Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users What is "incompatible protocol version" Post 84441 by Perderabo on Sunday 25th of September 2005 12:26:12 AM
Old 09-25-2005
Please read our rules and note:
(4) Do not 'bump up' questions if they are not answered promptly. No duplicate or cross-posting and do not report a post where your goal is to get an answer more quickly.

Also the forum "Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators" is intended for people who are having trouble with the site. Don't post unix questions there. I will close the duplicate thread you opened in that forum.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. AIX

"pconsole" and "esaadmin" on AIX version 6

Anyone know what is the function of user "pconsole" and "esaadmin" on AIX version 6? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ebab3
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat $como_file | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g'

hi All, cat file_name | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g' Can this be done by using sed or awk alone (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: harshakusam
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to remove a string

logs: "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to get the following result: abc abc xyz xyz xyz (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmywong
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is the significance of sh -s in ssh -qtt ${user}@${host} "sh -s "${version}"" < test.sh?

Please can you help me understand the significance of providing arguments under sh -s in > ssh -qtt ${user}@${host} "sh -s "${version}"" < test.sh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sree10
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
CMPDYLIB(1)						      General Commands Manual						       CMPDYLIB(1)

NAME
cmpdylib - compare two dynamic shared libraries for compatibility SYNOPSIS
cmpdylib oldLibrary newLibrary DESCRIPTION
cmpdylib compares two versions of a dynamic shared library to see if they are compatible with each other. If the two versions are incompat- ible, the reason is printed to stdout, and the exit status is nonzero. If they are compatible, nothing is printed, and the exit status is zero. To see if the two versions are compatible, cmpdylib first verifies that newLibrary was built for all of the architectures that oldLibrary was built for. If so, for each architecture, it checks to see if the global symbols defined in oldLibrary are still defined in newLibrary. It then looks for new symbols, symbols defined in newLibrary that are not defined in oldLibrary. If it finds new symbols, it compares the compatibility version numbers of the two libraries. If the compatibility version number of newLibrary is greater than oldLibrary, the libraries are still compatible. If the compatibility version number is the same or less, the libraries are incompatible. OPTIONS
oldLibrary The older version of the library. newLibrary The newer version of the library. EXAMPLES
This example shows the result of performing cmpdylib on two incompatible versions of the Foundation library. As stated, the versions are incompatible because the newer version was not built for the ppc architecture. cmpdylib /System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Foundation Foundation_proj/Foundation cmpdylib: file: Foundation_proj/Foundation does not contain architecture: ppc cmpdylib: new dynamic shared library: Foundation_proj/Foundation does not contain architecture ppc DIAGNOSTICS
The exit status is zero if the library versions are compatible and nonzero if they are incompatible. BUGS
There are lots of other things that could be checked for that are not (such as the Objective C API). Apple Computer, Inc. November 3, 1997 CMPDYLIB(1)