Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ftp a file
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users ftp a file Post 8649 by krishna on Monday 15th of October 2001 10:48:01 PM
Old 10-15-2001
ftp a file

Hi All,

I would like to know how to ftp a file automatically
when a file generated in Unix that is to be transferred
immediately to my C drive, I have unix and Novel.
when I tried to this command
$ftp
open <my PC ip address>
..............connection refused
since I need automatic transfer, I can't use from
start,run,ftp <unix ip address>,get file

If anybody knows how to solve the problem
kindly mail me to :

::email removed::

regards
Krishna

Last edited by oombera; 02-20-2004 at 11:44 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP script to FTP file to UNIX - Solaris

Hello, A couple of times per week, i receive emails notifications when files are available for processing. Currently i read these eamails with a java program and store the attachement on my C: drive and would now like to generate a PC script to send this file name up to UNIX-Solaris and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobk544
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to put file from one ftp to another ftp location

hi, I have one file located in ftp.I want to place that file in different ftp location. Up to now i am doing it manually using get command and copying that file in to my local system and then putting that file in different ftp using put command. now i want to automate that using shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prasee
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using FTP to check whether file is completely FTP... plz find the description below

Hi, We have some clients who will place huge files in to one of the remote server. And the shell script written in our local server to retrieve client files (using FTP) placed on one of the remote server of ours by clients. My question Is there any FTP command/script to check from my local... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nmsrao
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting File from FTP and Transferring File to FTP

Hi, I am getting error when i am deleting file from FTP and also transferring file from local to FTP server. I am getting 221 error. I am getting this error some time only. Some time the existing file from FTP is deleted and file from local directory is transferred to FTP server. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: praka
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

[Solved] Unable to rename file in ftp server .Net:FTP perl

Hello All, I am trying to connect to ftp server and get the files. Also i need to rename the file in other ftp dir. rename method is not allowing me to rename the file in other dir. When i tried copy command by using net::FTP:FILE then perl says it is not installed. Can some body help me to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krsnadasa
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to ftp multiple files by taking the file name from a input file.

Hi, I'm working on a script which has to copy multiple files from one server to another server. The list of files that are to be copied is present in a file say input.txt. vi input.txt abc.c welcome.c new.c welcome1.c for ftp'ing a single file say 'new.c' the following code... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: i.srini89
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Needed script to FTP a File and generate a quality checksum file

hi all i want a script to FTP a file and should generate a quality checksum file means when I FTP a file from one server to another server it should generate a QC file which should contain timestamp,no.of records in that file Thanks in advance saikumar (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

List the file names available on FTP server before selecting the required file

Below is my script code.which shows the environment name and then fetch the file from the ftp server but I am facing one issue.The script should be run in both way.We can pass the arguments with script and select the environment name then file name.Here the issue is I am not able to list the files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ftp bash script appends to file using cron instead of coping new file

I have a bash script that is running a mysql query and creating a csv file with a time stamp. It then uploads that to a ftp server. Everything works great when I manually run it. But then I have a cron job set to run every monday, wednesday and friday at 5am est. When the cron job runs, it... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: akallenberger
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

After Ftp'ing file to destination how to check the file if it is in correct ASCII and not corrupted

Hi Folks, While transferring file from FTP software like Filezilla the files gets corrupted. Is there any way I can check if the recently transferred file is in ASCII and not corrupted. I have tried using file -i filename command which does tell if the file character set is ASCII or binary... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Khan28
6 Replies
ARPSNMP(8)						      System Manager's Manual							ARPSNMP(8)

NAME
arpsnmp - keep track of ethernet/ip address pairings SYNOPSIS
arpsnmp [ -d ] [ -f datafile ] file [ ... ] DESCRIPTION
Arpsnmp keeps track for ethernet/ip address pairings. It syslogs activity and reports certain changes via email. Arpsnmp reads information from a file (usually generated by snmpwalk(1)). The -d flag is used enable debugging. This also inhibits mailing the reports. Instead, they are sent to stderr. The -f flag is used to set the ethernet/ip address database filename. The default is arp.dat. Note that an empty arp.dat file must be created before the first time you run arpsnmp. REPORT MESSAGES
(See the arpwatch(8) man page for details on the report messages generated by arpsnmp(8).) FILES
/usr/operator/arpwatch - default directory arp.dat - ethernet/ip address database ethercodes.dat - vendor ethernet block list SEE ALSO
arpwatch(8), snmpwalk(1), arp(8) AUTHORS
Craig Leres of the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory Network Research Group, University of California, Berkeley, CA. The current version is available via anonymous ftp: ftp://ftp.ee.lbl.gov/arpwatch.tar.gz BUGS
Please send bug reports to arpwatch@ee.lbl.gov. Attempts are made to suppress DECnet flip flops but they aren't always successful. 4th Berkeley Distribution 17 September 2000 ARPSNMP(8)