Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Weird bootlist output
Operating Systems AIX Weird bootlist output Post 86097 by ravager on Tuesday 11th of October 2005 05:29:34 AM
Old 10-11-2005
Some things you can check

lqueryvg -Atp hdisk0
lqueryvg -AtP -p /dev/hdisk0
lslv -l hd5
also check the ODM
odmget -q "name=hd5" CuAt |pg

I have used this before to fix ODM problems

1. Fix the odm view of the root
========================
if you can run this command it try this prosedure

redefinevg -d hdisk0 rootvg
synclvodm -v rootvg

The first thing you should do is to report the problem to IBM to fix if it is a new BUG.
I never try to go to the new releas of ML on AIX I wait atleast a month or more for other s to find out about the bugs etc...
stay one behind until it looks ok.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

weird echo output?

#!/bin/bash INPUT=$1 if then INPUT=0$1 TRACKNUMBER=$INPUT fi TRACKNUMBER=$INPUT echo "Track Number:" $TRACKNUMBER if then echo "File Does Not Exist!: split-track"${TRACKNUMBER}".wav" exit 0 fi CUEFILE="$2" (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TinCanFury
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

format of output is weird

hi all, have a ksh script which connects to a database and runs a sql and dumps it to a '.csv' file. The problem is the result is in multiple rows with long spaces in between when it should be just a single line and this screws up the format in the '.csv' file. script is : #!/bin/ksh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

weird 'ls' output

Hi, Anyone knows why I can't display the contents of my directory and how to fix this? http://i50.tinypic.com/4smfth.jpg Thanks in advance for any advise. Deanne Double post. Continued here. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deanne
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

In bash getting weird output from function ?

My script- result="" times() { echo "inside the times function" result=8 echo "Inside function $result" return $result } result=$(times) echo "the value is "$? echo "the value of result $result" when I run I get this, why the value still remain 0. $ ./func the value is 0 the value... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: boy18nj
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Traceroute script weird output

This script is giving weird output #!/bin/bash NETPATH=(`/bin/traceroute -n 4.2.2.2 | awk '{print $2}'`) for i in "${NETPATH}" do echo $i done The output: to 11.11.11.1 1.1.1.1 99.111.208.2 traceroute_test.sh traceroute_test.sh (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: thumbs
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ery weird wget/curl output - what should I do?

Hi, I'm trying to write a script to download RedHat's errata digest. It comes in a txt.gz format, and i can get it easily with firefox. HOWEVER: output is VERY strange when donwloading it in a script. It seems I'm getting a file of the same size - but partially text and partly binary! It... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jstilby
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Weird tail output over ssh

Hello; Am trying to correct the formatting of tail output over ssh. Using the following code: echo "" > $FILE for BOX in $SERVERS do echo "Processing on $BOX" |tee -a $FILE echo "===============================" >> $FILE sudo ssh $BOX 'TERMINAL="vt100" /usr/bin/sh -s' <... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: delphys
2 Replies

8. HP-UX

[Solved] Weird 'ls -l' output

Hello folks, I've found an HP-UX server with a rare 'ls -l' output. Please see the attached file. Anybody knows how can I change the output to not have this extra tabulations? Thanks in advance! (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: carpannav
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Weird output from ps command

Hi Guys, I am regular Solaris user. I came across a weird problem that puzzled me. Hope you guys can help. I found that process's state(command & arguments) in two different variants of ps command is different. Can anyone explain how is this possible? bash-3.2$ ps -eLo pid,s,comm,args |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brij123
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep two files: -F flag gives weird output

Hi Members, I'm confused with grep -F option. Goal is to get all the lines from file2 that have exact gene name from gene list (file one). File one has list of genes: File two has lot more information pertinent to genes in file one: I use three following commands: 1) grep -wf gene... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: genome
9 Replies
FIXPS(1)								FSF								  FIXPS(1)

NAME
fixps - sanitize PostScript files SYNOPSIS
fixps [OPTIONS] FILE DESCRIPTION
Try to fix common PostScript problems that break postprocessing. OPTIONS
-h, --help display this help and exit -v, --version display version information and exit -q, --quiet don't print informational messages -o, --output=FILE save result in FILE. If FILE is `-', send to stdout -f, --force force full rewrite by ghostscript -n, --no-fix don't fix the FILE, but still honor `-o' -c, --check, --dry-run don't perform any action Fixes: - Remove junk before and after PostScript content - Use only Unix end of lines ( ) - Remove empty lines - Fix Apple prologue (fix- macps) - Fix FrameMaker prologue (fixfmps) - Fix CorelDraw prologue (fixnt) - Fix Windows NT 3.5/4.0 prologue (fixnt) - Fix Windows 95 prologue - Ensure there is a `%%BeginSetup/%%EndSetup' section - Removes Canvas' extraneaous `%%EndDocument:' comments - Split too long lines If the FILE seems really in a bad state, ghostscript may be used to perform a full rewrite. The output might then be significantly bigger, but much safer. AUTHOR
Written by Akim Demaille. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-a2ps@gnu.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1998-2000 Akim Demaille, Miguel Santana This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
a2ps(1), card(1), fixps(1), pdiff(1), psset(1), texi2dvi4a2ps(1). The full documentation for fixps is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and fixps programs are properly installed at your site, the command info fixps should give you access to the complete manual. fixps 1.6 (GNU a2ps 4.13) February 2000 FIXPS(1)