Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Roteamento No Sco 505
Special Forums IP Networking Roteamento No Sco 505 Post 8099 by Neo on Friday 5th of October 2001 01:21:58 PM
Old 10-05-2001
My suggest is to search the forums and study the many posts on basic IP configuration using commands like ifconfig , route and netstat. There is also lots of good info in prior posts about how to set up your /etc/rc.d files for making sure your hard work becomes a part of the boot process Smilie

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vncserver on SCo 505

I have installed vnc on my SCO 505 box. its running fin, but when I start a session and connect to it from my win machine I do get an Xsession but I only get an xterm and thats it. I know my settings are in my //.vnc/xstartup file but what exactly am I supposed to see there. will some one send... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: franruiz
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

second tape drive on SCO 505

I need to run a back up that will take more than one tape. What is the command that will continue the back up on to a second tape drive. the first is /dev/rStp0 second is /dev/rStp1. Anyone? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: franruiz
1 Replies

3. AIX

3004-505 Cannot set process environment

Guys I have an AIX 5.3 box.I am getting following messages if i try to switch to any non root user. bash-3.00# su - sys 3004-505 Cannot set process environment. bash-3.00# su - daemon 3004-505 Cannot set process environment. bash-3.00# su - adm 3004-505 Cannot set process environment.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ak835
4 Replies

4. AIX

System p 9115-505: Server and HMC unreachable

Hi there I've bought a used System p 9115-505. When I attach the LAN cable to my router the HMC receives an IP address from my router, but the HMC is unreachable. There are no open ports. Does anybody know that problem? Any help greatly appreciated. Greetings from Italy! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mediaset23
2 Replies
inet_type(4)                                                       File Formats                                                       inet_type(4)

NAME
inet_type - default Internet protocol type SYNOPSIS
/etc/default/inet_type DESCRIPTION
The inet_type file defines the default IP protocol to use. Currently this file is only used by the ifconfig(1M) and netstat(1M) commands. The inet_type file can contain a number of <variable>=<value> lines. Currently, the only variable defined is DEFAULT_IP, which can be assigned a value of IP_VERSION4, IP_VERSION6, or BOTH. The output displayed by the ifconfig and netstat commands can be controlled by the value of DEFAULT_IP set in inet_type file. By default, both commands display the IPv4 and IPv6 information available on the system. The user can choose to suppress display of IPv6 information by setting the value of DEFAULT_IP. The following shows the possible values for DEFAULT_IP and the resulting ifconfig and netstat output that will be displayed: IP_VERSION4 Displays only IPv4 related information. The output displayed is backward compatible with older versions of the ifconfig(1M) and netstat(1M) commands. IP_VERSION6 Displays both IPv4 and IPv6 related information for ifconfig and netstat. BOTH Displays both IPv4 and IPv6 related information for ifconfig and netstat. The command-line options to the ifconfig and netstat commands override the effect of DEFAULT_IP as set in the inet_type file. For example, even if the value of DEFAULT_IP is IP_VERSION4, the command example% ifconfig -a6 will display all IPv6 interfaces. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Suppressing IPv6 Related Output This is what the inet_type file must contain if you want to suppress IPv6 related output: DEFAULT_IP=IP_VERSION4 SEE ALSO
ifconfig(1M), netstat(1M) SunOS 5.10 16 Jun 1999 inet_type(4)