Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris how to remove the screen saver on solaris box Post 88980 by rhfrommn on Thursday 10th of November 2005 11:01:16 AM
Old 11-10-2005
Are you running a CDE session? If so, you can open the style manager (which is one of the icon buttons on the right side of the bar at the bottom by default) and change it there. Once you open that you'll have a selection of managers to choose from. Choose the "screen" manager and screensaver settings are in there.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Screen saver

Can any one help me knowing how to do screen saver after certain time ? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hegazy Mahdy
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

My screen saver for a plain session

Good day. :) I don't know exactly where or how to post this kind of stuff, but I though I'd like to have a look at my "Screen Saver" in progress. Comments welcome. This uses bash. Just copy and pase into any file. Make o+x and run. Feel free to edit and change all u like. Thanks. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Blooper
0 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

screen saver in UNIX~~~~~~HELP NEEDED

One of my Sun Box running SUNOS 4.1.3_U1, the screen saver in turn on. if there anyway to disable the screen saver? Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AirWalker83
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Screen Saver Resolution

I am using sun solaris machine i have given the specs of that machine given below Name of athe Platform : SUNW,Ultra-5_10 Machiene hardware :sun4u Processor Type :sparc Operating system : solaris 10 Monitory TYpe : SAMSUNG Sync Master... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ambavaram
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris box shows blank screen after power up

Hi All, I have a solaris machine that powers up and displays a blank screen? All the keyboard, monitor and mouse are plugged in. It was booting fine before and when it was disconnected and re-connected (mouse/keyboard/monitor) it just powered on and came up with a blank screen. Please... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tlee
5 Replies

6. Solaris

screen saver

I am using solaris 10 x86, i am trying to create my own sreensavers using the pictures in my folder. pls can someone tell on how to go about this (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: seyiisq
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Screen Saver for LINUX - ROOT

Good Morning. I have a question about screen savers in LINUX especially CENTOS. I don't seem to have a problem setting the screen saver with a password required for the root account(version 5.3). I'm told earlier versions you could not set it for. I was wondering if newer versions of LINUX had... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ejjones
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

command line tool to disable screen lock and/or screen saver

Hi, I have a simple question : how to disable screen lock and/or sreen saver with command line with RHEL5.4 ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: albator1932
1 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Screen saver mode at work

Hi, At work, the PC Windows 7 goes to screen saver mode after 10 minutes. I don't have access to change that. It's grayed out for me. After 10 minutes, the IM will say " AWAY" and my email status will say " AWAY ". Email and IM both are from Microsoft. My question is there any work... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies
CHOOSEWM(1)						      General Commands Manual						       CHOOSEWM(1)

NAME
choosewm - Select a window manager to be used. SYNOPSIS
choosewm [-f] [-p] [-t] choosewm [-t] -c DESCRIPTION
choosewm presents a window to let the user choose a window manager to start. By default it shows everything registered as window manager at the Debian menu system, but it allows global and local configuration to change that data. OPTIONS
-c, --config Allow the user to change the default. Beside telling choosewm to not start the chosen window manger, this mostly changes the text of some buttons and labels -f, --force Show the selection window unconditionally. -p, --print Do not start the window-manager, but print it to stdout. -t, --text Do not ask by opening an X11 window, but ask on the terminal. Needs a terminal as stdin. This is activated by default with -c and DISPLAY not set. CONFIG FILES
After reading /var/lib/choosewm/windowmanagers, treating anything before a equal (=) sign in a line a name and everything after that as window manager path, choosewm checks /etc/X11/choosewm/config and after that by default .choosewm/config in the user's $HOME-directory. Lines containing only spaces or starting with a # are ignored. Every other line may contain one of the following commands: add: name=path Add an additional window manager to the list. name will be shown in the list, path will be started. This option is only useful to add something that should be only added to this list. If you installed a window manager by hand, please consider to register it in the Debian menu instead. That way all potent enough window managers will be able to offer switch- ing to that window manager by menu. remove: path Do not list the window manager with path in the list to choose from. default: defaultwindowmanagerpath Use the window manager defaultwindowmanagerpath as default, when no last selection of the window manager is available. userconf: filename Read the user's config from $(HOME)/filename. If filename is -, no user config is read. Default is .choosewm/config dontaskfile: filename Create the file $(HOME)/filename, if the user selected to not be asked about the window manger, and do not ask if this file is present. (Unless -f is command line argument.) Default is .choosewm/dontask lastdecisionfile: filename Read the last decision from the file $(HOME)/filename, and save the decision of the user there. Default is .choosewm/lastwm inalias: oldold=newpath If the last decision is oldpath, change it to newpath. askalias: oldold=newpath If the last decision is oldpath, change it to newpath and force showing of the selection window. outalias: path=output If the user has chosen path as window manager, write instead output to the file as new last decision. sTAG: text Are used to set strings to be shown to the user in labels, buttons or headers. The CONFIGTAG variants are used with -c. The following are the currently definied Tags and their default values: sCONFIGHEADER: Choose default Window Manager sHEADER: Choose Window Manager sCONFIGWELCOME: Please choose the default window manager and whether to reask at start time. sWELCOME: Welcome, please select a Window manager to use. sCONFIGASK: _Ask when starting sASK: _Ask again at every login sCONFIGSELECT: _Select sSELECT: _Start sCONFIGCANCEL: _Cancel sCANCEL: _Log out ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
HOME The current home directory of the current user. DEFAULTWINDOWMANAGER If no default is specified in the config files nor by the user's last choice, the content of this environment variable is tried before the path /etc/alternatives/x-window-manager is pointing to is tried. FILES
/etc/X11/choosewm/config Global config file read. /var/lib/choosewm/windowmanagers Default system window manager file. /etc/alternatives/x-window-manager Default link to compute a default. $(HOME)/.choosewm/config Default user config file. $(HOME)/.choosewm/lastwm Default file to store the users default. $(HOME)/.choosewm/dontask Default file to signal not asking when existant. SEE ALSO
update-menus(1), xsession(1). AUTHOR
choosewm was written by Bernhard R. Link <brlink@debian.org>. This manual page was written by Bernhard R. Link. 2009-06-11 CHOOSEWM(1)