Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking cofiguring cable modem in red hat 7.1 Post 8397 by solvman on Wednesday 10th of October 2001 11:05:10 PM
Old 10-11-2001
sorry i miss a word. should be:

#pump -i (here goes your net interface)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

unix and the cable modem

If the cable modem that the cable company is using doesn't support unix is there a way around that . Are there drivers I can get online or is there a way to configure redhat lenix (that's what I will be using) to work with the cable modem. Or is there a way to buy a third party cable modem that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gparsons70
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux and my cable modem

I recently installed Caldera 2.4 (successfully:p ), but I cannot seem to get my cable modem up and running! My ISP is AT&T and I'm using @home. I've tried using DHCP and that didn't work either. I briefly read the cable modem HOWTO, but the lsmod didn't list my network card (3COM). What do I do now? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zorro
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can't get my cable modem up

Caldera eDesktop 2.4 - Cable Modem my NIC card has been detected, but funny scenario: #dmesg eth0: RealTek rtl8139 Fast Ethernet at 0x2400, IRQ 0, 00:50:ba:43:a0:ef /*I noticed that it detected the correct module (rtl8139) but I'm using D-Link and not RealTek, which uses the same module.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zorro
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is anyone using unix with cable modem

Is anyone using a cable modem with unix and if so does your cable co. support unix or did you get that going on your own and how. Thank you for all your help. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gparsons70
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please Help Me With This Linux Red Hat 7.2 Modem Problem

I cant get my modem to work. Linux just isn't recognizing it. every time I typed wvdial, i get a message saying my modem is not responding I tried looking for drivers at the website Neo directed me to but I just couldn't find the right one from the information I was given about my modem... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
2 Replies

6. IP Networking

DHCP Linux and cable modem

I can do all this in windows, but Im trying to run the SuSe 8.0 professional as a gateway. I have the local (private) LAN setup with no problems, but Im having troubles getting it to use DHCP to go out on the external card to the service provider, which only uses Dynamic IP's. WHere, what and how... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ftn96
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cable modem to sparc

hi , i have sparc machine , i want to connect my le0 (ethernet interface) directly to cable modem , i have created a file resolv.conf,hosts, dhcp.le0,defaultrouter,nisswitch,hostname.le0. i dont know my cable companies <domain name> and <name server assigned to me> , also they even dont know how... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: raju
5 Replies

8. BSD

cable modem problem

hi I want to setup my cable modem under OpenBSD. I did not configure my network while installing the system. When I type, I get # ifconfig -a lo0 : .... ... ... rl0 : .... ... ... vr0 : ... ... ... I have two network cards (the machine will be a router). I created... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fnoyan
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Is the cable you are using a null modem cable or a modem cable

Hi all, Is there any difference between a null modem cable or a modem cable ? i assume that a null modem cable is a normal cable that i used from cpu serial ports to a modem for dialup. please correct if i am wrong, thks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: waterbear
2 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

Cannot access UNIX.com with new cable modem

Hi. I have a very strange problem, so strange I don't even know which sub-forum to post it to. Last week, my cable modem broke, so I took it back and got a new one. The new one doesn't work with my old router so, for now, I have to connect the modem directly to my Mac with an ethernet... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scott
14 Replies
STRUCT 
SPI_MASTER(9) Serial Peripheral Interface (S STRUCT SPI_MASTER(9) NAME
struct_spi_master - interface to SPI master controller SYNOPSIS
struct spi_master { struct device dev; struct list_head list; s16 bus_num; u16 num_chipselect; u16 dma_alignment; u16 mode_bits; u32 bits_per_word_mask; u16 flags; #define SPI_MASTER_HALF_DUPLEX BIT(0) #define SPI_MASTER_NO_RX BIT(1) #define SPI_MASTER_NO_TX BIT(2) spinlock_t bus_lock_spinlock; struct mutex bus_lock_mutex; bool bus_lock_flag; int (* setup) (struct spi_device *spi); int (* transfer) (struct spi_device *spi,struct spi_message *mesg); void (* cleanup) (struct spi_device *spi); bool queued; struct kthread_worker kworker; struct task_struct * kworker_task; struct kthread_work pump_messages; spinlock_t queue_lock; struct list_head queue; struct spi_message * cur_msg; bool busy; bool running; bool rt; int (* prepare_transfer_hardware) (struct spi_master *master); int (* transfer_one_message) (struct spi_master *master,struct spi_message *mesg); int (* unprepare_transfer_hardware) (struct spi_master *master); int * cs_gpios; }; MEMBERS
dev device interface to this driver list link with the global spi_master list bus_num board-specific (and often SOC-specific) identifier for a given SPI controller. num_chipselect chipselects are used to distinguish individual SPI slaves, and are numbered from zero to num_chipselects. each slave has a chipselect signal, but it's common that not every chipselect is connected to a slave. dma_alignment SPI controller constraint on DMA buffers alignment. mode_bits flags understood by this controller driver bits_per_word_mask A mask indicating which values of bits_per_word are supported by the driver. Bit n indicates that a bits_per_word n+1 is suported. If set, the SPI core will reject any transfer with an unsupported bits_per_word. If not set, this value is simply ignored, and it's up to the individual driver to perform any validation. flags other constraints relevant to this driver bus_lock_spinlock spinlock for SPI bus locking bus_lock_mutex mutex for SPI bus locking bus_lock_flag indicates that the SPI bus is locked for exclusive use setup updates the device mode and clocking records used by a device's SPI controller; protocol code may call this. This must fail if an unrecognized or unsupported mode is requested. It's always safe to call this unless transfers are pending on the device whose settings are being modified. transfer adds a message to the controller's transfer queue. cleanup frees controller-specific state queued whether this master is providing an internal message queue kworker thread struct for message pump kworker_task pointer to task for message pump kworker thread pump_messages work struct for scheduling work to the message pump queue_lock spinlock to syncronise access to message queue queue message queue cur_msg the currently in-flight message busy message pump is busy running message pump is running rt whether this queue is set to run as a realtime task prepare_transfer_hardware a message will soon arrive from the queue so the subsystem requests the driver to prepare the transfer hardware by issuing this call transfer_one_message the subsystem calls the driver to transfer a single message while queuing transfers that arrive in the meantime. When the driver is finished with this message, it must call spi_finalize_current_message so the subsystem can issue the next transfer unprepare_transfer_hardware there are currently no more messages on the queue so the subsystem notifies the driver that it may relax the hardware by issuing this call cs_gpios Array of GPIOs to use as chip select lines; one per CS number. Any individual value may be -ENOENT for CS lines that are not GPIOs (driven by the SPI controller itself). DESCRIPTION
Each SPI master controller can communicate with one or more spi_device children. These make a small bus, sharing MOSI, MISO and SCK signals but not chip select signals. Each device may be configured to use a different clock rate, since those shared signals are ignored unless the chip is selected. The driver for an SPI controller manages access to those devices through a queue of spi_message transactions, copying data between CPU memory and an SPI slave device. For each such message it queues, it calls the message's completion function when the transaction completes. COPYRIGHT
Kernel Hackers Manual 3.10 June 2014 STRUCT SPI_MASTER(9)