Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: OPening A Port
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers OPening A Port Post 8626 by djatwork on Monday 15th of October 2001 01:46:25 PM
Old 10-15-2001
will do, thanx!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

opening port

i need to open port 1470. how do i do this. whats the command. This is on a solaris box. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ollyparkhouse
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

opening ssh port

I've got openssh installed but when i try to ssh to my machine i get a "port 22: connection refused" message. Do I need to add something to the hosts.allow file to allow ssh access in? I'm running Mandrake 8.1 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gasaraki99
5 Replies

3. AIX

Problem opening port 9998

Hi there, I have been trying to open port 9998 on an AIX 5.1 box to no avail. This machine is not connected to the internet and I have only been accessing it locally, so I know it's not a network firewall/proxy issue. I have tried editing /etc/services and inetd.conf, refreshing inetd.conf, and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: erica057
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Opening a port on HPUX 11

7 I need to connect to a Unidata database using rpc on a HPUX 11 unix machine. The rpc software on Unidata uses port 31438 which does not appear to be available. How can I check the status of this port and activate it for tcp use? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkyBlue
0 Replies

5. Programming

Opening a TCPIP Port with UNIX C

i am new to UNIX and C (primarilly a JDE and AS400/RPG developer). However, I need to find a way to send data to and from a web service from within a UNIX C program. What i would like to be able to do is to receive in a block of XML (from a non C application), wrap it, and then open a TCPIP... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DaveBarber
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Please help with opening a port??

Hello all, I need assistance... I need to open a port # 36677 and have it remain open even after a power cycle. I thought all I needed to do was add it to /etc/services. That was not it... Can someone please tell me how to do this. Thank you. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: komputersman
6 Replies

7. Solaris

How to enable Serial port on ILOM, when Network Port is enabled in parallel

Hi Everyone, In my environment, I have few T5220. On the iLOM Management Card, I have both Network and Serial port are cabled, I don't have any issues while I try to connect using Network Management port, but when I try to connect the serial port for the same server which is actually connected... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Cabling and adapters to communicate to service processor serial port from Windows PC with USB port.

Hello, I have an unloaded T5140 machine and want to access the ILOM for the first time and subsequently the network port after that., and then load Solaris 10 the final January 2011 build. The first part is what confuses me -the cabling. I am coming from a Windows machine (w/appropriate... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: joboy
5 Replies

9. Solaris

How to find port number wwn of particular port on dual port HBA,?

please find the below o/p for your reference bash-3.00# fcinfo hba-port HBA Port WWN: 21000024ff295a34 OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c2 Manufacturer: QLogic Corp. Model: 375-3356-02 Firmware Version: 05.03.02 FCode/BIOS Version: BIOS: 2.02; fcode: 2.01;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
3 Replies
mconnect(1)                                                        User Commands                                                       mconnect(1)

NAME
mconnect - connect to SMTP mail server socket SYNOPSIS
mconnect [-p port] [-r] [hostname] DESCRIPTION
The mconnect utility opens a connection to the mail server on a given host, so that it can be tested independently of all other mail soft- ware. If no host is given, the connection is made to the local host. Servers expect to speak the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) on this connection. Exit by typing the quit command. Typing EOF sends an end of file to the server. An interrupt closes the connection immedi- ately and exits. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -p port Specify the port number instead of the default SMTP port (number 25) as the next argument. -r "Raw" mode: disable the default line buffering and input handling. This produces an effect similar to telnet(1) to port number 25. OPERANDS
The following operand is supported: hostname The name of a given host. USAGE
The mconnect command is IPv6-enabled. See ip6(7P). FILES
/etc/mail/sendmail.hf help file for SMTP commands ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
telnet(1), sendmail(1M), attributes(5), ip6(7P) Postel, Jonathan B., RFC 821, Simple Mail Transfer Protocol, Information Sciences Institute, University of Southern California, August 1982. SunOS 5.10 9 Nov 1999 mconnect(1)