Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Learning to program in c
Top Forums Programming Learning to program in c Post 8460 by Neo on Thursday 11th of October 2001 10:00:45 PM
Old 10-11-2001
The first C program I wrote was a UNIX networking client-server application using sockets. Personally, I think that network programming teaches the true Zen of UNIX and highly recommend it. My first UNIX spiritual guide book: UNIX Network Programming, by Richard Stevens.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

learning on my own

can i do this? i am learning this on my own..and from the book..simple unix i am not sure if the syntax would work if statement then statement do or for or while statement done else statement fi.... I dont know how else to explain that...I hope I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonas27
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Learning to program eBooks and CBTs

Hi Guys, I have recently started a new job at quite a large company. Part of my daily role is to grep for processes, kill them when they're failing and restart them etc. Also editing config files in Vi mode. I have become quite interested in Unix and am currently studying for the Sun Certified... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JayC89
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to open program and send/execute command in program

Hi, i want to write a script that executes a program (exec?) . this program then requires a filename as input. how do i give it this input in the script so the program will be complete run and close by the script. e.g. exec prog.exe program then asks for filename "enter filename:"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tuathan
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Text book / online resource for learning to program at system/kernel level

Is there any book/resource that one can refer to, to be able to write programs at kernel/system level.. I'm looking for a programming book that could serve as a guide to write kernel codes / system level programming etc.. I have Tannenbaum's Design and Implementation. It addresses theoretical... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishwamitra
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Learning Scripting

Hi All, I am facing an issue. I need your advise. I want to take my unix skills to the next level. I want to verse in scripting now. I got some understanding of programming. I did a little bit of C++, Assembly in College. I got some basics in perl. I am wondering if It would be best to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Learning Perl

Folks! Anyone please explain the behavior of this program step by step. Thanks. #! /usr/bin/perl $testfile = "./testfile2"; for ( $i = 1, $i <= 5, $i++) { open ($FILE, ">", $testfile); print ($FILE "Output 1 \n"); close ($FILE); } print "The value of (4 * 2) / 2 is "; print (4 * 2)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: huko99
1 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Calling compiled C program with Perl program

Long story short: I'm working inside of a Unix SSH under a bash shell. I have to code a C program that generates a random number. Then I have to call the compiled C program with a Perl program to run the C program 20 times and put all the generated random #s into a text file, then print that text... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jdkirby
1 Replies

8. AIX

Learning AIX from zero.

Dear Sirs: Good afternoon, my name is Javier. I´m new to Unix and I am working as a Linux Server admin in an ISP from Argentina. I´m want to in learn AIX, and find interesting information about it on some IBM Redbooks. I would like to know if is there any possibility to Virtualize an AIX... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: xavinux
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl program get a response before the program quits

I created a program, so a kid can practice there math on it. It dispenses varies math problems and the kid must input an answer. I also want it to grade the work they have done, but I can't find the best place for it to print out the grade. I have: if ( $response =~ m/^/ ) { $user_wants_to_quit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: germany1517
1 Replies
ERIC4_API(1)						      General Commands Manual						      ERIC4_API(1)

NAME
eric4_api - eric4 API generator SYNOPSIS
eric4_api [options] files... where files can be be either Python modules, package directories or ordinary directories. DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the eric4_api command. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. eric4_api scans Python source code to generate API descriptions files which are used to as tooltips and autocompletion suggestions by the QScintilla editor widget in eric4. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, see the Info files. -b name or --base name Use the given name as the name of the base package. -h or --help Show this help and exit. -o filename or --output=filename Write the API information to the named file. A '%L' placeholder is replaced by the language of the API file (see --language). --oldstyle Generate API files for QScintilla prior to 1.7. -p or --private Include private methods and functions. -R, -r or --recursive Perform a recursive search for Python files. -t ext or --extension = ext Add the given extension to the list of file extensions. This option may be given multiple times. -V or --version Show version information and exit. -x directory or --exclude=directory Specify a directory basename to be excluded. This option may be repeated multiple times. --exclude-file=pattern Specify a filename pattern of files to be excluded. This option may be repeated multiple times. -l language or --language=language Generate an API file for the given programming language. Supported programming languages are: * Python * Python3 * Ruby The default is 'Python'. This option may be repeated multiple times. SEE ALSO
eric4(1), eric4_compare(1), eric4_configure(1), eric4_diff(1), eric4_doc(1), eric4_editor(1), eric4_helpviewer(1), eric4_iconeditor(1), eric4_plugininstall(1), eric4_pluginrepository(1), eric4_pluginuninstall(1), eric4_qregexp(1), eric4_re(1), eric4_sqlbrowser(1), eric4_tray(1), eric4_trpreviewer(1), eric4_uipreviewer(1), eric4_unittest(1), eric4_webbrowser(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Torsten Marek <shlomme@gmx.net>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). January 31, 2010 ERIC4_API(1)