Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problem in Running Script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem in Running Script Post 82369 by shihabvk on Wednesday 31st of August 2005 09:29:29 AM
Old 08-31-2005
Hi Sam,
It seems you are using old version of Unix which is not supporting this - I am not sure
your can rewrite the statment strlen=${#str} with strlen=`expr length $str`. This may work.

By the way which unix flavour you are using and the version?

Shihab

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Problem running script remotelly.

Hi, i would like a help with this problem. i have the following situation: 4 workstations SUNs: SunOS porsche 5.8 Generic_117350-18 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-100 SunOS jaguar 5.8 Generic_108528-18 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-100 SunOS mercedes 5.8 Generic_117350-18 sun4u sparc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dougpss
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem running script

hey, i'm trying to run several processes due 2 loops : the code is: cd ${TIBCO_HOME}/tra/domain/${DOMAIN}/application/ for app_name in ls * do echo $app_name if && && ; then exit else echo $app_name cd $app_name pwd for ps_name in ls *.sh do echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ohadr
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with running the remote script

Hi All, I am running a script which is present on remote machine using ssh command. the remote script is failing when try to load a property file. It says file does not exist. Any idea what should be the problem for this. Thanks Supriya. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: supriyabv
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

running perl script problem

While executing perl scriptit gives some compling issue, please help out $inputFilename="c:\allways.pl"; open (FILEH,$inputFilename) or die "Could not open log file"; Error : Could not open log file at c:\allways.pl line 4 learner in Perl (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: allways4u21
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

K script not running / syntax problem

Hi, I have following K script, that is in rc0.d directory to be run on shutdown. It's linked using the 'ln' command to init.d.Can anyone tell me as to why it's not running, or if i have incorrect syntax?I get: "test: argument expected type=uname -p + " When running it with sh -x ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: darrlaw
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in running a shell script

Hi, I'm trying to run a simple shell script whose contents are pasted below. #!/usr/bin/ksh echo $PATH performbuild { echo "Inside performBuild function" } echo "Main Shell started" performbuild echo "Main Shell ended" DV> ls -ltr total 48 -rwxr-xr-x 1 pb5377 it-ibm ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: blp_18
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with crontab running a script

I am trying to use the CRON utility in Fedora 11 & CentOS... I intend to run a script which pops up a warning message every hour and i made the following entry using "CRONTAB -e " * * * * * sh /bin/myscript.sh But this does not seem to be running. Another thing to note is that,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vabiosis
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem running a program/script in the background from a script

Hi all, I have a script that calls another program/script, xxx, to run in the background. Supposedly this program at most should finish within five (5) minutes so after five (5) minutes, I run some other steps to run the script into completion. My problem is sometimes the program takes... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
5 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Problem with running Ghost Script

I have getting problem with running gs on a non global zone. This is new zone. Seems something to do with library, but I am not getting correct pointer. -bash-3.00$ which gs /usr/local/bin/gs -bash-3.00$ gs ld.so.1: gs: fatal: libcairo.so.2: open failed: No such file or directory Killed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem on running a script

Hi all, Running follow command on terminal; $ glance -T cloudlive -I ubuntu -K ubuntu123 -N \ http://127.0.0.1:5000/v2.0/OpenX add name="cirros" is_public=true \ container_format=ovf disk_format=raw < \ /srv/cirros-0.3.0-x86_64-disk.img It works without problem. Putting it on a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: satimis
5 Replies
COLORGCCRC(5)							File Formats Manual						     COLORGCCRC(5)

NAME
colorgccrc - configuration file for colorgcc DESCRIPTION
A colorgccrc configuration file is used to configure the highlighting of the compiler output from colorgcc. SYNTAX
Each line consists of a keyword designating a configuration variable. The keyword is followed by `:' and then one or several values (depending on the keyword). Lines beginning with a hash mark `#' are comments. CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
g++ | gcc | c++ | cc | g77 | gcj | gnat | gpc Specifies the paths to the compilers. Takes one value; a path to the compiler. nocolor Specifies what terminal types colorization should be disabled on. Takes one or several values, separated by whitespace. srcColor Specifies the highlighting attributes source-code should be given. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. introColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for normal compiler output. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. warningFileNameColor | errorFileNameColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for the filename in a warning or an error, respectively. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. warningNumberColor | errorNumberColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for the line-number in a warning or an error, respectively. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. warningMessageColor | errorMessageColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for the message-text in a warning or an error, respectively. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. COLOR ATTRIBUTES
The following attributes are valid for highlighting. clear, reset bold, underline, underscore, blink, reverse, concealed black, red, green, yellow, blue, magenta, cyan, white on_black, on_red, on_green, on_yellow, on_blue, on_magenta, on_cyan, on_white SEE ALSO
gcc(1), colorgcc(1) HISTORY
Jan 15 2003: Initial version of this manual-page. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <jmoyers@geeks.com> AUTHORS
Jamie Moyers <jmoyers@geeks.com> is the author of colorgcc. This manual page was written by Joe Wreschnig <piman@sacredchao.net>, and modified by David Weinehall <tao@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003 Jamie Moyers This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Jan 15, 2003 COLORGCCRC(5)