Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: help with back up please
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users help with back up please Post 8742 by guest100 on Wednesday 17th of October 2001 09:55:42 AM
Old 10-17-2001
The problem is that I can not shut down the database,
needs to be up 24/7.
I know there are some other utilities for that, but I would like to know if it's a full system back up (0 level)
why when I try to ufsrestore interactivily I only see the / (root)level ?

Thanks

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Help about back up

Hi this is Ramana.sv new to this group, please help me about my question, i am using HP-UX11.11i with oracle 10G this server is in india and i have another server in US with same HP-UX with oracle10G, what i want is i want to rename the local database in local HP server and copy the database from... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcseramana
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

back up

hi all i need to transfer files from one server to another,but i have to make up a backup with a datestamp on the destination server beore i move the new files from the source to the destination server. example source server destination server a.sun a.sun b.sun ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkan77
0 Replies

3. AIX

back to back printing in UNIX

Hi , Can you suggest me how to back to back printing in UNIX? Is there any way? Kindly advise. Regards Vijaya Amirtha Raj (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amirthraj_12
3 Replies

4. IP Networking

Back-to-Back Connection using HBAs

Hi every body, Is it possible to connect two servers Back-to-Back (Point-to-Point) using HBA adapters & using Fiber. Note it is direct connection & there is no switches between the servers. I'm concern about using HBA adapters, it is possible or not. Thanks in advance. :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aldowsary
3 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

I'm back

Hi all, I used to post here years ago, and was a moderator, my old username: zazzybob. Anyway, after a few years away focusing on my career, I'm back and keener than ever to get involved in the unix.com community again. I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of things, helping... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: tokiwinter
11 Replies
BAK2DB(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 BAK2DB(8)

NAME
bak2db - Directory Server script for restoring a backup SYNOPSIS
bak2db archivedir [-Z serverID] [-n backendname] [-q] | [-h] DESCRIPTION
Restores the database from a archived backup. The Directory Server must be stopped prior to running this script. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below: archivedir The directory of the archived database. -Z Server Identifier The server ID of the Directory Server instance. If there is only one instance on the system, this option can be skipped. -n Backend Name The name of the LDBM database to restore. Example: userRoot -q Quiet mode. Reduces output of task. -h Display the usage. EXAMPLE
bak2db /LDAP/backups/20130305/ -Z instance1 -n userRoot bak2db /LDAP/backups/20130305/ -n example DIAGNOSTICS
Exit status is zero if no errors occur. Errors result in a non-zero exit status and a diagnostic message being written to standard error. AUTHOR
bak2db was written by the 389 Project. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to http://bugzilla.redhat.com. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2013 Red Hat, Inc. Mar 5, 2013 BAK2DB(8)