Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to concatenate two strings or several strings into one string in B-shell? Post 82031 by fontana on Friday 26th of August 2005 11:58:08 AM
Old 08-26-2005
Bug Thanks so much!!!

it works great.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Concatenate Strings

Hi Friends, I have a requirement I need to concatenate the below two strings. String 1 = /@jobid_at_ String 2 = value stored in ORACLE_SID String 3 = string1 concatenated with String 2. Please let me know how should i do it in UNIX. Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: diva_thilak
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

concatenate strings

if i use echo "ravi" echo "sankar" it showing output ravi sankar but i want output as ravi sankar remember sankar should be in another echo statement only (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shankr3
2 Replies

3. Web Development

Concatenate Strings

hi..:) this is my sample part of my program.. $csv_output .= $row.",". $row.",". $row.",". $row.",". $row.",". ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jeneca
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenate text between patterns in individual strings

In any given file, wherever a certain data block exists I need to concatenate the values(text after each "=" sign) from that block. in that block. The block starts and ends with specific pattern, say BEGIN DS and END DS respectively. The block size may vary. A file will have multiple such blocks.... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prev
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for string in a file, extract two another strings and concatenate to a variable

I have a file with <suit:run date="Trump Tue 06/19/2012 11:41 AM EDT" machine="garg-ln" build="19921" level="beta" release="6.1.5" os="Linux"> Need to find word "build" then extract build number, which is 19921 also release number, which is 6.1.5 then concatenate them to one variable as... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: garg
6 Replies

6. Programming

Concatenate two strings

Hello! Can anyone explain line 28 for me? I was thinking *a would be replaced by *b, but it actually appends *a to *b. I know it is related to pointer address, but could not figure it out by myself. Thanks a lot! 1 //Concatenate two strings 2 3 #include<stdio.h> 4 char *stradd (char *,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenate strings

Hi,I'm trying to concatenate @example.com to each line of a file f1.txt. and push it into f2.txt. Here is the code i'm using. for i in `cat /home/linux1/xxxxxxx/f1.txt`; do echo ${i}@example.com > /home/linux1/xxxxxx/f2.txt; done But above code only printing @example.com in f2.txt. what... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_bd
18 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Concatenate strings in a a for loop

hi guys, I have this question. I am creating an script to that read a text file(.ini) with the list of the patterns to find for example: EPMS_VO EMPS_PARTS Then it check if file have been delivered in a folder and process it with each pattern, but I am having problems concatenting the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Danman
7 Replies
Tcl_Concat(3)						      Tcl Library Procedures						     Tcl_Concat(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_Concat - concatenate a collection of strings SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> const char * Tcl_Concat(argc, argv) ARGUMENTS
int argc (in) Number of strings. const char *const argv[] (in) Array of strings to concatenate. Must have argc entries. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Tcl_Concat is a utility procedure used by several of the Tcl commands. Given a collection of strings, it concatenates them together into a single string, with the original strings separated by spaces. This procedure behaves differently than Tcl_Merge, in that the arguments are simply concatenated: no effort is made to ensure proper list structure. However, in most common usage the arguments will all be proper lists themselves; if this is true, then the result will also have proper list structure. Tcl_Concat eliminates leading and trailing white space as it copies strings from argv to the result. If an element of argv consists of nothing but white space, then that string is ignored entirely. This white-space removal was added to make the output of the concat command cleaner-looking. The result string is dynamically allocated using Tcl_Alloc; the caller must eventually release the space by calling Tcl_Free. SEE ALSO
Tcl_ConcatObj KEYWORDS
concatenate, strings Tcl 7.5 Tcl_Concat(3)