Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Displaying files
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Displaying files Post 83215 by giridher2000 on Monday 12th of September 2005 11:50:52 PM
Old 09-13-2005
Displaying files

I am beginner to UNIX.
I wanted to display 5 filesname with size from BIN directory. The order of display should be descending order in size.

Can help me.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Displaying files in a directory

Dear Experts, I am new to UNIX and I have a script below and in this test case I am reading the names of the files in the present directory into a variable and then looping through each file name and displaying the name back to the screen. The problem I have is although there are 5 files in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: markjohnlowe
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying a list of files

Given a set of log files like trail.<timestamp> that are generated hourly, how do I get the list of files created for the current date, using shell script? Can anyone please help me?the format of the trace file is trail.YYYYMMDDhh I also need to know how I can "grep" for a particular word in these... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing log files, displaying logs between specific dates

Sorry, couldn't really think of a simple subject/title. So, I have a log file, and the dates are displayed like so: 2009-03-05 02:49:44 So the first and second field are the date/time. I can change them into a unix timestamp easily with: date -d "2009-03-05 02:49:44" +%s However,... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rhije
17 Replies

4. AIX

Russian fonts not displaying in AIX PDF files

Hi, We have an issue with russian cyrillic fonts that are not displayed correctly in pdf when application works in AIX . The same russian fonts are displayed properly in windows machine. There are spaces between russian characters and also cyrillic fonts are overlapping in AIX... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jinto
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying difference of 2 files

Hi All, Got this 2 file namely a.txt and b.txt, i want to know how to extract the difference between the two files, the output will be written to a file. e.g. >>a.txt<< Nokia 1100 Nokia 1200 Nokia 1300 Nokia 1400 Nokia 1500 Nokia 1600 Nokia 1700 Nokia 1701 Nokia 1702 Sagem 1100... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shtobias
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying list of backup files using for loop

Hi, I want to display list of last 10 backup files (with numbering) from the temporary file c:/tmp/tmp_list_bkp.txt Example : 1) backup_file1 2) backup_file2 3) backup_file3 ........ ........ I tried as below but not working. for file in c:/tmp/tmp_list_bkp.txt do echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: milink
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying Files Problem

To match all filename comprising at least three characters not beginning with a dot (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: polineni
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying Files Problem

To match all filename comprising at least three characters the first character is numeric and the last character is not alphabetic (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: polineni
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Comparing to two files and displaying the differences

Hi, I'm new to perl and i have to write a perl script that will compare to log/txt files and display the differences. Unfortunately I'm not allowed to use any complied binaries or applications like diff or comm. So far i've across a code like this: use strict; use warnings; my $list1;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dont_be_hasty
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing fields of two files and displaying results

Hello , I am trying to compare two files i.e one master file and the other exclusion file. If the second field of masterfile is oracle8 then I need to compare the 3rd field of master file with the 1st field of all the rows of exclusion file else I need to compare 2nd field from master file with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
2 Replies
pagesize(1)							   User Commands						       pagesize(1)

NAME
pagesize - display the size or sizes of a page of memory SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/pagesize [-a] DESCRIPTION
The pagesize utility prints the default size of a page of memory in bytes, as returned by getpagesize(3C). This program is useful in con- structing portable shell scripts. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -a Prints out all possible hardware address translation sizes supported by the system. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ppgsz(1), getpagesize(3C), getpagesizes(3C), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 4 May 2001 pagesize(1)