Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Interview Questions
Operating Systems Solaris Interview Questions Post 87420 by samir_sinu on Monday 24th of October 2005 03:21:54 AM
Old 10-24-2005
Bug Interview Questions

hi everybody,
my name is samir, i m from delhi,india. i m a student in solaris. just few days ago i had completed my course. can anybody tell me the possible interview questions in solaris.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Interview Questions

Please please if anyone has time to answer them, this noob would highly appreciate it. Thanks in advance. 1. whats $# in a shell script 2. whats a $* in shell script 3. Explain nohup with an example 4. If $1 is the first parameter, whats $0 5. How do you see the return code of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: foxmulder123
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 10 Interview Questions?

Hey, My company is looking to bring on a Sr. UNIX Admin with Solaris 10 experience. What are some solid interview questions I could ask about UNIX and Solaris 10 that would weed a good guy out from a bad? Questions that don't involve long command lines would be the best. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mikepatton21
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris Interview Questions

Hi, Can anyone tell me which is the good site for solaris interview questions. Let me know if anyone has some material on the same. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amult
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Interview questions

Hi guys, Interview Questions:- 1) There are 2 ways to create a slice in Solaris 1) we can create using format command but there say other than format 1more within sec. we can create a slice. 2) ? 2) How to create a temperory SWAP Space 3) How to check the Devices from the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurva
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

interview questions..plz help

hello, I have some doubts .plz help if i try to ping from a server, it doesnt ping & gives different ip address, and in nslookup i get different ip address, what is the problem ? if u cant ssh to a server what will be ur steps ? give full iptables command to open port 22 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhigrkist
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux Internals Interview Questions

Can anyone list the interview questions on Linux Internals? Any link for the same will also be helpful. In a job requirement of say C, linux internals what is expected about linux internals? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Require interview questions on UNIX

Hi Unix experts, I require interview questions on UNIX. Tomorrow I have to interview a guy of 2yrs experienced. So I require the Q&A's. Please provide the questions in a manner from Basics to Advanced with grading. We mostly use that guy for Unix shell scripting (support, maintenance). ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
1 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)