Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Hard Dirve Space Remaining
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Hard Dirve Space Remaining Post 8664 by spu230479 on Tuesday 16th of October 2001 10:08:22 AM
Old 10-16-2001
Network Hard Dirve Space Remaining

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS ANY C CODE YOU CAN USE WITHIN UNIX TO FIND THE REMAINING DISK SPACE ON A HARD DRIVE.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Disk Space Remaining

Does anyone know any C code to get the remaining disk space ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spu230479
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

Remaining Space After Mirroring

My HP9000 has 10 disks of 9.1 GB each. With help of the fpmurphy (thank you) it is knowing that 8 of them are mirrored (using lvdisplay). What should i do to know which is the existent free space after mirroring. Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cgege
1 Replies

3. Linux

How to access mapped dirve in Linux

i want to access mounted/mapped drive in linux using C code is it possible to access the mapped drive in linux using C code ? waiting for replay NIrav (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: niravuchat
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripts for calculating size and remaining space of a directory automatically.

I would like to create a script for calculating size and remaining space of a directory automatically every 24 hours, then send an email to report to the admin. * POSIX and PERL are preferred. Can anyone help, please? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: leonall
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Re-allocating hard drive space

Hi, Is their an easy way to realloate hard drive space on Solaris 10. For example : /c20td0 10G /space 90 G I would like to move some of the hard-drive space from "/space" and add it to "/c20td0". In Windows this can be easily done using Partition magic, anything similar for UNIX? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: annointed3
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hard Disk drive space gone missing...

Sorry if this is totally the wrong place to post this but I have a question or something rather thats bugging me. I got a new Dell Inspiron laptop the other day and I was expecting it to have 80G on it, well atleast 70 or so after installation of OS and such but after looking carefully yesterday, I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ecclesiastes
8 Replies

7. Solaris

How to utilize the 2nd hard disk space in x86 solaris 5.10

I have 2 hard disks ,one hard disk(40gb) completely for windows Os,and the other(120gb) for solaris Os. In the second hard disk.I have utilised around 10gb for the solaris installation and also partitioned with the available 10gb space for the solaris x86 OS. Now i need to utilise the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayaprakash
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on Linux script to monitor hard drive space

I'm new to Linux and have very limited experience with shell scripts in general. I am taking a class and I have to research online and come up with a shell script that monitors disk space. I also have to be able to explain it line by line. I've researched various sites and came across this shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wgreg23
3 Replies

9. SCO

Add memory and EDI hard disk space

Dear all I would like to know if you have face to the problems as add 1. 256 MB DDR Ram memory 2. IDE 40 GB slaved hard-disk my current machine is GA-SIML Rev 1.0, 1.6 GHz CPU, 1GB HDD, 256 MB DDR-Ram memory, as I add another 256 DDR-Ram, and 40 GB Slaved EDI Hard disk it, the systems... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TinhNhi
1 Replies

10. Fedora

Need to incrwase PHYSICAL VOLUME space on hard drive with free space on it

Hi, I run Fedora 17. I created a physical volume of 30GB on a disk with 60GB of space so there is 30GB of free space. On the physical volume, I created my volume group and logical volumes. I assigned all the space in the physical volume to my volume group. I need to add the 30GB of free space... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies
HAL-FIND-BY-CAPABILITY(1)				      General Commands Manual					 HAL-FIND-BY-CAPABILITY(1)

NAME
hal-find-by-capability - find device objects by capability matching SYNOPSIS
hal-find-by-capability [options] DESCRIPTION
hal-get-capability finds device object in the HAL device database by looking at device capabilities. For more information about both the big picture and specific HAL properties, refer to the HAL spec which can be found in /usr/share/doc/packages/hal/spec/hal-spec.html depend- ing on the distribution. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --capability The name of the capability. --verbose Verbose output. --help Print out usage. --version Print the version. RETURN VALUE
If devices matching the given capability are found each UDI (Unique Device Identifier) is printed on stdout and the program exits with exit code 0. If no devices are found or an error occured, the program exits with a non-zero exit code. BUGS
Please send bug reports to either the distribution or the HAL mailing list, see http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/hal on how to subscribe. SEE ALSO
hald(8), lshal(1), hal-set-property(1), hal-get-property(1), hal-find-by-property(1), dbus-send(1) AUTHOR
Written by David Zeuthen <david@fubar.dk> with a lot of help from many others. HAL-FIND-BY-CAPABILITY(1)