Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Lost Data Lost Admin
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Lost Data Lost Admin Post 82893 by rhfrommn on Wednesday 7th of September 2005 12:49:45 PM
Old 09-07-2005
The utility that creates those metadevices is called "Solaris Disk Suite". I know very little about it (almost all boxes I admin use Veritas instead of SDS for disk management), but it is a common tool. I'm sure you could find lots of information about it at docs.sun.com.

For example, here is the guide for the latest version:
http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/805...aris+disksuite

You may need to check a different doc, but there are tons there so you should be able to find the one for the version of SDS on your system.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

corrupt or lost data

Thank you livin Free for all your help. We removed a lot of spool files and report files. Which should have freed up some space. But now I think a major problem we have is we have lost or corrupt files which are preventing us from coming up correctly. Can we load or can you copy us a directory... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NOT A CLUE
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

recover lost data

I did a rm -r command on a directory. I would like to know if there is any way I can recover the data that was lost during this operation. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkappaz
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

lost data

Hi, Instead of using the tar xvf ...I used tar cvf <device file> for a DLT and the whole of the 50GB data was lost in less than 10sec....The data was not over written for sure. but when i use a tar tvf there is nothing inside. Can i get back the data by any means. If not y. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: i2admin
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lost or deleted data in Unix?

Quote: "Until the space is used for another file, it is not deleted and the data can be recovered (although it may require jumping through hoops)." Unquote I know this is true in the Windows world, but I didn't think it was true of Unix. I had always been told once it was deleted in Unix, it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wmosley2
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

Lost both Unix Admin's ....need help

Hi all, I know nothing about unix. Both of our unix guys left for greener pastures. I have been given the task of tring to get 10,000 accounts on a hp ux system into active directory. The accounts don't need to be moved, but they need to be in active directory for a couple of applications. Even if... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bob D
0 Replies

6. HP-UX

Need HPUX admin commands lost

Hi All Please somebody send me list of admin commands used for HPUX. Thanks Sunanda (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunanda
2 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Lost Domain Admin Privileges in Samba

Hello, I have apparently lost all domain admin privledges in Samba. I have had several problems ever since I installed the 1/31 Solaris patch cluster. I had to roll out one Samba update (146363-01), which denied all logons network access. However, this particular problem seems to have begun... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stringman
0 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

Need some help with lost data on external drive

Hi all, I would really appreciate some assistance with some lost data on external drive. The external is a Seagate Goflex 3TB drive, Desktop hard drive | External Desktop hard drives | FreeAgent | GoFlex Desk | Seagate The purpose of the drive is to do time machine backups to it from my mac.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: brianjb
7 Replies
E2UNDO(8)                                                     System Manager's Manual                                                    E2UNDO(8)

NAME
e2undo - Replay an undo log for an ext2/ext3/ext4 filesystem SYNOPSIS
e2undo [ -f ] [ -h ] [ -n ] [ -o offset ] [ -v ] [ -z undo_file ] undo_log device DESCRIPTION
e2undo will replay the undo log undo_log for an ext2/ext3/ext4 filesystem found on device. This can be used to undo a failed operation by an e2fsprogs program. OPTIONS
-f Normally, e2undo will check the filesystem superblock to make sure the undo log matches with the filesystem on the device. If they do not match, e2undo will refuse to apply the undo log as a safety mechanism. The -f option disables this safety mechanism. -h Display a usage message. -n Dry-run; do not actually write blocks back to the filesystem. -o offset Specify the filesystem's offset (in bytes) from the beginning of the device or file. -v Report which block we're currently replaying. -z undo_file Before overwriting a file system block, write the old contents of the block to an undo file. This undo file can be used with e2undo(8) to restore the old contents of the file system should something go wrong. If the empty string is passed as the undo_file argument, the undo file will be written to a file named e2undo-device.e2undo in the directory specified via the E2FSPROGS_UNDO_DIR environment variable. WARNING: The undo file cannot be used to recover from a power or system crash. AUTHOR
e2undo was written by Aneesh Kumar K.V. (aneesh.kumar@linux.vnet.ibm.com) AVAILABILITY
e2undo is part of the e2fsprogs package and is available from http://e2fsprogs.sourceforge.net. SEE ALSO
mke2fs(8), tune2fs(8) E2fsprogs version 1.44.1 March 2018 E2UNDO(8)