Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: email users isssue
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers email users isssue Post 88407 by stakes20 on Thursday 3rd of November 2005 05:00:32 PM
Old 11-03-2005
Question email users isssue

Hi,

my email server is set up in a different machine which runs lineox enterprise 3.0. It exports /var/spool/mail to the sun server running solaris 9 and hence, all workstations nd users can access their mail.

but the problem is some users cannot open their mail at all. the error "mailer cannot open" appears. But if as root, i open their mail box by opening it through /var/mail/ then they can open their mail box for some amount of time( not fixed, hours, days), but again after sometime, they cannot open the mailer unlike some users who can use it no problem. Currently, the ones who cannot use the mailer r receiveing their mail through pine.

How do i go about fixing the problems? What settings do i look for especially in lineox box and are there any commands to write.

please help

thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to change default email sent to new users

Hello all, I have a question about the email that is sent to new users when they first check their email. The message is directly from the server and says something like "Welcome to "mailserver", you login is atypical." Where is this message? Can I change the message that is sent? Were... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: calivw78
2 Replies

2. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

now 4 users created, still no email

I'm sorry for being an annoyance. I did read in another post that anyone who gives a proper email address will receive a confirmation. Well, I have created 4 accounts to no avail. Who knows, maybe I did mistype my email in one of them (twice since we have to reconfirm and with the same typo),... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seaghan
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

send email to more users

Hi, If I want to send an email to serveral users, what is the correct way to do it? I know a little bit mail command. If I want to send email to John and Scott after UNIX shell scripts have completed the job. I type: mail -s 'Job has been completed successfully' john@yahoo.com < log.txt ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to send email to multiple users

hi, i'm pretty new to this unix. i've been asked to create a shell script which will pick up the email id from a text file(stored in same machine, same directory) searches for that id in another file in which a product name( a one line text) is mentioned against it. then it should send a mail... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishwas.shenoy
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending an email to group of users

Hi , I want to write a Unix script which can send an automatic email to the group when my job is completed.I'm trying the following Mail -s "test" <groupname> << EOD >Completed >EOD With this i'm not able to send an email to group..Any ideas? Thanks in Advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BhawanaAggarwal
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

wget and xml isssue

Hi All, I need to download with wget all files with "xml" extension for a specifix url say for instance https://www.example.com/xmlfiles/ I need to do this 3 times a day downloading just the new files added since last download and/or files that are changed from the last download. In order to do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: capnino
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send email from shell to users in Mysql

Hi, I need help about sending mail in linux. I have a ubuntu server with working web site, users are uploading files in one main directory (to folder inbox). With samba I shared that directory and on other mashine is Windows server and application that is reading that files and writting content to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: drazenmd
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Reading Excel sheet isssue

There is a perl scriptwhich will read Excel sheet and create one file(.v) . Excel sheet::: A B C D 1 cpu_dailog 2 3 4 Perl will create the file(.v) like thsi ::: assert (cpu_dailog_iso ==2) ; assert (cpu_dailog_reset ==3); assert (cpu_dailog_idle... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naaj_ila
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Email the users about their existing groups

Hi Guys, I want a script where in I need to send an email to individual users about their groups. OS:unix redhat Shell :Bash. The mail should be like,"Hi &username , you are in part of &group1,&group2 .." I need to mail to their personal email id mostly @outlook. Not to their UNIX.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vijay2107
1 Replies

10. Web Development

CURL - Post Form Isssue ( sequel )

Hi, I write a new thread to discuss about my closed topic with new information ( /280990-curl-post-form-issue.html ) The previous post was closed because of missing informations, I didn't have access yet to server logs. ----------------------------------------------------------------------... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fred13
4 Replies
COLLECT-REMINDERS(1)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      COLLECT-REMINDERS(1)

NAME
collect-reminders - collect email reminders to be sent out SYNOPSIS
Collect emails reminders set by users for special occasions and move them to the email-reminder spool directory. DESCRIPTION
Email-reminder allows users to define events that they want to be reminded of by email. This script is meant to be invoked everyday by a cron job or as the root user. It collects the reminder files from each user. OPTIONS
--help Displays basic usage message. --verbose Prints out information about what the program is doing, including the full emails being sent out. --version Displays the version number. FILES
~/.email-reminders, /etc/email-reminder.conf AUTHOR
Francois Marier <francois@email-reminder.org.nz> SEE ALSO
email-reminder-editor, send-reminders COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004-2010 by Francois Marier Email-Reminder is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. Email-Reminder is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with Email-Reminder; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-28 COLLECT-REMINDERS(1)