"Problem in registering new netfilter target module"

Post #88811 by Rakesh Ranjan on Wednesday 9th of November 2005 12:43:21 AM

Problem in registering new netfilter target module

Friends I'm facing a big problem trying to extend the netfilter. Somone please help me with your quick reply (any hint) as I've to meet a deadline.

My problem is that I've written a new netfilter target module and its corresponding userspace program for iptables to change the packet type of a packet. I compiled the iptables and kernel without any error and installed this new kernel (with newly compiled parameters) in my boot partition.

Next when I booted into this kernel and tried using this target it gives error "invalid argument" which I think is coming because the target module is not geting loaded (as on failure it returns EINVAL).

Now can anyone tell me what may b the problem.
I think I can summarise my problem as what can b pozbl. reasons for which any kernel module not get registered.

Test Your Knowledge in Computers #613
Difficulty: Medium
Examples of complex numbers in Python are (-5+4j) and (2.3 - 4.6j).
True or False?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

having problem in understanding namei module

can anyone give me some idea on unix filesystem namei's algorithsm (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kangc
2 Replies

2. Programming

Basic multi module problem

I am trying to learn how to use multiple modules and hearder files. I have tried a little experiment but cannot get it to work. Here is my code and compilation attempt. Any help with finding my problems appreciated. The main function (main01.c) calls a function located in another file... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: enuenu
9 Replies

3. Linux

problem with kernel module loading

Hi masters, I am new to linux and unix forum and this is my first forum. So please excuse if I am not giving sufficient information. I will give them on request. I have created a bandwidth manager module. I am using a 2.6.9 kernel and in Red Hat 3.4.3 distribution. But when i run make... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iamjayanth
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Kernel module compilation problem

I have one big module 2.6.18 kernel mod.c I want to divide this to several files. The problem is to write right Makefile lib1.h lib1.c mod.c mod.c works fine normally but when I divide into several files and try to compile with this makefile obj-m := mod.o mod-objs := lib1.o ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcintom
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

problem with netfilter hook function struct skbuff *sock is null..

iam trying to built a firewall.so i have used netfilter for it. in function main_hook sock_buff is returning null and in my log file continuously "sock buff null" is printed plse help to solve this problem.. (using print_string iam printing strings on current terminal (terminal we ping)) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pavan6754
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem loading cpufreq module

I'd like to install cpufreq modules on my server . I tried sudo modprobe acpi-cpufreq but got the error FATAL: Error inserting acpi_cpufreq (/lib/modules/2.6.18-238.12.1.el5xen/kernel/arch/x86_64/kernel/cpufreq/acpi-cpufreq.ko): No such device cat /proc/cpuinfo gives this ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishwamitra
11 Replies

7. Red Hat

Problem registering a new system

Hi, A registered a new system the other day using the subscription-manager (RedHat ES6, Academic edition) but it's not showing up on the web site so that I can entitle it and get updates, etc. Any ideas? ~ Rob (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: caspersgrin
1 Replies

8. HP-UX

After adding new iscsi target port, still the session state of that target port is showing offline

Hi, I wanted to configure new iscsi port on HPUX system, i added the target port address and configured it, once done, went to array side and searched for that host iqn number , but was nt able to find the same, came to host, then when i ran "iscsiutil -pVS" command it gave me below result ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vinay Kumar D
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with ssh on target server.

ssh works from source server srcuser@10.8.44.13 to all other target servers except one which is target server trguser@10.8.44.43 On target the <trguser-home>/.ssh folder is set to permission 700 and authorized_keys file is set to permissions 600 cksum for id_rsa.pub on source 10.8.44.13 and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
8 Replies
qmail-queue(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    qmail-queue(8)

NAME
qmail-queue - queue a mail message for delivery SYNOPSIS
qmail-queue DESCRIPTION
qmail-queue reads a mail message from descriptor 0. It then reads envelope information from descriptor 1. It places the message into the outgoing queue for future delivery by qmail-send. The envelope information is an envelope sender address followed by a list of envelope recipient addresses. The sender address is preceded by the letter F and terminated by a 0 byte. Each recipient address is preceded by the letter T and terminated by a 0 byte. The list of recipient addresses is terminated by an extra 0 byte. If qmail-queue sees end-of-file before the extra 0 byte, it aborts without placing the message into the queue. Every envelope recipient address should contain a username, an @ sign, and a fully qualified domain name. qmail-queue always adds a Received line to the top of the message. Other than this, qmail-queue does not inspect the message and does not enforce any restrictions on its contents. However, the recipients probably expect to see a proper header, as described in qmail-header(5). Programs included with qmail which invoke qmail-queue will invoke the contents of $QMAILQUEUE instead, if that environment variable is set. FILESYSTEM RESTRICTIONS
qmail-queue imposes two constraints on the queue structure: each mess subdirectory must be in the same filesystem as the pid directory; and each todo subdirectory must be in the same filesystem as the intd directory. EXIT CODES
qmail-queue does not print diagnostics. It exits 0 if it has successfully queued the message. It exits between 1 and 99 if it has failed to queue the message. All qmail-queue error codes between 11 and 40 indicate permanent errors: 11 Address too long. 31 Mail server permanently refuses to send the message to any recipients. (Not used by qmail-queue, but can be used by programs offering the same interface.) All other qmail-queue error codes indicate temporary errors: 51 Out of memory. 52 Timeout. 53 Write error; e.g., disk full. 54 Unable to read the message or envelope. 55 Unable to read a configuration file. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 56 Problem making a network connection from this host. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 61 Problem with the qmail home directory. 62 Problem with the queue directory. 63 Problem with queue/pid. 64 Problem with queue/mess. 65 Problem with queue/intd. 66 Problem with queue/todo. 71 Mail server temporarily refuses to send the message to any recipients. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 72 Connection to mail server timed out. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 73 Connection to mail server rejected. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 74 Connection to mail server succeeded, but communication failed. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 81 Internal bug; e.g., segmentation fault. 91 Envelope format error. SEE ALSO
addresses(5), envelopes(5), qmail-header(5), qmail-inject(8), qmail-qmqpc(8), qmail-send(8), qmail-smtpd(8) qmail-queue(8)

Featured Tech Videos