Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: PWD env variable for root
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers PWD env variable for root Post 8931 by bcole23 on Friday 19th of October 2001 10:04:49 AM
Old 10-19-2001
Thank to all of you..
This was something I was wondering about for quite a while.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

root env

Dear Guys , i installed sun solaries 8 for intel platform . now i want to edit root env or init. files in order to add the follwing : EDITOR=vi export PATH EDITOR export PS1=`uname -n`:\$PWD\> set -o vi alias dir="ls -la|more" alias c=clear stty erase "^H" what file i have to... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamemi
13 Replies

2. HP-UX

root pwd

The root pwd on an hpux11i box was changed by an ex-employee. Is there anyway to reset it without shutting down the machine? If not how can I do it.. Thanks in Advance Brian (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: breigner
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

root pwd expired

Dear friends, I am using linux os . my root passward has expired suddenly. in command prompt iam giving su- and password it is saying that your root password has expired . how to get my root password. anyone pls rep. rajan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_ka1
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Root ENV is different from users', how to change?

Hello, I'm working on a Solaris 9 machine. I found the root's environment variables (say, $PATH, $ORACLE_HOME, big problem) were set differently from the users'. All regular users use C shell now and share the same environment file stored in /usr/local/config/cshrc.default. Should I just use... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alanlh
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PWD env variable

Could you please tell me, which process / file is responsible for the setting of PWD env variable in Solaris Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chaandana
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to assign a pwd value to a variable

Hi, I want to assign a pwd value to a variable filepath=$pwd Thx in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vls1210
4 Replies

7. AIX

sync samba pwd with aix5.3 pwd

currently, my samba login works just fine. i want my clients to use aix5.3 account to login to samba so they don't have to change samba pwd and aix pwd. i googled, and vi /usr/lib/smb.conf per some of knowledge base, but i could not get to work. aix5.3 and samba 3.0.24.0 thanks in advace..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

pwd in a variable

is there anyway i could store the output of pwd that is the path in a variable...? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
7 Replies

9. Web Development

Deny from env=env-variable Does not work

(Above from Apache docs). On my system, using: SetEnvIf User-Agent Mozilla IsBad=1 Order allow,deny Allow from all Deny from env=IsBad ...I see that environment variable is set (using phpinfo()) but the page is still served. No errors in the Apache logs. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gnurob
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

How to pass value of pwd as variable in SED to replace variable in a script file

Hi all, Hereby wish to have your advise for below: Main concept is I intend to get current directory of my script file. This script file will be copied to /etc/init.d. A string in this copy will be replaced with current directory value. Below is original script file: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cielle
6 Replies
getusershell(3C)					   Standard C Library Functions 					  getusershell(3C)

NAME
getusershell, setusershell, endusershell - get legal user shells SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> char *getusershell(void); void setusershell(void); void endusershell(void); DESCRIPTION
The getusershell() function returns a pointer to a legal user shell as defined by the system manager in the file /etc/shells. If /etc/shells does not exist, the following locations of the standard system shells are used in its place: /bin/bash /bin/csh /bin/jsh /bin/ksh /bin/ksh93 /bin/pfcsh /bin/pfksh /bin/pfsh /bin/sh /bin/tcsh /bin/zsh /sbin/jsh /sbin/pfsh /sbin/sh /usr/bin/bash /usr/bin/csh /usr/bin/jsh /usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/ksh93 /usr/bin/pfcsh /usr/bin/pfksh /usr/bin/pfsh /usr/bin/sh /usr/bin/tcsh /usr/bin/zsh /usr/sfw/bin/zsh /usr/xpg4/bin/sh The getusershell() function opens the file /etc/shells, if it exists, and returns the next entry in the list of shells. The setusershell() function rewinds the file or the list. The endusershell() function closes the file, frees any memory used by getusershell() and setusershell(), and rewinds the file /etc/shells. RETURN VALUES
The getusershell() function returns a null pointer on EOF. BUGS
All information is contained in memory that may be freed with a call to endusershell(), so it must be copied if it is to be saved. NOTES
Restricted shells should not be listed in /etc/shells. SunOS 5.11 1 Nov 2007 getusershell(3C)