Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Teaching myself Here Document Post 88000 by ericelysia on Sunday 30th of October 2005 11:33:59 PM
Old 10-31-2005
I assume you are referring to the variables with the tput options.

The program is not really connected right now, it is in separate files.

Is it still possible to only declare them in one file and use them in the other files?

Thank you for the tips, they really helped me get everything straightened out.

Eric

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help on find a document

Hey all, I've been trying to find a document. The document is a list of all supported hardware that Solaris 7 supports. If anyone knows where this can be found thx in advanced. I've tried looking through the docs.sun.com site and can't find what I am after. It's just a list of hardware... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: merlin
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

one teaching Tip

Student have huge interest about why so many expert choose use UNIX than MS Windows. I consider that SHARE & OPEN is key point.:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 111000
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo with a here-document

I do not know how valid this post is, but here it is. I was writing a script for testing some development code that I had written. It involved many echo statements to redirect the output into a log file. Given the large number of echo statements, I took to this solution cat <<EOF >>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

The here document <<

Hello, I want to know the use of the here document with the << operator. Tried to go through some books but the concept was not clear. Please can any1 expalin me this with a simple example. Thanks, Rahul. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Document

Plz can somebody give me the shell and perl scripting documents,i need to start the scrpts learning.now i know about the linux commands,but need help in putting the same in the scripting with do,if,while and also using diffrent commands in the scrpipts,pls help.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish.res
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Here document inside a here document?

Can we use a here document inside a here document? Something like this ssh user@remotehost << REMOTE sudo vserver vsernamename enter << VSERVER perform actions on vserver. VSERVER REMOTE (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnanavati
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Teaching myself Unix - Need websites and other pointers

Hi, I am new to Unix. I've started with a book "Unix for Dummies". Please help, any websites with extensive amount of practice exercises are needed. I need to practice! Also I would appreciate any books that are good for beginners. Thanks to all! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zamcruiser
1 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

HTML document

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: <HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Personal Web Page</TITLE></HEAD> <BODY BGCOLOR="WHITE"><H3> <CENTER>My Personal Page<HR>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Larry_1
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetch the value from Here Document

I have code like var="1" echo << EOF export `var="2"` EOF echo $var The value of var is printed here is 1 but it should be 2 Any error there? ---------- Post updated at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:33 AM ---------- Also tried var="1" echo var << EOF echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adisky123
1 Replies
pdbtxt2html(1)						      General Commands Manual						    pdbtxt2html(1)

NAME
pdbtxt2html - Doc Text to HTML converter for Palm Pilots SYNOPSIS
pdbtxt2html [ -t ] file.txt [ file.html ] pdbtxt2html -v DESCRIPTION
pdbtxt2html converts text converted from a Doc(4) file via txt2pdbdoc(1) to HTML. If no HTML filename is given, the generated HTML is sent to standard output. Document Title The first line of the file is used for the HTML document title. Bookmarks The last line of the file is examined and, if it contains a string enclosed between < and >, that is taken to be the bookmark marker. The entire file is then scanned looking for lines beginning with it (ignoring leading whitespace). These lines are converted to HTML headings. The number of whitespace characters after the first bookmark marker is used for heading level 1. The level of subsequent headings is set to the number of whitespace characters between the bookmark marker and the bookmark text minus the number for the first bookmark plus one. Embedded URLs Valid URLs (according to RFC 1630) embedded in the text are turned into hyperlinks. The ftp, gopher, http, https, mailto, news, telnet, and wais URLs are recognized. OPTIONS
-t Compile a table of contents and insert it between the first heading and the body. -v Print the version number to standard output and exit. EXAMPLE
To convert a Doc file to HTML: txt2pdbdoc alice.pdb alice.txt pdbtxt2html alice.txt alice.html SEE ALSO
html2pdbtxt(1), txt2pdbdoc(1), doc(4), pdb(4) Tim Berners Lee. Universal Resource Identifiers in WWW, Network Working Group of the Internet Engineering Task Force, June 1994. http://info.internet.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc/files/rfc1630.txt AUTHOR
Paul J. Lucas <pauljlucas@mac.com> txt2pdbdoc January 21, 2005 pdbtxt2html(1)