Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Configuring networking interfaces on Solaris 10 Post 87775 by ispepalocacoc on Thursday 27th of October 2005 01:50:50 PM
Old 10-27-2005
does 'ifconfig -a' give you a list of all your devices?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

networking between two solaris workstations

I am trying to network two solaris workstations(ultra sparc 5) at home. what shoud I use to build the one of workstations as a http and ftp server and to network with the other workstation? (please explain to me in detail.. what kind of software or equipment do I need..) Thanks John (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jung1975
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

adding interfaces in solaris 9

Hi, Have a solaris 9 e420, one onboard nic. Now I added a quad nic card. I have never had more than a single interface. Any help on setting this new card up? or links? PLease? ; thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configuring networking interface on Sun Blade 1500

Hi, I am attempting to configure my ethernet interface on a Sun Blade 1500. I am testing out my network interface my connecting a crossover cable from my blade to a windows box. I would like to assign an ip address of 10.0.0.2 to "bge0" and netmask of "255.0.0.0". I have typed the following: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: annointed3
1 Replies

4. Solaris

solaris networking

may i know what is the command for configure new ip, subnet mask and gateway ?? thanks .. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Farbegas
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 Networking

I have just installed Solaris 10 for x86. The install seemed to have worked fine, and I have configured my hostname and am able to login and do whatever. However, networking does not seem to have been installed. I have a router which assigns ip address via DHCP. I would have thought Solaris would... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phobos
5 Replies

6. IP Networking

Solaris Networking - help

Hi all Right, i need to admit Im c4p on networking. I hate it, always have, always will. Here's my problem Ive got 3 hosts. A B and C. I need to directly contact host C from host A, but at the moment I have to ssh on to B, to then ssh on to C. so, I need to set up host b, to forward... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris networking

Hi, I have installed two solaris boxes in an VM. First box is 10-1 Has two interfaces and in connected briged to the lan an d connected internal to an virtual lan. Second box is 10-2 Has one interface. Now what I wanted to do is a setup so that 10-2 connects through 10-1 to the lan.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jld
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 8: Multiple primary interfaces connected to the same network

Hello, I have a machine with Solaris 8, and it has multiple interfaces that are connected to the same network which means they all have metric 0 (1 hop) to the default gateway. assume: * e1000g0: 10.1.1.70 * e1000g2: 10.1.1.72 * e1000g4: 10.1.1.74 * e1000g5: 10.1.1.76 * gateway:... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: aeg
11 Replies

9. Solaris

Configuring network interfaces in Solaris11

Hi all, Just istalled Solaris 11. Want to configure network interfaces and got some problems: #dladm show-phys # #dladm show-link # If i run ifconfig -a, i am getting 2 lo0 (loopback) interfaces and thats all. I can't enable interface, can't list it, can't assign IP to it. Can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nypreH
2 Replies
YPSERV.ACL(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual						     YPSERV.ACL(5)

NAME
ypserv.acl -- ypserv(8) configuration file DESCRIPTION
The ypserv.acl file controls which hosts can connect to the YP server. The format is more complex than the format for securenet(5). The first two verbs on each line controls if the line will allow or deny access for a host, network (net) or all hosts. The YP server reads the configuration file and build a list in memory. This list is processed from the beginning for every incomming request. As soon a match is found in the list the search terminates and it returns success or failure depending on allow or deny. If no match was found in the list success is returned. If access is denied every call will cause a no such domain error for the caller. Don't forget to allow localhost access if you want the machine running ypserv access it too. There is no default name for this file. Start ypserv with a -a filename to read a file with this format. The following different syntax can be used: < allow|deny > host < hostname|ip-address > If hostname has more than one ip address then all will be added to the list. < allow|deny > net < netname|netnumber > [netmask <netname|netnumber>] If netmask part of the command isn't given then the netmask will be assumed to be a class A, B or C net depending on the net number. < allow|deny > all A line containing one of these commands will always match any host. EXAMPLES
A configuration file might appear as follows: # This is an example of an access control file to be used by ypserv. # # This file is parsed line by line. First match will terminate the check # of the caller. # ########################################################################### # This is the commands that will match a single host # # allow host <hostname|ip-address> # deny host <hostname|ip-address> # # To process hostname gethostbyname is called. If the hostname has # multiple ip-addresses all will be added (I hope). ip-address # processed by inet_aton. allow host localhost deny host jodie ########################################################################### # This is the commands that will match a network # # allow net <netname|netnumber> [netmask <netname|netnumber>] # deny net <netname|netnumber> [netmask <netname|netnumber>] # # To process netname getnetbyname is called, and inet_aton is used for # netnumber. inet_aton both access numbers as 255.255.255.0 and 0xffffff00. # # If netmask isn't given the parser will assume netmask from the first bits # of the network number. So if the network is subneted the you have to add # the netmask. In my case I've got the network 139.58.253.0 at home so too # allow any of my computers to talk with the server I need the following # line # allow net mojathome netmask 255.255.255.0 ########################################################################### # At last we have a command that will match any caller: # # allow all # deny all # # reject all connections deny all FILES
/var/yp/ypserv.acl A ypserv(8) configuration file. SEE ALSO
yp(8), ypserv(8), securenet(5) AUTHOR
Mats O Jansson <moj@stacken.kth.se> BSD
July 2, 1994 BSD