Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Find files newer than...
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Find files newer than... Post 85056 by dangral on Friday 30th of September 2005 02:34:51 PM
Old 09-30-2005
you can touch a file with a specific date and then use that file in conjunction with the -newer parameter of find.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with find ! -newer

Hi, I would like to find if a file called test.log is older than 10 min. So i wrote : #!/usr/bin/ksh FICLOG="/home/uuu/result_test.log" FIC="/home/uuu/test.log" touch -t `perl -e 'use POSIX qw(strftime); printf("%s\n",strftime("%m%d%H%M",localtime(time-3600*0.17)));'`... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbfree
3 Replies

2. Solaris

To copy the files newer than specific date

Dear all, Can you help me in copying files newer than speciifc date Thanks in advance, Rajesh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RAJESHKANNA
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find -cmin or fin -newer

I am running SUSE/8 and SUSE/9 on a high end server (4 CPU, 8G RAM etc) I have a huge directory structure with over 4million files in it. I have find the files that are modified (created, modified, renamed etc etc) in the last 10 minutes periodically. I have tried "find -cmin -10" and "find... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xxxyyyy
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy newer files without create

I want the same effect as "cp -u" but without create missing files, it is possible ? ps: bash (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrxrsd
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with find's -newer Flag

I am writing a script that looks in a reports directory, copies a specified script to a working folder, copies some data files into the working folder, runs the report, zips the new files, then uploads them. Right now to determine what files to zip (as I don't know how many report files there... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: droppedonjapan
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to script to find the newer date in a text file?

Hi, I have a text file, foo.txt, it looks something like below. In the file there is a line that gives the date in the form of: Mon Jun 15 11:09:31 2008. I need to find which date is the newest and then store certain details of that list data to another file. So, in this sample text file, I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: boolean2222
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find a file then overwrite with a newer version

This should be a simple script, but can't find one with google search. I just need to find the file that is in many directories, then overwrite that file with a newer version i.e. find file.jar then overwrite with /root/file.jar All I get in searches is substitute text with new test inside... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: haircat
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find files newer than x days

We had an arrant rsync run and started copying over new files from one system to another. Although this is what we will want to do at some point, for now, we want to maintain the system as it was a few days ago. I am looking for a script that will find files that are newer than x days. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leyva62
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls files newer than 6 hours

How do I list al files in a folder with a creation date/time newer than 6 hours? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

find command not searching path when -newer specified

When this command is issued from a directory other than where the file is located it works fine: find /db2/D01/log_archive/ -name "S0002166.LOG" -type f /db2/D01/log_archive/db2d01/D01/NODE0000/C0000000/S0002166.LOG When I change -name to -newer, it doesn't work. Find only searches the current... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fletchdb2
5 Replies
TPCTL(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						  TPCTL(8)

NAME
tpctl -- touch panel calibration utility SYNOPSIS
tpctl [-D dispdevname] [-d devname] [-f filename] [-hnuv] DESCRIPTION
tpctl is a touch panel calibration utility. tpctl calibrates a touch panel and saves and restores the calibration parameters into/from a parameter database file. Available command-line flags are: -D dispdevname Specify display device name. -d devname Specify touch panel device name. -f filename Specify alternate parameter database file name. -h Print brief description. -n Do not change the parameter database file. -u Force calibration. Without this flag, tpctl won't do calibration if the database file already contains parameters for the touch panel. -v Verbose mode. You calibrate the touch panel the first time you run tpctl. If you see a cross cursor on the screen, you should tap the center of the cursor to calibrate the touch panel, or you can abort the calibration with the 'ESC' key. Five cursors will appear on the screen in turn. Once calibration is done, tpctl saves the calibration parameters into the database file and uses the saved parameters to calibrate the touch panel. You can run tpctl automatically with /etc/rc.d/tpctl. FILES
/etc/tpctl.dat The default calibration parameter database file. The -f flag may be used to specify an alternate database file name. tpctl will create an empty database file if it doesn't exist. /dev/ttyE0 The default display device, which is used to display the cursor during calibration. The -D flag may be used to specify an alternate display device name. The display device must provide the 'hpcfb' interface as defined in /usr/include/dev/hpc/hpcfbio.h. /dev/wsmux0 The default touch panel device. The -d flag may be used to specify an alternate touch panel device name. SEE ALSO
rc.conf(5) BUGS
tpctl isn't available on all ports because it requires a display device which provides the 'hpcfb' interface. BSD
August 25, 2002 BSD