Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: signals - SIGTERM
Top Forums Programming signals - SIGTERM Post 8927 by guest100 on Friday 19th of October 2001 09:40:39 AM
Old 10-19-2001
first of all check to see if there is suffiecient disk space. 85% usage, no more than that if you are using a live database with instances.

if you have space and there is no problem with that have a look at the foloowing

<pre>

_lwp_sigredirect _signotifywait (2) - deliver process signals to specific LWPs
_signotifywait _signotifywait (2) - deliver process signals to specific LWPs
gsignal ssignal (3c) - software signals
onintr trap (1) - shell built-in functions to respond to (hardware) signals
sigaddset sigsetops (3c) - manipulate sets of signals
sigblock sigblock (3b) - block signals
sigdelset sigsetops (3c) - manipulate sets of signals
sigemptyset sigsetops (3c) - manipulate sets of signals
sigfillset sigsetops (3c) - manipulate sets of signals
siginterrupt siginterrupt (3b) - allow signals to interrupt functions
sigismember sigsetops (3c) - manipulate sets of signals
sigmask sigblock (3b) - block signals
signal signal (5) - base signals
sigpause sigblock (3b) - block signals
sigpending sigpending (2) - examine signals that are blocked and pending
sigsetmask sigblock (3b) - block signals
sigsetops sigsetops (3c) - manipulate sets of signals
sigtimedwait sigwaitinfo (3r) - wait for queued signals
sigwaitinfo sigwaitinfo (3r) - wait for queued signals
ssignal ssignal (3c) - software signals
td_thr_setsigpending td_thr_setsigpending (3t) - manage thread signals for libthread_db
td_thr_sigsetmask td_thr_setsigpending (3t) - manage thread signals for libthread_db
trap trap (1) - shell built-in functions to respond to (hardware) signals
truss truss (1) - trace system calls and signals

</pre>

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

make fuser send SIGTERM?

Hello, Nice forum BTW... anyway on to my question. I am trying to write a korn shell script that will shut down a java VM. The first challenge was how to figure out which java VM to kill, as there can be other java processes running at the same time. Then I discovered fuser. It says it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adamides
4 Replies

2. Programming

How to implement SIGKILL and SIGTERM and print a message?

Hello, I am running a webserver that uses sockets, forks, and children. The parent process listens for connections and the child processes the information. I am trying to figure out why the code I have below SIGTERM, and SIGKILL never fire. I was messing around with the printfs and doesnt... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: norelco55
11 Replies

3. Programming

Can SIGTERM to main process kill the detached threads?

Hi, I am stuck up with a strange problem. I am writing an application - a kinda tracker that reads data from memcache and invokes theads to process each record of the memcache. I dont want to join all my threads because my tracker should poll the cache in regular intervals say sum 300... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepti_v25
2 Replies

4. Programming

the parent receive SIGTERM from its child (httpd) ?

the parent is a process manager in our design, and httpd service is one of its child processes, which is started in foreground mode (with "-D FOREGROUND" options) according to our requirements. when httpd service is started, one main httpd process and eight sub httpd processes can be found by... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaronwong
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to detect SIGTERM,SIGKILL signal in UNIX

Dear All We have JBOSS server running on Linux we need to track Graceful Shutdown(SIGTERM) and Forceful Shutdown(SIGKILL) timestamp and write it into one file, I am new to UNIX Signal processing if is it possible how to detect it? We generally do $kill PID For Graceful... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnmonu
5 Replies

6. Programming

Reliable management of signal SIGPIPE and SIGTERM

I' m note very expert in the reliable manage of signal... but in my server I must manage SIGPIPE for the socket and SIGTERM... I've wrote this but there is something wrong... Can someone explain me with some example the reliable management of signal?? This is what I've wrote in the server ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: italian_boy
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Current instance of Shell ignoring SIGTERM

Hello. Could anyone tell me how can I configure a instance of Shell to ignore the SIGTERM signal? I would really appreciate. Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: razolo13
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh child process not ignoring SIGTERM

My ksh version is ksh93- =>rpm -qa | grep ksh ksh-20100621-3.fc13.i686 I have a simple script which is as below - #cat test_sigterm.sh - #!/bin/ksh trap 'echo "removing"' QUIT while read line do sleep 20 done I am Executing the script From Terminal 1 - 1. The ksh is started... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpoornar
3 Replies

9. AIX

SIGTERM failing in AIX

I have 2 AIX 6.1 systems running on PowerPCs - production and .. .everything else. :p . Until the installation of a TLS certificate in an application, some copying of files ("cloning an environment") and upgrading a listener, sending a kill -15 worked on any script/application, so long as we were... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mrucker
6 Replies
SIGSETMASK(2)						      BSD System Calls Manual						     SIGSETMASK(2)

NAME
sigsetmask, sigblock -- manipulate current signal mask LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <signal.h> int sigsetmask(int mask); int sigblock(int mask); int sigmask(int signum); DESCRIPTION
This interface is made obsolete by: sigprocmask(2). The sigsetmask() function sets the current signal mask to the specified mask. Signals are blocked from delivery if the corresponding bit in mask is a 1. The sigblock() function adds the signals in the specified mask to the current signal mask, rather than overwriting it as sigsetmask() does. The macro sigmask() is provided to construct the mask for a given signum. The system quietly disallows SIGKILL or SIGSTOP to be blocked. RETURN VALUES
The sigblock() and sigsetmask() functions return the previous set of masked signals. SEE ALSO
kill(2), sigaction(2), sigprocmask(2), sigsuspend(2), sigvec(2), sigsetops(3) HISTORY
The sigsetmask() and sigblock() functions first appeared in 4.2BSD and have been deprecated. BSD
June 2, 1993 BSD