Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Issues using ssh from crontab to run remote script from Post 81914 by frustrated1 on Thursday 25th of August 2005 03:45:34 AM
Old 08-25-2005
Okay - so my script is a ksh script.. so if I use a ksh shell and type env..
Then output this to a file and source it in my script - you think this may help?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Closing ssh when process run on remote

Hi! I currently run a very long script (two hour left...) on a remote computer through a ssh session. I wonder whats happend if I close the ssh session, or even, the terminal. Is the script running on remote will stop? Thanks for your answers, Tp (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tipi
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to run a script over ssh, having issues with tty assignment

Hey folks! I'm trying to run a tcpdump command that monitors for possible malicious traffic. I want to be able to run this on any of several remote boxes that I monitor which all have different capture interfaces. I've gotten the script to the point where it logs into the box and attempts to run... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: JASI
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ability to run sas prog on remote server using SSH

Hi, I am trying to run a sas prog on a remote server using ssh. I have got the command that I am using in the below paragraph. With it, I was able to run shell scripts but when I tried 'sas' it errored out. I have got my keys exchanged so when I say ssh serverA I automatically connect to my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolavi
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH Remote login to VIO's (padmin) and run oem_setup_env

Hello all, I have been trying to run commands that collect basic info from the VIO's The issue I am having is setting the env with the "oem_setup_env" after I login as "padmin". I usually do the following: ssh server command ssh root@server date , but I need to login set the env and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dfezz1
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to use ssh to run shell script on a remote machine?

how to use ssh to run shell script on a remote machine? ssh user@remote sh ./script.unx i ran the above command ./script.unx HAS NOHUP COMMAND IN ITS BODY, I AM GETTING ERROR AS NOHUP NOT FOUND... i tried to run that script from remote server, its working fine do ineed to set... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: only4satish
6 Replies

6. HP-UX

Remote ssh execution and .profile issues

Greetings, i'm currently having issues in successfully executing a script from one server to other, and i'm cracking my nut in understanding why. Let's get started with the default info: Server A: briozzo@A:/home/briozzo $ uname -a HP-UX A B.11.31 U ia64 2787251109 unlimited-user license ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nbriozzo
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script fails to run properly when run from CRONTAB

Hello all, I'm trying to write a script to gather and send data and it works just fine at the bash command line, but when executing from CRON, it does not run properly. My scripting skills are pretty limited and there's probably a better way, but as I said it works at the command line, but... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: rusman
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run commands on remote server using ssh password less authentication?

Hi, I need to run a script located in a directory on remote server by using ssh authentication from my local unix server. Can anyone help me in this. I have tried the below command. It worked for echo command but when i tried to open a file using cat command it is showing "cat: cannot open... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remote script over ssh execution issues.

If I execute below code I am able to get string from column8 and column10 about a process. serverA1$> ps -ef | grep rotate | grep 'config' | awk '{print $8" "$10}' /<Oracle_home>/ohs/bin/odl_rotatelogs -h:/<app_Home>/config/OHS/ohs1/component_events.xml_ohs1... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
12 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Run a script at remote server without ssh password

Hello, What I want to do is to run a file on remote server by running a script at localhost but script should not ask ssh password of my remote server when script is executed. Scenario1: To copy files from server2 to data server:$ scp -r root@server2_ip:/var/www/html/*.* /var/ When I enter... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
6 Replies
SSH-COPY-ID(1)						      General Commands Manual						    SSH-COPY-ID(1)

NAME
ssh-copy-id - install your public key in a remote machine's authorized_keys SYNOPSIS
ssh-copy-id [-i [identity_file]] [user@]machine DESCRIPTION
ssh-copy-id is a script that uses ssh to log into a remote machine and append the indicated identity file to that machine's ~/.ssh/autho- rized_keys file. If the -i option is given then the identity file (defaults to ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub) is used, regardless of whether there are any keys in your ssh-agent. Otherwise, if this: ssh-add -L provides any output, it uses that in preference to the identity file. If the -i option is used, or the ssh-add produced no output, then it uses the contents of the identity file. Once it has one or more fin- gerprints (by whatever means) it uses ssh to append them to ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine (creating the file, and directory, if necessary.) NOTES
This program does not modify the permissions of any pre-existing files or directories. Therefore, if the remote sshd has StrictModes set in its configuration, then the user's home, ~/.ssh folder, and ~/.ssh/authorized_keys file may need to have group writability disabled manu- ally, e.g. via chmod go-w ~ ~/.ssh ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine. SEE ALSO
ssh(1), ssh-agent(1), sshd(8) OpenSSH 14 November 1999 SSH-COPY-ID(1)