Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Running MS-windows GUI from unix/linux Post 89451 by krhamidou on Sunday 13th of November 2005 08:12:57 AM
Old 11-13-2005
you may try ssh ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If a is windows gui ( client), b is a unix gui ( Server for a) and c is a shell scrip

Hello all, 1) I want to have a GUI application that will call Unix shell scripts, 2) that GUI application should be able to reside on windows ( if possible) and then call Unix shell script either directly or through a server residing on unix. That is for example. If a is windows gui (... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hchivukula
1 Replies

2. Linux

Running Linux File Manager on Windows XP

OK: apologies (well) in advance if this is as stupid a question as it gets. I need to change the 'owner' on certain files and folders within my Linux web hosting account. Unfortunately I use Windows XP and now need some kind of Windows application that can open a window within XP that lets me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Boa Prinz
1 Replies

3. Linux

What's better for running Windows software in Linux, Wine or Windows VMware?

What are the differences, advantages, and disadvantages? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Advice Pro
1 Replies

4. Programming

How to modify this c code to get full GUI interface for Unix Linux ?

Hi, the following code comes from Unix Linux dialog utility project. Unfortunately, this project is no more actively maintained. Unix Linux dialog utility is made of widget boxes. One of them is mixedgauge.c In the following example I would like to get rid of flickering when run in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack2
0 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Problem with accessing subversion installed on unix server through windows GUI

We are using subversion as a version control system in our project. We are connecting to client`s sun Solaris box through check point VPN. Client has installed subversion . We have created repository and add files to it. Now we want to access the same from our windows machine (through... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aasid
0 Replies

6. Linux

Which Linux distribution has a GUI like MS Windows ?

Hello experts, I have windows on my PC and now I want to continue java programming in Linux. Can anyone please suggest which distribution I can use which will give me better environment for programming and also good interface like windows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gentleDean
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

controlling tool running on Linux VM fron Windows

I have a virtual machine with RedHat. It has a command-line tool X that takes an input file + some control parameters, performs some processing and generates some input files. I have a Windows XP/Server 2003 box where an app Y is running. What I need to do is to control X from Y. That is, given an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ilyaz
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running Linux Script from Windows

forgive me if i am posting this question in wrong forum. I have a rsync script that runs on one server for rsync with another server (both linux) . Now I want to get control of that script from my windows 7 machine. Means I want to run that script from my windows machine whenever i want... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HarryReid
1 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Sys headers - running Linux C code on windows

Hi All, I wanted to run a small socket application written in C on windows. The code was written for GNU/linux..the compiler on windows CodeBlocks complains about the sys headers. is there an equivalent for windows ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolatt
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Wanna learn native GUI programming in UNIX - Linux ?

Hi , wanna learn native GUI programming in Unix-Linux instead of Gtk and Qt. No problem. You don't need a cross platform Gui toolkit like Gtk and Qt. And the code and syntax is also not more or less than others. Check out this code for a simple mainwindow for your application that is openend in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sennenmut
0 Replies
PROFILE-MANAGER(1)					      General Commands Manual						PROFILE-MANAGER(1)

NAME
profile-manager - starts the gui for configuring the metadata used by desktop-profiles SYNOPSIS
profile-manager DESCRIPTION
The desktop profiles package needs metadata about the available profiles in order to decide when to activate which profiles. This metadata is contained in the .listing files placed in the /etc/desktop-profiles directory. This convenience script will start a graphical interface for configuring that metadata. The gui is a kommander script, so you need to have the kommander package installed for the gui to work (the script will check if the neces- sary prerequisites are present, and tell you what's missing if necessary). OPTIONS
There are no options FILES
/etc/desktop-profiles/*.listing - Files containing the metadata about installed profiles BUGS
The gui currently barks at profile metadata containing a single quote in the description. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Bart Cornelis <cobaco@skolelinux.no>. SEE ALSO
desktop-profiles(7), list-desktop-profiles(1), update-profile-cache(1) desktop-profiles May 07, 2005 PROFILE-MANAGER(1)