Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Windows user help......
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Windows user help...... Post 8438 by Neo on Thursday 11th of October 2001 11:57:22 AM
Old 10-11-2001
[list=1][*]Purchase Linux distribution on CDROM with good install documents (Redhat, Mandrake, SuSe, Slackware....)[*]Completely read all directions in the install documentation.[*]Make sure your hardware is compatible with Linux[*]Follow install instructions and install!![/list=1]

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help Me!!!! Im Just A Dumb Windows User

Networking on the MAC is so hard...I hope some can help... I need to know how to write a UNIX script that will autostart when OS X boots, and that executes this line: route add -net 10.10.10.0 10.10.11.10 255.255.255.0 PLEASE HELP ME WILL (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbeard6142
4 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to find windows user without any password

How to find windows users without any password.. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RPG
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A comparison of the multi-user facilities in Unix and Microsoft Windows.

hi guys just give me some information about multi user facilities that unix offer in cmparison to windows. Thanx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nadman123
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User ID syntax to FTP to Windows

Hello, I have searched the forums and may not be putting in the right keywords, but hopefully someone will be kind enough to help... It's been awhile since I've ftp'd to a Windows server, but no matter how I try to connect, it will not let me, although I have no issues setting up a connection... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tekster757
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Windows 2003 use Samba user database

Hi, I have been looking for information on how to make a Windows 2003 server use the user database of an existing Samba installation. What I want is to use the Win3K as a (second) file server allowing users (using Win2K & Win XP computers) to access its shares using their existing user... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcd
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Windows user: New to unix

Hi, I have been using Windows until now and I would like to learn unix now. How do I start. I dont have UNIX account, can I still work on Windows and learn UNIX? Where do I start once I have access to UNIX shell? Please help me. riaz (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruuddin
3 Replies

7. HP-UX

user can't write on cifs share but OK with Windows Explorer

Share ServerA ==== The Samba server is running on Samba version 3.0.22 based HP CIFS Server A.02.03.04 /opt/cifsclient/sbin/cifsclientd version: HP CIFS Client - Version A.02.02.02 smb file: My previous casw was thew user wasn't able to write to the share from Windows... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lamoul
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mounting a standard user, windows share at login

I know how to mount my share via /etc/fstab automatically when the system boots but since I do not have root permission to access the /etc/fstab nor do I think that the system admin wants me to add an entry in /etc/fstab all together. So what file could I add my mount entry in? mount -t cifs... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logged in windows user name

Hi All, We use putty to connect to a unix box. We want to identify the folks involved in running certain shell scripts on the server. I want to identify the windows user id of those folks who have logged through Putty to run the scripts.As unix-id is shared by more than two folks, tracking... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdkareemuddin
3 Replies
TINYMUX-INSTALL(1)					      General Commands Manual						TINYMUX-INSTALL(1)

NAME
tinymux-install - installer for the tinymux flavor mush server SYNOPSIS
tinymux-install [OPTION] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the tinymux-install command. It was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. tinymux-install is a program that installs the tinymux server in the user directory from which it is ran. It provides all necessary data and configuration files for each user account it is setup for, as well as the restart script needed to initiate an instance of the tinymux server process. tinymux-install itself should only be run once per user to install the necessary files and links. All updating of the tinymux server should be done on a global level by the system administrator. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. -h, --help display this help and exit -v, --version output version information and exit AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Ervin Hearn III <noltar@korongil.net>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). SEE ALSO
tinymux(6) October 25, 2004 TINYMUX-INSTALL(1)