Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help on processes not associated with a TTY Post 8576 by bluefactory on Monday 15th of October 2001 12:16:56 AM
Old 10-15-2001
Hi rwb1959 ,

Thanks for your reply. I'd appreciate it! ^____^

What do u mean by COTS? Sorry, I am not sure what it stands for.

I've talked to the database administrator who are in charged of the both the Unix and Informix servers. He told me that the "improper disconnections" are mainly caused by closing NetTerms (telnet program used to connect to server) directly without "logoff"

Can we somehow increase the "awareness" of the system to those users who are disconnected?

Quote:
Originally posted by rwb1959
[B]What are the programs that they are running?
Are they in-house developed apps.?
Are they standard COTS?
Are they customized COTS?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

tty

Hi All can anyone tell me what is the meaning of tty,or give me an example of this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: magasem
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Monitoring Processes - Killing hung processes

Is there a way to monitor certain processes and if they hang too long to kill them, but certain scripts which are expected to take a long time to let them go? Thank you Richard (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ukndoit
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Identifying and grouping OS processes and APP processes

Hi Is there an easy way to identify and group currently running processes into OS processes and APP processes. Not all applications are installed as packages. Any free tools or scripts to do this? Many thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wilsonee
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

TTY Insane

Hi All, Long time reader, first time poster. I have a tip session to a v480 serial console running Solaris 9. Look at this mess I'm getting back... connected... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: danny.hudson
16 Replies

5. Linux

Killing the tty

It's happened multiple times and I can't figure out why it's happening or how to undo it, but hitting CTRL-S seems to disable the given TTY on 'nixes of various flavors. Killing the pid doesn't bring the tty back, I end up having to use other tty's until I reboot. Anyone got some information for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thmnetwork
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding the age of a unix process, killing old processes, killing zombie processes

I had issues with processes locking up. This script checks for processes and kills them if they are older than a certain time. Its uses some functions you'll need to define or remove, like slog() which I use for logging, and is_running() which checks if this script is already running so you can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukerman
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

tty changes?

I am not sure if I am using the correct terminology but somehow my tty keeps changing on me. The man pages are confusing to me on what exactly the tty is. This is what I see when I run the tty command. Could anyone explain why my tty keeps changing? ~ $ tty /dev/pts/1 ~ $ tty /dev/pts/0 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What are these different tty processes(tty1,tty2..) running as root mentioned n the list below.

Hi, I need your help to understand about different processes(tty1,tty2,tty3...) running as root as shown below .What exactly these processes do? root@bisu-desktop:~# ps -eaf | grep -e tty -e UID UID PID PPID C STIME TTY TIME CMD root 761 1 0 10:30 tty5 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: crazybisu
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python: Redirecting to tty and reading from tty

In bash, you can do something like this: #!/bin/bash echo -n "What is your name? " > /dev/tty read thename < /dev/tty How can I do the same in python? I have a python script that has the following content: #!/usr/bin/python2.7 import getpass import sys import telnetlib import... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies

10. SCO

Tty port

Is there an easy to see which /dev/tty a printer is on on SCO Unix 3.2.4.2? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: steveo314
1 Replies
MONGO(1)							  Mongo Database							  MONGO(1)

NAME
mongo - the Mongo command-line tool SYNOPSIS
mongo [OPTIONS] [DB_ADDRESS] [FILE+] DESCRIPTION
mongo is a JavaScript shell (with GNU readline capabilities). It supports interactive and non-interactive use. When used interactively, JavaScript can be used to query the database or perform any other function normally available with SpiderMonkey. Database output is dis- played in JSON format. If JavaScript files are specified on the command line, the shell will run non-interactively, running each one in sequence and then exiting. EXAMPLES
mongo start the shell, connecting to the server at localhost:27017 and using the test database mongo foo start the shell using the foo database at localhost:27017 mongo 192.169.0.5/foo start the shell using the foo database at 192.169.0.5:27017 mongo 192.169.0.5:9999/foo start the shell using the foo database at 192.169.0.5:9999 mongo script1.js script2.js script3.js run three scripts and exit OPTIONS
--shell run the shell after executing files --help show usage information --host HOST server to connect to (default HOST=localhost) --port PORT port to connect to (default PORT=27017) --nodb do not connect to mongod --eval SCRIPT evaluate JavaScript -u USERNAME specify user to log in as -pPASSWORD specify password of user (notice there is no space) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2009 10gen SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MongoDB wiki, available at http://www.mongodb.org. AUTHOR
Kristina Chodorow 10gen June 2009 MONGO(1)