Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Scsi
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Scsi Post 8813 by truma1 on Thursday 18th of October 2001 03:59:23 AM
Old 10-18-2001
Network Scsi

How can you get a scsi card to initalize or decome available at boot up on AIX 4.3

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

query about scsi

can any one tell me what's the difference between scsi and differential scsi? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: i2admin
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Scsi

I would like to install a AIT drive to the scsi connector on our solaris box. I am very new to the unix world and would be greatful if someone could help or lead me in the right direction. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpyle
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Which SCSI Adapter?

Hi. I need to find a simple SCSI adapter card for a Sun Ultra 5 workstation. I don't need the type w/ ethernet attached (e.g. X1032) as I already have ethernet onboard & they are more spendy. I know Adaptec is out, but what unit would work? I am attaching an external SCSI tape unit to this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Plain Person
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Scsi cables - which ones?

Is there any specific scsi cables that you need to get when connecting a tape drive or external storage or does one type of cable fit all? ie. I can buy the following: HD68 to HD68 with Ferrites supports S-E Ultra/Wide transfer rates. But will this work for tape drives and storage? I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Help probe-scsi-all

I have run init 0 to bring it to OK prompt. I know that probe-scsi-all can hang the system. I want to know what is the difference between probe-scsi-all and probe-scsi. I was told that probe-scsi-all external and internal devices and probe-scsi shows only internal devices. what dose this ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitinkgoud
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCSI Disk

how can i determine what disks are scsi disks from the format command? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcon1
5 Replies

7. Programming

SCSI interfacing by C

how can I make interfacing with the SCSI controller on linux system using C language to send or recieve data via this SCSI port like I made with serial port and socket ???:confused: how can I deal with this port ??:rolleyes: how can I get its address or its device name ???:eek: thanks for help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ahmed waheed
2 Replies

8. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

What do these SCSI errors mean?

Linux / Kernel experts, Please help. I'm getting errors with various return codes, similar to: kernel: SCSI error : <0 0 5 165> return code = 0x8000002 I would like to know how / where to lookup the definition of the numbers between the angle brackets, and the return code itself. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bumblebee
3 Replies

9. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Installing SCSI

I need to hook a tape library to my compy (tru64 versifon 4F) by way of SCSI. I can get as far as plugging it in on my own. Please help Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: randUSR()
0 Replies

10. Red Hat

Finding scsi id

Hi, I would like to know scsi id of hard drive, which command is used to find scsi id of hard drive and disk related information. Regards Manoj (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
3 Replies
AACRAID(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						AACRAID(4)

NAME
aacraid -- Adaptec AACRAID Controller driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device pci device aacraid To compile in debugging code: options AACRAID_DEBUG=N Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): aacraid_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The aacraid driver provides support for the Adaptec by PMC RAID controllers, including Series 6/7/8 and upcoming families. The RAID containers are handled via the aacraidp0 bus. The physical buses are represented by the aacraidp? devices (beginning with aacraidp1). These devices enable the SCSI pass-thru interface and allows devices connected to the card such as CD-ROMs to be available via the CAM scsi(4) subsystem. Note that not all cards allow this interface to be enabled. The /dev/aacraid? device nodes provide access to the management interface of the controller. One node exists per installed card. If the kernel is compiled with the COMPAT_LINUX option, or the aacraid_linux.ko and linux.ko modules are loaded, the Linux-compatible ioctl(2) interface for the management device will be enabled and will allow Linux-based management applications to control the card. HARDWARE
Controllers supported by the aacraid driver include: o Adaptec ASR-6405(T|E) o Adaptec ASR-6445 o Adaptec ASR-6805(T|E|Q|TQ) o Adaptec ASR-7085 o Adaptec ASR-7805(Q) o Adaptec ASR-70165 o Adaptec ASR-71605(E|Q) o Adaptec ASR-71685 o Adaptec ASR-72405 o Adaptec Series 8 cards FILES
/dev/aacraid? aacraid management interface DIAGNOSTICS
Compiling with AACRAID_DEBUG set to a number between 0 and 3 will enable increasingly verbose debug messages. The adapter can send status and alert messages asynchronously to the driver. These messages are printed on the system console, and are also queued for retrieval by a management application. SEE ALSO
kld(4), linux(4), scsi(4), kldload(8) AUTHORS
Achim Leubner <achim@FreeBSD.org> Ed Maste <emaste@FreeBSD.org> Scott Long <scottl@FreeBSD.org> BUGS
The controller is not actually paused on suspend/resume. BSD
April 09, 2013 BSD