Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how can call perl script as command? Post 86520 by umen on Friday 14th of October 2005 07:06:44 PM
Old 10-14-2005
how can call perl script as command?

Hello
say i have written some perl scripts , now i like to call them in my unix shell
as unix command like "more" , "ls" , "grep" so that my say perl script called "foo.pl"
will be called from every where as "foo" or "foo arg1 arg2"?

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to call a perl script from tcsh?

Hi I am not sure how to call a perl script from a tcsh shell. do i need to set any environment variables? your help is appreciated Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megastar
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Wget call in a Perl script

I've got to do a wget call in a Perl Script. I am basically doing migration of a shell script which was previously doing it. The code in the sh file was as follows. wget -nv -o /tmp/wget.run.log -t 5 -w 10 http://windows-server/myapp/1try.asp?myparam=no This wget command is executing an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

call shell script from perl cgi script problem

hi,, i have perl scipt with line : system('./try.sh $t $d $m'); in shell scipt try.sh i have the line: echo $1 its not printing value of $t that i hav passed..y is it so..i am running it from apache web server (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raksha.s
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to call a bash script using perl

Hi I m new to perl. I m trying to write a perl script that calls a bash script; does anyone have a script already that they can provide or help me out? Thanks a lot. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adnan786
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call expect script from Perl

I have a Perl script sub.pl, and i want to call another Expect script called sub.exp. The sub.exp will generate a text file called sub.txt, while the sub.pl called from a html form will display the content of sub.txt to the textarea on the html form. How do I call sub.exp from sub.pl??? ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cxbest
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call the System command twice in the same perl script...

Hello experts, I have a perl script which looks for the ARGV and then loads the data as per it. Example. #Checking the server to connect if ($ARGV eq 'QA') { $ENV{"ORACLE_HOME"} = "/oracle/product/11.2.0"; $ENV{"PATH"} = "$ENV{'PATH'}:/oracle/product/11.2.0/bin"; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: msrahman
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - Call a sub routine in a command

Hi all I have written a simple perl script that has different options i.e. myscript -l -p etc i have it so when it runs without any switches it runs a subroutine called nvrm_norm i want to be able to do a -p option and run pall -w -f and then called the subruotine pall is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ab52
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call .profile in perl script

Hello Gurus Can anyone please let me know how to call .profle file in perl script When I am calling the .profile file its giving error Shall I create unix script which has .profile command and call perl script internally (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call a bash command from within a perl script?

In a bash script, one can call a perl command in the following manner, where "myperlcommand" is a perl command. perl -e 'myperlcommand(arguments)' perl -e 'print("UUUU"x4)' Now, how can one call a bash command from within a perl script? (Suppose that mybashcommand is a bash... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LessNux
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call a Perl script within a bash script and store the ouput in a .txt file

I'm attempting to write a bash script that will create a network between virtual machines. It accepts three arguments: an RSpec that describes the network topology, and two list of machines (servers and clients). I have a (working) Perl script that I want to call. This Perl script takes an RSpec... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mecaka
6 Replies
SPEEDY_BACKEND(1p)														SPEEDY_BACKEND(1p)

NAME
speedy_backend - the backend process for a persistent Perl interpreter SYNOPSIS
none ; this program is not meant to be called directly. DESCRIPTION
speedy, short for SpeedyCGI, is a way to run perl scripts persistently, which can make them run much more quickly. After the script is initially run, instead of exiting, the perl interpreter is kept running inside a backend process, speedy_backend. Dur- ing subsequent runs, this interpreter is used to handle new executions instead of starting a new perl interpreter each time. A very fast frontend program, speedy, written in C, is executed for each request. This fast frontend then contacts the persistent Perl process, which is usually already running, to do the work and return the results. Each perl script runs in its own Unix process, so one perl script can't interfere with another. Command line options can also be used to deal with programs that have memory leaks or other problems that might keep them from otherwise running persistently. The speedy front end connects to the back end process, speedy_backend, via a Unix socket in /tmp. A queue is kept in a shared file in /tmp that holds an entry for each process. In that queue are the pids of the perl processes waiting for connections. The frontend pulls a process out of this queue, connects to its socket, sends over the environment and argv, and then uses this socket for stdin/stdout to the perl process. FILES
/tmp/speedy* A unix socket used to connect to the frontend process. AUTHOR
Sam Horrocks http://daemoninc.com sam@daemoninc.com NOTES
This manual page was created by Niko Tyni <ntyni@iki.fi> for Debian GNU/Linux, because the original program does not have one. It is based on the original and more complete CGI::SpeedyCGI(3pm) manual page. SEE ALSO
perl(1), CGI::SpeedyCGI(3pm), speedy(1) SPEEDY_BACKEND(1p)