Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: help with back up please
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users help with back up please Post 8744 by Michael on Wednesday 17th of October 2001 10:16:47 AM
Old 10-17-2001
So you have to run the database in archive mode.
See oracle manuels for online backup(backup controlfile, tablespaces, archive files).

If you need more information send me an email
::email removed::

regards

Last edited by oombera; 02-20-2004 at 11:45 AM..

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Help about back up

Hi this is Ramana.sv new to this group, please help me about my question, i am using HP-UX11.11i with oracle 10G this server is in india and i have another server in US with same HP-UX with oracle10G, what i want is i want to rename the local database in local HP server and copy the database from... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcseramana
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

back up

hi all i need to transfer files from one server to another,but i have to make up a backup with a datestamp on the destination server beore i move the new files from the source to the destination server. example source server destination server a.sun a.sun b.sun ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkan77
0 Replies

3. AIX

back to back printing in UNIX

Hi , Can you suggest me how to back to back printing in UNIX? Is there any way? Kindly advise. Regards Vijaya Amirtha Raj (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amirthraj_12
3 Replies

4. IP Networking

Back-to-Back Connection using HBAs

Hi every body, Is it possible to connect two servers Back-to-Back (Point-to-Point) using HBA adapters & using Fiber. Note it is direct connection & there is no switches between the servers. I'm concern about using HBA adapters, it is possible or not. Thanks in advance. :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aldowsary
3 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

I'm back

Hi all, I used to post here years ago, and was a moderator, my old username: zazzybob. Anyway, after a few years away focusing on my career, I'm back and keener than ever to get involved in the unix.com community again. I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of things, helping... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: tokiwinter
11 Replies
VGCFGRESTORE(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   VGCFGRESTORE(8)

NAME
vgcfgrestore - restore volume group descriptor area SYNOPSIS
vgcfgrestore [-d|--debug] [-f|--file filename] [-l[l]|--list] [-h|--help] [-M|--Metadatatype1|2] [-t|--test] [-v|--verbose] VolumeGroupName DESCRIPTION
vgcfgrestore allows you to restore the metadata of VolumeGroupName from a text backup file produced by vgcfgbackup. You can specify a backup file with --file. If no backup file is specified, the most recent one is used. Use --list for a list of the available backup and archive files of VolumeGroupName. OPTIONS
-l | --list -- List files pertaining to VolumeGroupName List metadata backup and archive files pertaining to VolumeGroupName. May be used with the -f option. Does not restore Vol- umeGroupName. -f | --file filename -- Name of LVM metadata backup file Specifies a metadata backup or archive file to be used for restoring VolumeGroupName. Often this file has been created with vgcfg- backup. See lvm for common options. REPLACING PHYSICAL VOLUMES
vgdisplay --partial --verbose will show you the UUIDs and sizes of any PVs that are no longer present. If a PV in the VG is lost and you wish to substitute another of the same size, use pvcreate --restorefile filename --uuid uuid (plus additional arguments as appropriate) to initialise it with the same UUID as the missing PV. Repeat for all other missing PVs in the VG. Then use vgcfgrestore --file filename to restore the volume group's metadata. SEE ALSO
lvm(8), vgcreate(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.44-cvs (02-17-09) VGCFGRESTORE(8)