Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Awk - more than 99 fields?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Awk - more than 99 fields? Post 861 by DaveM on Tuesday 23rd of January 2001 12:34:12 PM
Old 01-23-2001
Hammer & Screwdriver

Thanks for that! I eventually used :

cut -d, -f50- input_file > output_file

and then did my awk command on the output file, remembering to subtract 50 from any variable used thereon in.

Thats what I like about UNIX...there is a way around almost anything Smilie

Dave

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

combining fields in awk

I am using: ps -A -o command,%cpu to get process and cpu usage figures. I want to use awk to split up the columns it returns. If I use: awk '{print "Process: "$1"\nCPU Usage: "$NF"\n"}' the $NF will get me the value in the last column, but if there is more than one word in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: json4639
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Specifying and replacing fields with awk

#cat BATCH007.TXT 01,661060052,061000104,081118,0915,07,80,1,2/ 99,,,2/ I have this file called BATCH007.TXT. I am trying to change fields 2 and 3 on line 2 to have zeroes. Like this: 01,661060052,061000104,081118,0915,07,80,1,2/ 99,0,0,2/ I can use these commands to print identify the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ddurden7
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk sed cut? to rearrange random number of fields into 3 fields

I'm working on formatting some attendance data to meet a vendors requirements to upload to their system. With some help on the forums here, I have the data close. But they've since changed what they want. The vendor wants me to submit three fields to them. Field 1 is the studentid field,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: axo959
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

edit fields awk

Hi there, i need some help please... I have this text, it's name data.txt that contains the following information: Mark Owen: 6999999888 6999999888 +302310999999 2310999999 Steve Blade Pit: +30691111222 2310888777 6999999888 John Rose: 2310777555 310544565 +302310999999 Mary Stuart:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mark_orig
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fields in AWK

I feel like a real leech now, 3 questions in 3 days, but hopefully when I get my head around all of this I can contribute back to this community! Anyway, so a couple of you guys have gotten me onto AWK and I've been researching it a little over the last couple of hours, now I'm somewhat sure I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aussiemick
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

No. of Fields using Awk

Hi, Could someone please let me know me how i can use an awk command to print the No. of fields of each file present in a Directory?Suppose the Directory has 5 text files in which the first record in each file contains fields separated by a '|'. I need to use a awk command to display the No... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchegoor
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join fields comparing 4 fields using awk

Hi All, I am looking for an awk script to do the following Join the fields together only if the first 4 fields are same. Can it be done with join function in awk?? a,b,c,d,8,,, a,b,c,d,,7,, a,b,c,d,,,9, a,b,p,e,8,,, a.b,p,e,,9,, a,b,p,z,,,,9 a,b,p,z,,8,, desired output: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aksijain
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print 1st field and last 2 fields together and the rest of the fields after it using awk?

Hi experts, I need to print the first field first then last two fields should come next and then i need to print rest of the fields. Input : a1,abc,jsd,fhf,fkk,b1,b2 a2,acb,dfg,ghj,b3,c4 a3,djf,wdjg,fkg,dff,ggk,d4,d5 Expected output: a1,b1,b2,abc,jsd,fhf,fkk... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: 100bees
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - compare 1st 15 fields of record with 20 fields

I'm trying to compare 2 files for differences in a selct number of fields. When differnces are found it will write the whole record of the second file including appending '|C' out to a delta file. Each record will have 20 fields, but only want to do comparison of 1st 15 fields. The 1st field of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sljnk
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk sort based on difference of fields and print all fields

Hi I have a file as below <field1> <field2> <field3> ... <field_num1> <field_num2> Trying to sort based on difference of <field_num1> and <field_num2> in desceding order and print all fields. I tried this and it doesn't sort on the difference field .. Appreciate your help. cat... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: newstart
9 Replies
apertium-gen-stopwords-lextor(1)										  apertium-gen-stopwords-lextor(1)

NAME
apertium-gen-stopwords-lextor - This application is part of ( apertium ) This tool is part of the apertium machine translation architecture: http://apertium.org. SYNOPSIS
apertium-gen-stopwords-lextor n input_file output_file DESCRIPTION
apertium-gen-stopwords-lextor is the application responsible for generating the list of stopwords used by the lexical selection module (apertium-lextor). Stopwords are ignored as they cannot have multiple translations. OPTIONS
n the desired number of stopwords. FILES
These are the kinds of parameters and files used with this tool: input_file contains a large preprocessed corpus (see apertium-preprocess-corpus-lextor). output_file The file which gets the generated stopwords. SEE ALSO
apertium-gen-lextorbil(1), apertium-gen-lextormono(1), apertium-preprocess-corpus-lextor(1), apertium-gen-wlist-lextor(1), aper- tium-gen-wlist-lextor-translation(1), apertium-lextor-eval(1), apertium-lextor(1). BUGS
Lots of...lurking in the dark and waiting for you! AUTHOR
(c) 2005,2006 Universitat d'Alacant / Universidad de Alicante. All rights reserved. 2006-12-12 apertium-gen-stopwords-lextor(1)