Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Samba Slow ?
Special Forums IP Networking Samba Slow ? Post 8236 by Neo on Monday 8th of October 2001 08:06:57 PM
Old 10-08-2001
How about other network application protocols between the two platforms such as FTP and telnet ? How is the connection speed for these applications?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Slow

The site has gone slow for quite some time... Can you do somethin abt it (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DPAI
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ls -l over NFS slow

I have an HP-UX server with a Network Appliance Filer attached over Gigabit Ethernet. I am noticing very slow response time when using "ls -l" on one directory on one of the several NFS mounted filesystems. The "ls" command by itself does not seem to be a problem. Typically I get a response within... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: keelba
3 Replies

3. SCO

Slow cd response

Hi All We have one SCO Server here and it never gives us any trouble. Until Now!! Well its not earth shattering but we have one user who is complaining of a very slow response time when changing to his Home Directory. Other users who have similar profiles are OK. I have su'd to this user and I can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JohnOB
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut too slow

Hi I am using a cut command in the script which is slowing down the performance of the script .can anyone suggest the other ways of doing the same cut command Record_Type=`echo "$line" | cut -c19-20` *******this is slowing down********* i have 4 more cut commands 2 in one loop and 2 in inner... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pukars4u
3 Replies

5. IP Networking

Samba Slow to Connect Xp to Solaris

Hi everyone, I posted this on the Solaris forums but so far no one has been able to help... I'm new to solaris and I've installed 10, update 5. I've configured samba (very badly I believe) so that I can access my solaris box from my XP 64 computer. Both are on a local network (connected via... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ciscocbee
1 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

e-mail is slow

The problem is between 2:00 and 5:00 PM. The email (procmail) proccess load up big time. If I do a prstat at 8:00 AM I have about 100 proccess and 30 mails in mailq. Now at 3:50 PM, I have over 1000 proccess from prstat and 600 e-mail in mailq. Some mail takes 2 hours to get out or in. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: photon
1 Replies

7. AIX

SLOW mksysb

Hello. I am running AIX 5.2 on a 9131-52A I am trying to run a mksysb. I ran one on a similar 9131 and it did not take long at all. But this one is taking forever. My output is as follows: ********************************************************* AIX:/ # mksysb -i /dev/rmt0 Creating... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhenryj
2 Replies

8. Solaris

samba issue: one samba share without password prompting and the others with.

Hi All, I've been trying to configure samba on Solaris 10 to allow me to have one share that is open and writable to all users and have the rest of my shares password protected by a generic account. If I set my security to user, my secured shares work just fine and prompt accordingly, but when... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ideal2545
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

VM becomes slow every 3-4 days

Hi, I have RHEL 6.1 on VM, where Big data is installed. Every 3-4 days, its web interface become very slow and I had to reboot this VM. I was checking with "top" and that shows that free memory is less. Can this be a reason for slowness ? No big load on CPU. # free -m total ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
6 Replies
TDBBACKUP(8)                                                System Administration tools                                               TDBBACKUP(8)

NAME
tdbbackup - tool for backing up and for validating the integrity of samba .tdb files SYNOPSIS
tdbbackup [-s suffix] [-v] [-h] DESCRIPTION
This tool is part of the samba(1) suite. tdbbackup is a tool that may be used to backup samba .tdb files. This tool may also be used to verify the integrity of the .tdb files prior to samba startup or during normal operation. If it finds file damage and it finds a prior backup the backup file will be restored. OPTIONS
-h Get help information. -s suffix The -s option allows the adminisistrator to specify a file backup extension. This way it is possible to keep a history of tdb backup files by using a new suffix for each backup. -v The -v will check the database for damages (currupt data) which if detected causes the backup to be restored. COMMANDS
GENERAL INFORMATION The tdbbackup utility can safely be run at any time. It was designed so that it can be used at any time to validate the integrity of tdb files, even during Samba operation. Typical usage for the command will be: tdbbackup [-s suffix] *.tdb Before restarting samba the following command may be run to validate .tdb files: tdbbackup -v [-s suffix] *.tdb Samba .tdb files are stored in various locations, be sure to run backup all .tdb file on the system. Important files includes: o secrets.tdb - usual location is in the /usr/local/samba/private directory, or on some systems in /etc/samba. o passdb.tdb - usual location is in the /usr/local/samba/private directory, or on some systems in /etc/samba. o *.tdb located in the /usr/local/samba/var directory or on some systems in the /var/cache or /var/lib/samba directories. VERSION
This man page is correct for version 3 of the Samba suite. AUTHOR
The original Samba software and related utilities were created by Andrew Tridgell. Samba is now developed by the Samba Team as an Open Source project similar to the way the Linux kernel is developed. The tdbbackup man page was written by John H Terpstra. Samba 3.5 06/18/2010 TDBBACKUP(8)