Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Dual Displays
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Dual Displays Post 86160 by vertigo23 on Tuesday 11th of October 2005 05:46:35 PM
Old 10-11-2005
Google is your friend for this one. Do a search for your exact make and model of card, "tv-out" and your exact major version of X. Something like this

Google
| "xorg 6.8" xorg.conf "geforce4 mx1000" tv-out |

You're looking for someone else's working xorg.conf Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Dual Displays HP-UX 10.20

Hello All! Where I work we have C3600's that have a video cards that have both DVI and Regular RBG type monitor ports on them. My question is: is it possible to spread my desktop across two monitors that are plugged into the one card much like you can do with NVIDIA software like NVIEW for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: giftedone
0 Replies

2. Linux

Hostname displays incorrectly

hiii, in many of the linux machines i have tried this but the result is the same everywhere. if there are double letters in a hostname then that is displayed as single letter. e.g. if hostname is set to nepttune then login into the shell will display : NEPTUNE(admin)@/ $ hostname... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: shamik
15 Replies

3. AIX

who -r displays no output

Hello. I have an AIX machine at 6100-00. We had some strange activity since filling up /tmp. One symptom is that who -r displays no output. It doesn't hang just no output is displayed. We are going to boot the machine, but prior to that I'd like to dig a bit to see what may be causing the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: maficdan
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ls -l displays size in KB, MB, GB?

Hi, ls -l displays the long listing of a file in 8 fields. Query: ------ Does ls -l display the filename size in KB or MB or GB? -rwxrwxr-x 1 xx dba 655 May 22 06:27 time Here 655 is KB or MB or GB? Many thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk displays file name twice (?!)

Greetings. I have files that contains eleven fields in the file name. Each file has a specific meaning. My job is to list each file name and load the info into a database table for reporting. My awk code does this (files have VER suffix): find . -name "*.VER" -exec ls '{}' ';' -printf... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alan
2 Replies

6. Solaris

ls -l displays output with an error

when i use ls command it works normal but when i using additional parameter with ls like ls -l , ls -a... it shows a error followed by the output. # ls -l ./hgfs: Operation not applicable total 12861 -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 Jun 1 21:12 1 drwxr-xr-x 2 root root ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displays the text upward

I need to print out text from a file in the console up, you know someone like that? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gizmo16
8 Replies

8. Hardware

Fedora 16 dual monitor - dual head - automatic monitor shutdown

Hi, I am experiencing troubles with dual monitors in fedora 16. During boot time both monitors are working, but when system starts one monitor automatically shut down. It happend out of the blue. Some time before when I updated system this happend but then I booted older kernel release and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ls -l displays ctime or mtime?

commands ls -l or just l displays ctime (changed time) or mtime (modified time)? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash $(...) DISPLAYS EVERY COMMAND

I use things like this a lot in ksh and bash, but lately bash has been printing the command for every loop: ... | while read f do if then echo Differ "$f" fi done How to prevent this? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DGPickett
5 Replies
V4L(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							    V4L(4)

NAME
v4l - video4linux driver SYNOPSIS
Section "Module" ... Load "v4l" EndSection DESCRIPTION
v4l is an Xorg driver for video4linux cards. It provides a Xvideo extension port for video overlay. Just add the driver to the module list within the module section of your xorg.conf file if you want to use it. There are no config options. Note that the extmod module is also required for the Xvideo support (and lots of other extensions too). SUPPORTED HARDWARE
The v4l driver works with every piece of hardware which is supported by a video4linux (kernel-) device driver and is able to handle video overlay. bt848/bt878-based TV cards are the most popular hardware these days. CONFIGURATION DETAILS
Please refer to xorg.conf(5) for general configuration details. This section only covers configuration details specific to this driver. SEE ALSO
Xorg(1), xorg.conf(5), xorgconfig(1), Xserver(1), X(7) AUTHORS
Authors include: Gerd Knorr <kraxel@bytesex.org> X Version 11 xf86-video-v4l 0.2.0 V4L(4)