Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Can anyone recommend a freeware X-windows emulator? Post 87489 by rhack on Monday 24th of October 2005 04:29:49 PM
Old 10-24-2005
Can anyone recommend a freeware X-windows emulator?

Are there any freeware or shareware X-windows emulators out there? I only have the need for an emulator on rare occasions and would like to avoid having to purchase something like Exceed or x32.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix emulator for windows 98

as part of my course i have to do a lot of programming using the universities unix server. i am able to access this from home using telnet but i cannot use axe or anything to edit my files. I was wondering if anyone knew of any software that could enable me yo do this as i like working at 2am when... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HALLY
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

adobe freeware question

I've just downloaded the adobe reader for a solaris 8 box of mine. I try to unzip it as it is is tar.gz format and get a binary error ? how can I unzip this thing and get the reader going ? thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: simon2000
3 Replies

3. Slackware

Windows Emulator?

I have heard of something called a windows emulator that allows you to run windows programs in linux, does this realy work? can I run any windows program (like a computer game)? and where can I get it :p (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kimm
13 Replies

4. HP-UX

HP UNIX freeware

Hi I plan to buy HP unix system from ebay for learning purpose. Would like to know if any HP UX version is freeware or available for download. Thanks GRR (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: grr9999
4 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Is there freeware application like access or VB ?

Hello all I is there freeware application that as Microsoft access and VB (RAD tool ) That is free to use and multi platform? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Windows emulator on Solaris machine

Hello together, in our German company we have buyed one English Windows XP version. Every one of us should have access to this windows installation. So we have reconsidered that we want to install this Windows on our SUN SPARC Solaris machine. It is only used for checking out licenses of our own... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SPORTS
2 Replies

7. Solaris

freeware needed

Is there any freeware or shareware which can execute .exe files in solaris 10 if it is please give the link (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiwsaj
4 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Mac OS X emulator for Windows XP?

Not quite sure if this is the right section, but you guys know lots of good stuff. Is there a good OS X emulator that I can put on my Windows XP system? I have PC's and at work/lab they run everything on mac's. Due to program compatibility issues, it would be nice if I could run mac software on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: silkiechicken
2 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Is freeware safe?

Hi there, I am posting this from my desktop (XP Home Edition) which has Norton I.S 2009 which will soon expire. I also have a laptop I was given which runs on vista home premium (recent clean install) which I have not yet used. I have a LinkSys wireless-N ADSL2+ Gateway router and I was... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sebastian2
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Availablility of mysql freeware

Hi, Is there a freeware available of mysql? Can it be installed on AIX? Please suggest. Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dwiravi
1 Replies
appmake(1)							z88 Development Kit							appmake(1)

NAME
appmake - The z88dk application generator SYSNOPIS
appmake [+target] [options] DESCRIPIONS
This manual page documents briefly the z88dk tools. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution (but may be used by others), because the original program does not have a manual page. Please refer to the z88dk documentation in /usr/share/doc/z88dk-doc/ for the complete description of the system. If /usr/share/doc/z88dk- doc not exists, please install the package z88dk-doc. This program is used to produce files which are suitable for use in emulators or on the real hardware. OPTIONS
Options used in all targets: -h --help Display help -b --binfile [file] Linked binary file -o --output [name] Name of output file +[target] generate file for target machine. Targets with additional options are: abc80 ace Generates a .byt file suitable for loading into emulators acetap Generates a .TAP for the Ace32 emulator aquarius Creates a BASIC loader file and binary stored in variable array format cpc Gegerates file for Amstrad CPC Additional options: -c --crt0file [file] crt0 file used in linking --exec [nnnn] Location address to start execution --org [nnnn] Origin of the binary hex Creates an intel hex record suitable for embedded devices Additional options: --org [nnnn] Origin of the binary msx Adds a file header to enable the program to be loaded using 'bload "file.bin",r mz nas Generates a .NAS file suitable for use by emulators Additional options: --org [nnnn] Origin of the binary rex Additional options: -n --appname [name] Application Name -c --comment [text] Application Comment --nt Don't pad out to 8k addin ti82 Creates a .82p file Additional options: --comment [text] File comment (42 chars) ti83 Creates a .83p file Additional options: --comment [text] File comment (42 chars) ti8x Creates a .8xp file Additional options: --comment [text] File comment (42 chars) ti85 Creates a .85p file Additional options: --comment [text] File comment (42 chars) ti86 Creates a .86p file Additional options: --comment [text] File comment (42 chars) ti86s Creates a .86s file Additional options: --comment [text] File comment (42 chars) svi Creates a .cas file loadable with the SVI emulator z88 Generates .63 and .62 files suitable for burning to EPROM Additional options: -c --crt0file [file] crt0 file used in linking --nt Do not truncate bank 63 z88shell Patches the header to ensure that the program is recognised by the shell Additional options: -c --crt0file [file] crt0 file used in linking zxvgs Creates a zxvgs application file Additional options: -c --crt0file [file] crt0 file used in linking zx Generates a .TAP file complete with BASIC header Additional options: -c --crt0file [file] crt0 file used in linking --org [nnnn] Origin of the binary --blockname [name] Name of the code block in tap file SEE ALSO
z88dk(1), z88dk-zcc(1), z88dk-z80asm(1), z88dk-appmake(1), z88dk-copt(1). AUTHOR
z88dk was written by Dominic Morris <dom@z88dk.org>, and others. This manual page was written by Krystian Wlosek <tygrys@waw.pdi.net> using exists documentation, for the Debian GNU/Linux system. 01 December 2009 appmake(1)