Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: solaris filesystem
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers solaris filesystem Post 8271 by sbaloo on Tuesday 9th of October 2001 09:31:31 AM
Old 10-09-2001
solaris filesystem

Dear all
can we create more than one file system in single slice?
I am using solaris 8 ultra spark machine.

regards
S.Balu.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Filesystem for Linux - Solaris

Do you know how I can find detailed information on filesystems on Linux and Solaris. And I mean not only for the OS but and how it(the OS) uses the hard drives! Thank you in advance!! Solid Snake;) ;) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SolidSnake
3 Replies

2. Solaris

What is the command to increase filesystem on solaris

I wanted to know what is the process or command to increase a filesystem on solaris. For example the /tmp directory. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: strikelit
3 Replies

3. Solaris

[help] filesystem error on solaris 10

Hi All, please help me about filesystem error on sun fire 245 sparc solaris 10, i have installed solaris 10 os on sun fire 245 and done with mirroring disk. but after reboot the server i having this error below shown by system : checking ufs filesystems /dev/md/rdsk/d60: is logging.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bucci
4 Replies

4. Solaris

filesystem in solaris 8

Hi All, Can someone give me some info regarding where's the mount point or slice of /var. It's not in /etc/vfstab. I only find it in: bash-2.03# cat /etc/mnttab | grep var swap /var/run tmpfs dev=1 1215228103 How do I increase the size of it? Thanks in advance for any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
3 Replies

5. Solaris

The filesystem is still full - Solaris 10!

Good morning, sir! I've a problem with FileSystem, the problem is FileSystem is full First time, I've already read carefully the sticky thread FileSystem full - What to lock for https://www.unix.com/sun-solaris/25840-filesystem-full-what-look.html And then, I will post some information of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: trantuananh24hg
4 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

mounting filesystem twice on Solaris

Hello, In a shared storage environment is their anything to stop being able to mount the same filesystem on two hosts by accident, a flag being set or something on the storage? If it did happen would one of the hosts panic? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Actuator
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

resize a filesystem in solaris 10

i am facing a problem, i would like to resize a file system called /pcard04 i am not useing any voulme manager and we have a NETAPP center storge. what i did is root@cms-dev # df -h | grep /pcard04 /dev/dsk/c4t60A9800043346C35636F2D6D4F354743d0s0 5.2G 4.0G 1.0G 80% /pcard04 then... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: q8devilish
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Need on Veritas filesystem, solaris

Hello Folks, Was wondering if you can help me make the following disk back online, Disk_22 auto - - error I am using Solaris 9 and veritas version 4. Anep (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaapar
6 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris Filesystem

Hi, Is there a command that list the unmounted filesystems ? Thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anwesh
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris Filesystem vs. Windows FileSystem

Hi guys! Could you tell me what's the difference of filesystem of Solaris to filesystem of Windows? I need to compare both. I have read some over the net but it's so much technical. Could you explain it in a more simpler term? I am new to Solaris. Hope you help me guys. Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arah
4 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)