Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: simple commands
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers simple commands Post 8924 by Optimus_P on Friday 19th of October 2001 09:20:04 AM
Old 10-19-2001
type this.

ls /bin /usr/bin /usr/local/bin > commands ; more commands

that is a list of just about every command u could use as a user. to find out what they do.

type "man &ltcommand&gt"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

simple Unix commands

Just hoping someone can help me out. I am looking for what should be simple commands to enter for this information: List of all Unix users (is this etc/passwd?) List of all users' access capabilities (is this etc/group?) Password settings (e.g., password expiration interval, minimum password... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: i don't care
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying simple commands to create a script

Can anyone direct me to a resource that explains scripting in simple terms? I have visited many sites and browsed this forum and have yet to find simple explanations. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocinante
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple rm commands in my server

Hi all, I have PLESK to manage my virtual dedicated server. The most recent version left a favicon.ico file in all my domains and subdomains. I want to delete them without having to go into each individual folder. So I'd like to remove favicon.ico from every subfolder of /var/www/vhosts/ ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chickenhouse
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

running a simple script file with multiple commands

I'm trying to run a script file with multiple commands that I would normally type into the command line. The commands are: #!/bin/bash diff Test1.o0 /usr3/ronelso4/Desktop/verificationKPC/Test1.o0 > differences2 diff Test1a.o0 /usr3/ronelso4/Desktop/verificationKPC/Test1a.o0 >> differences2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: knelson
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Writing simple python setup commands

Building software in most languages is a pain. Remember ant build.xml, maven2 pom files, and multi-level makefiles? Python has a simple solution for building modules, applications, and extensions called distutils. Disutils comes as part of the Python distribution so there are no other packages... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk simple commands merge

Is there nice awk code for merging the following commands and do the last task? input1 ab100 xxx 100 blahblah + 1000 ab100 yyy 90 blahblah + 1000 ef390 ggg 200 blahblah - 2000 ef390 aaa 100 blahblah - 2000 df888 ttt 300 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruby_sgp
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple script editing text files and running commands

Okay this will probably have multiple parts to it but I don't really want to trouble you guys with more help because I'm a total noob so I can just do the first part by hand (it's just editing a few hundred lines of text in a file; I have to do the same thing on each line and I'm sure there's a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guitarscn
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help with simple terminal commands

i am at home with a windows xp home, and i am using putty terminal to access my linux mathlab account, my task is to compile and run a C program, called a.c, i used gcc -Wall -g -o mycode a.c to compile it into a mycode file now when i want to run it, i was told i had to use $... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega666
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with simple Linux commands - NEWBIE here!

Hey guys, I need help with simple unix commands. I'm a newbie to Unix and don't know these commands. Any help is appreciated. 1. Logon to Linux. 2. Create a directory "Unix" under your home directory. Command(s): …………………………………………. 3. Create four... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: loverangerguy
1 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

Need help with simple Linux commands

Hey guys, I need help with simple unix commands. I'm a newbie to Unix and don't know these commands. Any help is appreciated. 1. Logon to Linux. 2. Create a directory "Unix" under your home directory. Command(s): …………………………………………. 3. Create four... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: loverangerguy
1 Replies
IWPRIV(8)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							 IWPRIV(8)

NAME
iwpriv - configure optionals (private) parameters of a wireless network interface SYNOPSIS
iwpriv [interface] iwpriv interface private-command [private-parameters] iwpriv interface private-command [I] [private-parameters] iwpriv interface --all DESCRIPTION
Iwpriv is the companion tool to iwconfig(8). Iwpriv deals with parameters and setting specific to each driver (as opposed to iwconfig which deals with generic ones). Without any argument, iwpriv list the available private commands available on each interface, and the parameters that they require. Using this information, the user may apply those interface specific commands on the specified interface. In theory, the documentation of each device driver should indicate how to use those interface specific commands and their effect. PARAMETERS
private-command [private-parameters] Execute the specified private-command on the interface. The command may optionally take or require arguments, and may display information. Therefore, the command line parameters may or may not be needed and should match the command expectations. The list of commands that iwpriv displays (when called without argument) should give you some hints about those parameters. However you should refer to the device driver documentation for information on how to properly use the command and the effect. private-command [I] [private-parameters] Idem, except that I (an integer) is passed to the command as a Token Index. Only some command will use the Token Index (most will ignore it), and the driver documentation should tell you when it's needed. -a/--all Execute and display all the private commands that don't take any arguments (i.e. read only). DISPLAY
For each device which support private commands, iwpriv will display the list of private commands available. This include the name of the private command, the number or arguments that may be set and their type, and the number or arguments that may be display and their type. For example, you may have the following display : eth0 Available private ioctl : setqualthr (89F0) : set 1 byte & get 0 gethisto (89F7) : set 0 & get 16 int This indicate that you may set the quality threshold and display an histogram of up to 16 values with the following commands : iwpriv eth0 setqualthr 20 iwpriv eth0 gethisto AUTHOR
Jean Tourrilhes - jt@hpl.hp.com FILES
/proc/net/wireless SEE ALSO
iwconfig(8), iwlist(8), iwevent(8), iwspy(8), wireless(7). net-tools 31 October 1996 IWPRIV(8)