Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mv question
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers mv question Post 80933 by umen on Sunday 14th of August 2005 10:54:13 AM
Old 08-14-2005
mv question

Hello
if I like to move file from defined directories system to new directory that not contained any directories system structure .
But I like to create the same file system structure as source directory for example :

I have 2 directories: foo1 and foo2
foo1 have directories and foo2 have not .
this action will fail because foo2 don't have blah/bo/

mv foo1/blah/bo/test.txt foo2/blah/bo/test.txt

so how can I make it work ?

thanks

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Yet Another Question

Now that I have getch() to work, I have yet another problem. BTW, thank you for answering these questions, I do ask a lot, only because I am eager to know, what is a board used for anyways :) Ok, he's the problem... #include iostream.h #include conio.h int main() { char movement; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbolthouse
2 Replies

2. Programming

Question?

what is WDFP and WE STATION? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: billybayou
1 Replies

3. Solaris

vi question

Im trying to edit a 113 meg file in VI and i get the error TMP FILE TOO LARGE. Does someone know how to get around this? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question

hallo, ik heb hier een vraagje. hoeveel gebruikers kunnen er op 1 unix systeem. hopelijk antwoorden golle nu want ik moet da vinde voor school en die leerkracht zaagt. :p groetjes eu wacht wa was mijne nick ah ja vraagje groetjes vraagje ik kan geen engels dus antwoord liever in het... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vraagje
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

question about wc

Hey my friend was asking me if i knew a way to cout how many different words in a file. I told him no not off hand, but i was thinking about it, and i started to wonder also. I imagine this is probably pretty simple im just missing something, I keep confusing my self with how you would compair and... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: yodadbl07
16 Replies

6. Hardware

question

How to add 3 moniters to a pc set up? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: clicstic
2 Replies

7. AIX

df question

Hi, Can anyone please explain a little about df command. I have following question: Following example is showing % used as 4 where as total free blocks are 15.46 out of 16.00 MB blocks. df -m /test Filesystem MBblocks Free %Used Iused %Iused ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: itsabhi9
5 Replies
fiascotopnm(1)						      General Commands Manual						    fiascotopnm(1)

NAME
fiascotopnm - Convert compressed FIASCO image to PGM, or PPM SYNOPSIS
fiascotopnm [option]... [filename]... DESCRIPTION
fiascotopnm decompresses the named FIASCO files, or the Standard Input if no file is named, and writes the images as PGM, or PPM files, de- pending on whether the FIASCO image is black and white or color. OPTIONS
All option names may be abbreviated; for example, --output may be written --outp or --ou. For all options an one letter short option is provided. Mandatory or optional arguments to long options are mandatory or optional for short options, too. Both short and long options are case sensitive. -o[name], --output=[name] Write decompressed image to the file name.ppm (if PPM) or name.pgm (if PGM). If name=- then produce the image file on the standard output. The optional argument name can be omitted, then the input filename is used as basename with the suffix .ppm or .pgm. In case of video streams, the frames are stored in the files name.N.ppm where N is the frame number (of the form 00..0 - 99..9); output on the standard output is not possible with video streams. If name is a relative path and the environment variable FIASCO_IMAGES is a (colon-separated) list of directories, then the output file(s) are written to the first (writable) directory of this list. Otherwise, the current directory is used to store the output file(s). -z, --fast Decompress images in the 4:2:0 format; i.e., each chroma channel is decompressed to an image of halved width and height. Use this option on slow machines when the desired frame rate is not achieved; the output quality is only slightly decreased. -d, --double Double the size of the X11 window both in width and height; no pixel interpolation is used, each pixel is just replaced by four identical pixels. -p, --panel Show a panel with play, stop, pause, record and exit buttons to control the display of videos. When pressing the record button, all frames are decompressed and stored in memory. The other buttons work in the usual way. -m N, --magnify=N Set magnification of the decompressed image. Positive values enlarge and negative values reduce the image width and height by a fac- tor of 2^|N|. -s N, --smooth=N Smooth decompressed image(s) along the partitioning borders by the given amount N. N is 1 (minimum) to 100 (maximum); default is 70. When N=0, then the smoothing amount specified in the FIASCO file is used (defined by the FIASCO coder). -F N, --fps=N Set number of frames per second to N. When using this option, the frame rate specified in the FIASCO file is overridden. -v, --version Print fiascotopnm version number, then exit. -f name, --config=name Load parameter file name to initialize the options of fiascotopnm. See file system.fiascorc for an example of the syntax. Options of fiascotopnm are set by any of the following methods (in the specified order): 1) Global ressource file /etc/system.fiascorc 2) $HOME/.fiascorc 3) command line 4) --config=name -h, --info Print brief help, then exit. -H, --help Print detailed help, then exit. EXAMPLES
fiascotopnm foo.wfa >foo.ppm Decompress the FIASCO file "foo.wfa" and store it as "foo.ppm". fiascotopnm -o foo1.wfa foo2.wfa Decompress the FIASCO files "foo1.wfa" and "foo2.wfa" and write the frames to the image files "foo1.wfa.ppm" and "foo2.wfa.ppm". fiascotopnm -oimage foo1.wfa Decompress the FIASCO file "foo1.wfa" and write all 15 frames to the image files "image.00.ppm", ... , "image.14.ppm". fiascotopnm --fast --magnify=-1 --double video.wfa >stream.ppm Decompress the FIASCO file "video.wfa". The decompression speed is as fast as possible: the image is decompressed (in 4:2:0 format) at a quarter of its original size; then the image is enlarged again by pixel doubling. FILES
/etc/system.fiascorc The systemwide initialization file. $HOME/.fiascorc The personal initialization file. ENVIRONMENT
FIASCO_IMAGES Save path for image files. Default is "./". FIASCO_DATA Search path for FIASCO files. Default is "./". SEE ALSO
pnmtofiasco(1), pnm(5) Ullrich Hafner, Juergen Albert, Stefan Frank, and Michael Unger. Weighted Finite Automata for Video Compression, IEEE Journal on Selected Areas In Communications, January 1998 Ullrich Hafner. Low Bit-Rate Image and Video Coding with Weighted Finite Automata, Ph.D. thesis, Mensch & Buch Verlag, ISBN 3-89820-002-7, October 1999. AUTHOR
Ullrich Hafner <hafner@bigfoot.de> July 12, 2000 fiascotopnm(1)