Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX How to test directory availibility Post 85025 by santuna on Friday 30th of September 2005 08:40:20 AM
Old 09-30-2005
Thank you very much.
This work perfectly. Smilie Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to test filename is file or directory

hi all plz let me how to test output of "tail -1 filelist.lst" is file or directory. regards -Bali Reddy (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balireddy_77
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

test if there are files in directory

Hi, I am trying to test if there are files in a directory and if theres i want to get a list. Any ideas? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RSAM2007
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

test for directory being subdir of another directory

I've been using the following code to make sure a shell script only runs under a "safe" directory. Comments/Improvements? #!/bin/sh #----------------------------------------------------------------------------# #..........................................................#... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hackware
8 Replies

4. Solaris

test and .test in same directory

i am using solaris 5.10. i can create two different files "test" and ".test" in the same directory. now suppose i want to change the attribute of the hidden file .test to visible is it possible??? since "." is just an attribute to mark a file hidden why is unix allows creation of "file" and... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikashtulsiyan
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem when test to see if directory exists

Hi, I'm writing a shell script that will create a folder if it does not exist yet. Here's the script: (this if statement is inside a while loop) folderName="Pics" if ! test -d folderName then mkdir $folderName fi However, after the folder Pics has been created, every time the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: trivektor
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rm: Unable to remove directory /mnt/users/test/logs/: File exists

rm: Unable to remove directory /mnt/users/test/logs/: File exists ls -latr total 191208 drwxrwxrwx 6 test echo 4096 Jul 3 22:36 .. -rwxrwxrwx 1 test echo 97692804 Jul 3 22:36 .nfsDFA4 drwxrwxr-x 2 test echo 4096 Jul 3 23:00 . M not able to delete... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: solitare123
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

FIle (directory) test operator (bash)

I'm almost pulling out my hair trying to figure out what's wrong with this... there's no reason I can see that it shouldn't be working. It seems that the code acts as though the conditional statement is true no matter what - I've even tried removing the negation operator, but it always goes into... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wildbluefaerie
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test on string containing spacewhile test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = quitC then break fi d

This is the code: while test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = stop then break fi done I read a command on every loop an execute it. I check if the string equals the word stop to end the loop,but it say that I gave too many arguments to test. For example echo hello. Now the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Max89
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnjerome
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test if a script can cd into a directory

Is there a way for a bash script to test if it can cd into a directory without actually attempting to cd into it? I am looking for something along the lines of: if ;then #code to execute fi except in this case I don't want to test if the directory exists; what I want is to test... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dexdex200
8 Replies
xjack(6x)							XScreenSaver manual							 xjack(6x)

NAME
xjack - all work and no play makes jack a dull boy SYNOPSIS
xjack [-display host:display.screen] [-foreground color] [-background color] [-window] [-root] [-delay usecs] [-fps] DESCRIPTION
All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. ENVIRONMENT
DISPLAY All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. XENVIRONMENT All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. SEE ALSO
X(1), xscreensaver(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997 by Jamie Zawinski. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a fnord dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. AUTHOR
Jamie Zawinski <jwz@jwz.org>, 15-Nov-97. X Version 11 5.15 (28-Sep-2011) xjack(6x)