Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Sending INtr key for remote terminal Post 80403 by fdarkangel on Monday 8th of August 2005 04:17:34 AM
Old 08-08-2005
you mean sending a ctrl+c?
i guess you need to have write permission to corresponding /dev/tty* file; you can try writing 0x3 to that file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sending messages through terminal

whats the cmd to send messages using terminal to another computer on our network? We are running SOlaris CDE (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: korupt
5 Replies

2. Solaris

key binding in the terminal

Hello all I would like to make shift+insert a shortcut for "paste from clipboard". how do I do it? where can I find the format to set this key binding, or others? thanks Ori (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: orid
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sending a null character to a terminal

I'm testing out some ESMTP AUTH stuff, and it requires that the username and password be on the same line separated by a null character. Does anyone know how to echo the ASCII null character? Thanks, Alex (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vertigo23
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending message to terminal

hi all i have script #!/bin/bash cd /usr3/prod grep ERROR /usr3/prod/ind.log > /usr3/prod/ind_err.log if test -s /usr3/prod/ind_err.log then echo "error during process" else echo "process succeed" fi i want that this message(echo) will be display one time at the top of the screen... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: naamas03
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending Key Presses

Hi. Im wondering if there is a way to output key presses using a script? Something like this: key=down key=down key=up So say if it was sent to Firefox it would make the window scroll down twice then up once. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Grizzly
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Starting terminal with shortcut key combination

How can the shortcut keys be defined that would open up a terminal window? When using a kvm switch, the mouse sometimes does not work, but the keyboard does, and by opening up a terminal window using a shortcut key combination, the mouse can be restarted by entering the predefined mouserestart... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending key events to background script

Hi, short summary: I need to send keystrokes from USB keyboard to background (bash-)script. I guess I have to use read on the right devive board but how and which? My details: I got a small home server with some VMs using KVM/Qemu, all are suse 11.3. But in general I work on a client... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Snowman
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending command from one terminal to another.

Hello, I am running a program in a terminal. this program is just printing random words. I can change the color of each word by entering the first character of the color(for example G for Green). I want to write a bash code that runs in a different terminal and sends different characters to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alireza6485
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending Mail in OS X Terminal

Hi All! I would like your assistance with an issue that I have been having with OS X (Snow Leopard 10.6.8) and sending mail through the Terminal. I had been trying to send mail from Terminal to my GMail account from my home, where I have a Verizon DSL Internet connection routed through a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: danielsutton
0 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

Using a private key with SSH in terminal

Before you get the wrong idea, I am not looking for how to generate one. I have a key from a server admin but I can't figure out how to use it in OS X. I have the key, the address and everything I should need but there doesn't seem to be a step by step on how to install the key and use it in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylebellamy
4 Replies
REMOTE-TTY(1)						      General Commands Manual						     REMOTE-TTY(1)

NAME
remote-tty - connect to a ttysrv serial console instance SYNOPSIS
remote-tty [-l LoginName] [-7] [-r] socket DESCRIPTION
remote-tty is the frontend for the remote-tty daemon. It is normally invoked using rconsole. It connects to the backend ttysrv process over a Unix socket and allows the user to view what's happening on the serial console and interact with it. OPTIONS
socket The full path to the Unix socket for the ttysrv instance to connect to. -l loginname Specify the login name to use. Defaults to the username if not specified. -r Set restricted mode; don't allow changing of logging status, suspending of remote-tty or setting of line options. -7 Set 7bit mode. SEE ALSO
rconsole(1), remote-tty(1), ttysrv(8). AUTHOR
rtty was written by Paul Vixie <vixie@isc.org>. This manual page was written by Jonathan McDowell <noodles@earth.li> for the Debian project (but may be used by others). May 23, 2006 REMOTE-TTY(1)