Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers killing parallel oracle process Post 8177 by oracle8 on Sunday 7th of October 2001 11:24:00 PM
Old 10-08-2001
Power killing parallel oracle process

Hi guys:

I have a an oracle job which uses 10 parallel hints and would like to killit when it hangs. I want to kill all the processes that have been spawned. what I do right now is get the pid of the scheduler process which initiated theis job and the do a ps -ef| grep 'pid' and trace through the job till i notice the actual job name and then kill all of them. Is there a easier process to do this.
Can this job be automated.
Thanks for the anticipated help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

killing a process

I can kill running processes on my linux red hat system using ctrl-c but cannot do it from command line of another terminal using kill -2 pid. Although I can kill them from command line using kill -9 pid and other signals. I would like to do it using the kill -2 pid. Thanks for your suggestions (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbhayana
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Killing of a process and send a mail if the process doesnot come up within 2 minutes

Hi Friends, I am new to this forum as well as new to shell scripting. I have a problem here and i need someone to solve this. Let us consider there are two processes(abc & def).There is a script which kills these two processes(i.e killtheprocess abc). Here abc is the argument . There is a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prince89
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

killing the process

Hi, First, I am running a scipt.While the script is running I realize that I dont want the script to be run so I am killing the script externally.Before the process gets terminated or killed it should delete all the temporary files created by the script.How to do this?Can anyone help me? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arthi
3 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

How can i see if a unix Process Aplication i.e oracle is running in parallel

There is a unix process process in oracle running and i see running by typing ps -fea|grep GE_CLIENTES. The question is How can i see if this process is running in paralel. I dont know with a Unix command or specifically its a comand from Oracle. I kow a Parallel process ia a process that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alexcol
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Killing process!!!!

Hi friends, i m in big trouble.... i have one script which connects two server ...like below.. script1.sh ------------------------------------- bash test.sh & eval x=$@ export x=`echo $x` #echo $x # ssh user@8.2.5.6 bash /mbbv/location/script.sh $x|sed '/Binary file/d'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shahul
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding the age of a unix process, killing old processes, killing zombie processes

I had issues with processes locking up. This script checks for processes and kills them if they are older than a certain time. Its uses some functions you'll need to define or remove, like slog() which I use for logging, and is_running() which checks if this script is already running so you can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukerman
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Killing oracle sessions

Hi, I need to write a shell script to kill all oracle sessions. I have to login in unix with unix userid and have to use sudo command to login with oracle userid and has to find out all oracle related sessions that are running currently and has to kill all sessions. please suggest me the way... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rohan10k
1 Replies

8. AIX

SIGHUP killing Oracle Listener Process

I have a cold backup script which backs up my database and then restarts the oracle listener and database at around 01:30 I can see at this time that my database and listener are indeed running. However at around 02:17 my listener process receives a SIGHUP 1 signal from the AIX OS ( version 5.3 )... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Killing the process ID's

Hi , I have a list of application process id's. Is there a way to kill all the process listed below using the script, except the once which are starting with " Genesis " adm 1522 ABC_Process.tra adm 1939 Genesis_Process.tra adm 2729 Genesis_Archive.tra adm 3259 xyz_Process.tra (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: murali1687
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring processes in parallel and process log file after process exits

I am writing a script to kick off a process to gather logs on multiple nodes in parallel using "&". These processes create individual log files. Which I would like to filter and convert in CSV format after they are complete. I am facing following issues: 1. Monitor all Processes parallelly.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shunya
5 Replies
kill(2) 							System Calls Manual							   kill(2)

Name
       kill - send signal to a process

Syntax
       #include <sys/types.h>
       #include <signal.h>

kill(pid, sig)
       pid_t pid;
       int sig;

Description
       The  system  call sends the signal sig to a process specified by the process number pid.  The sig can be a signal specified in a call or it
       can be 0.  If the sig is 0, error checking is performed, but a signal is not sent.  This call can be used to check the validity of pid.

The sending and receiving processes must have the same effective user ID, otherwise this call is  restricted  to  the  superuser  with  the
       exception of the signal SIGCONT.  The signal SIGCONT can always be sent to a child or grandchild of the current process.

If the process number is 0, the signal is sent to all other processes in the sender's process group.

If  the process number is negative but not -1, the signal is sent to all processes whose process-group-id is equal to the absolute value of
       the process number.

The above two options are variants of

If the process number is -1, and the user is the superuser, the signal is broadcast for all processes except to system  processes  and  the
       process sending the signal.

Processes may send signals to themselves.

Environment
       System Five
       POSIX

When  your  program  is	compiled in the System V or POSIX environment, a signal is sent if either the real or effective uid of the sending
       process matches the real or saved-set-uid (as described in ) of the receiving process. In addition, any process can use a pid  of  -1,  and
       the signal is sent to all processes subject to these permission checks.

In POSIX mode, the pid argument is of type pid_t.

Return Values
       Upon successful completion, a value of 0 is returned.  Otherwise, a value of -1 is returned, and is set to indicate the error.

Diagnostics
       The system call fails under the following conditions:

[EINVAL]       The sig is not a valid signal number.

[EPERM]	      The  sending  process  is not the superuser, and its effective user ID does not match the effective user ID of the receiving
		      process.

[ESRCH]	      No process can be found corresponding to that specified by pid.

See Also
       execve(2), getpgrp(2), getpid(2), killpg(2), sigvec(2), pause(3)

kill(2)