Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory ReiserFS vs ext3 vs anything else? Post 85087 by Perderabo on Friday 30th of September 2005 05:45:27 PM
Old 09-30-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmarikle
Namesys has released Reiser4. This is fairly impressive!
Well, with that contribution to our knowledge base I guess we can close the thread now. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Convert filesystem from reiserfs to ext2

Hi, My current linux server's filesystems is reiserfs. Unfortunately I need to enable quota for my users and as far as I know quota won't run on reiserfs. So, can I convert the filesystem types to ext2 from reiserfs without having to re-install my o/s? Or, is there any quota applications... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vancouver_joe
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Anyone else see a performance hit from ext3

I reinstalled my Linux box with RedHat 7.2 and used the ext3 journaling file system. This thing is a pig now. There isn't much running on the box, and performance is sad. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
1 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

ext3 filesystem

what do you think about the ext3 journal filesystem?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: comadreja
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Grub and Reiserfs

Hi all I just installed Fedora Core 3 onto my pc which is running slackware as the 'main' os I have been using LILO as the boot loader for a long time but thought I'd swap to GRUB for a change. Fedora boots fine. I have a seperate /boot partition for my slackware install ......its... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: silvaman
0 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

EXT3 Performance tuning

Hi all, long time ago I posted something, but now, it is needed again :( Currently, I am handling with a big NFS Server for more than 200 clients, this sever has to work with 256 NFSDs. Because of this huge amount of NFSDs, there are thousands of small write accesses down to the disk and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: malcom
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/ext2 and /ext3

Hi all, I was installing linux, so i want to know the basic difference between /ext2 and /ext3 filetype.. what is the significance of using /ext2 and /ext3 pls clarify Thanks Vasikaran (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasikaran
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

root directory with reiserfs??

Today,I have recompile kernel 2.6.24 with reiserfs support with Module on rhel5.then I make following change: 1:change /etc/fstab: /dev/Vg1/lv.root / reiserfs defaults 1 1 and cd /boot/; mkinitrd --with=reiserfs initrd-reiserfs-2.6.24.img. 2.6.24 2:then I use other support... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hshzh359
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mounting fs ext3

I'm trying to find a correct command that will mount a filesystem ext3 the device /dev/sda1 to mount point /mnt/usb but not allow any programs to run from it. I want to be honest as I've read the forum rules... This is a homework question BUT, i'm generally interested in the correct process and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CasperQuiet
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question regarding mkfs ext3

Hi i am looking for some help with a question relating to the creation of the ext3 file system. "Why is it good practice not to have a file system mounted whilst you try to create it?" I have searched google but not had any luck in finding out what the actual dangers are of creating a file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: allan1986
1 Replies

10. Linux

Mount reiserfs .dsk image failed: can't read superblock

I have a failed 160 GB Western Digital Netcenter NAS disk and its image after failing in .DSK format. When I connect the disk to my ubuntu machine and typed: # losetup -o 512006144 /dev/loop1 /dev/sdc # mkdir /tmp/sdc # mount -r -t reiserfs /dev/loop1 /tmp/sdc I get my folders and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalil1408
0 Replies
E2UNDO(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 E2UNDO(8)

NAME
e2undo - Replay an undo log for an ext2/ext3/ext4 filesystem SYNOPSIS
e2undo [ -f ] [ -h ] [ -n ] [ -o offset ] [ -v ] [ -z undo_file ] undo_log device DESCRIPTION
e2undo will replay the undo log undo_log for an ext2/ext3/ext4 filesystem found on device. This can be used to undo a failed operation by an e2fsprogs program. OPTIONS
-f Normally, e2undo will check the filesystem superblock to make sure the undo log matches with the filesystem on the device. If they do not match, e2undo will refuse to apply the undo log as a safety mechanism. The -f option disables this safety mechanism. -h Display a usage message. -n Dry-run; do not actually write blocks back to the filesystem. -o offset Specify the filesystem's offset (in bytes) from the beginning of the device or file. -v Report which block we're currently replaying. -z undo_file Before overwriting a file system block, write the old contents of the block to an undo file. This undo file can be used with e2undo(8) to restore the old contents of the file system should something go wrong. If the empty string is passed as the undo_file argument, the undo file will be written to a file named e2undo-device.e2undo in the directory specified via the E2FSPROGS_UNDO_DIR environment variable. WARNING: The undo file cannot be used to recover from a power or system crash. AUTHOR
e2undo was written by Aneesh Kumar K.V. (aneesh.kumar@linux.vnet.ibm.com) AVAILABILITY
e2undo is part of the e2fsprogs package and is available from http://e2fsprogs.sourceforge.net. SEE ALSO
mke2fs(8), tune2fs(8) E2fsprogs version 1.44.1 March 2018 E2UNDO(8)