Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux cant mount cd rom in damm small linux Post 86209 by zazzybob on Wednesday 12th of October 2005 05:17:52 AM
Old 10-12-2005
Try this at the command prompt:

mkdir /cdrom

if it says it already exists, don't worry... put a CD in the drive, then....

mount -t iso9660 -o ro /dev/cdrom /cdrom

See if that works.

Cheers
ZB

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Why is linux console window in VMWare so small?

I install linux in VMWare, but Its console window is too small, Its size is 80*25, I can't change it even though I use full srceen mode in VMWare.How can I do? please help me! Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChaoZhang
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can i MOUNT CD-ROM in FEDORA Core?

Hai friends, Could you please tell me , How can i MOUNT CD-ROM in FEDORA Core? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: haisubbu
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Mount CD-ROM to the kernel

Guys, I've successfully mounted a USB memory stick into Solaris 9 kernel using volrmmount -e /vol/dev/rdsk/cXtXdX, however I am not able to perfrom the same module in mounting CD-ROM, in another word I am not able to mount a CD-ROM to the system's kernel but I am able to see the character... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fkaba81
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 does not mount CD/DVD ROM

Hi All, I just bought the SUN x2200m2. After I installed Solaris, I cannot see the CD/DVD ROM. I cannot mount the CD/DVD ROM since it says already mounted. When I try unmount it I get message that CD/DVD is not mounted. :( Any idea please. Thx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: afakhim
4 Replies

5. Solaris

cd rom to dvd rom drive swap

Hello, I need to replace a cd rom drive with a dvd rom drive in a SunFire v120 running Solaris 8. My objective is to install Solaris 10 from dvd disc. Downloading Solaris 10 cd discs is not an option since I am in Baghdad, Iraq and connection speeds are horrible. So far, all I can get is power to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: 555
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to install linux on a netbook with no cd-rom?

I just posted but thought it would be more interesting to try to figure out how to install a linux distro on a comp with no cd-rom i know about virtual drives and all that but to get a program free via download or torrent how and do you need a virtual drive and a virtual burner to mount the ISO... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BizilStank
1 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

RHEL/Linux Small Monitor

Hi, I'm using RHEL 4.5, and currently due to some special circumstances that required me to use this small monitor about 7" The problem is while using this monitor with windows, the monitor able to show the graphic/view.. but while using redhat it unable to detect. This monitor has no... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: flekzout
7 Replies

8. AIX

need help - How to mount DVD rom in AIX in Command line

Dear Friends could u pls help me on this . how to mount DVD rom in command line in aix? THanks DD (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ded325
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Small linux no gui

I want to execute from a grub a very small linux that only has commands, so at startup it executes this shell script I wrote and after that the user has an option to go back to the grub. I've heard of busybox but that doesn't seem to be helpful? Can anyone recommend a non gui distro, that can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcnewton13
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to mount CD rom

hi Am trying to mount a cdrom which has a blank cd into it, using the command: mount -v cdrfs -o ro /dev/cd0 /mnt Am getting this error: # df -Ig Filesystem GB blocks Used Free %Used Mounted on /dev/hd4 0.50 0.19 0.31 38% / /dev/hd2 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kamaldev
1 Replies
SWITCH_ROOT(8)						       System Administration						    SWITCH_ROOT(8)

NAME
switch_root - switch to another filesystem as the root of the mount tree SYNOPSIS
switch_root [-hV] switch_root newroot init [arg...] DESCRIPTION
switch_root moves already mounted /proc, /dev, /sys and /run to newroot and makes newroot the new root filesystem and starts init process. WARNING: switch_root removes recursively all files and directories on the current root filesystem. OPTIONS
-h, --help Display help text and exit. -V, --version Display version information and exit. RETURN VALUE
switch_root returns 0 on success and 1 on failure. NOTES
switch_root will fail to function if newroot is not the root of a mount. If you want to switch root into a directory that does not meet this requirement then you can first use a bind-mounting trick to turn any directory into a mount point: mount --bind $DIR $DIR SEE ALSO
chroot(2), init(8), mkinitrd(8), mount(8) AUTHORS
Peter Jones <pjones@redhat.com> Jeremy Katz <katzj@redhat.com> Karel Zak <kzak@redhat.com> AVAILABILITY
The switch_root command is part of the util-linux package and is available from https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux June 2009 SWITCH_ROOT(8)