Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Tracing file modifications
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Tracing file modifications Post 80091 by blowtorch on Wednesday 3rd of August 2005 08:36:22 AM
Old 08-03-2005
There is a product called ETrust that is available from Computer Associates, maybe you could look that up.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

In Line File Modifications: Search and Replace

grep -il "TEST" ${ENVIRON}/*.pde| while read pde   do     cat $pde | sed s/"TEST 3,1"/"TEST 3,0"/g | sed s/"TEST  3,1"/"TEST  3,0"/g > ${pde}.tmp     if ; then       mv ${pde}.tmp $pde ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shakey21
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

my shell script (file modifications)

hi guys Need some help on my below script #!/bin/sh if then echo "~~:S:wait:/sbin/sulogin" >> /root/joy/inittab else echo "/root/joy/inittab does not exist" fi now the problem is that when i run the above script it runs successfully but when i run it repeatedly the word echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: whizkidash
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to write modifications in to two tables

hi, how to write modifictions of two tables in the ksh (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveeng.81
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script for tracing row in a file

Hi! Sorry for stupid questions, I'm quite unfamiliar win *nix systems I have a script which generates the file which looks like that: 12.11.2008 06.01 0 0 0 2 2 0 0 0 12.11.2008 06.02 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: consta.v
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML file modifications using sed

Hi, During an installation process in a bash script I need to do 2 things with 2 XML files. Does the use of sed affect in any way the XML file ? 1.Add to a section in <ServerListeners> section <ServerListener> <BaseClass>myapp.module.WowConfigurator</BaseClass> </ServerListener> The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: potro
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tracing file installation

Hello, my first post here. I have a script to install a program which runs the user through installation interface offering several options. What I want to do is to trace the possible mistakes during the installation and send them to a logfile. I.e if a user interrupts the installation, I would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tetreb
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifications to a file

Hi, I do not have a clue how to do this nor can I find information on it but I have a file that looks like this (basically 3 columns and tab delimited). I need this in a particular format in order for a program to actually read it. chr1 2 4 chr1 2 5 chr1 3 6 chr2 1 4 chr2 2 5 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File access tracing

Hello.. Is there anyway to check if some processes are reading one file? Id use inotify, but my kernel is 2.6.9, so it doesnt work. -k- (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kimmo_
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifications to a file

I have a file whose format is shown below. It has a table of numbers. In this case, I have 16 values in 12 rows. I want to select a position in the table, example, the 5th number at row 5. I need to change the value in that position by a certain amount and output the file with the modifiation. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifications using Lookup file

I have 2 files. File 1 delimited by ";" File 1: 001;0;11223;xx;N;1001051;124;1;1;1001051;110;0;A_15;D;DX;U 001;0;8830943;xx;P;1226040;978;1;0;1226040;110;0;A_15;D;DX;H 001;0;10946903;xx;N;1300496;978;1;1;1300496;110;0;A_17;D;DX;H... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pparthiv
2 Replies
ARRAY_PRODUCT(3)							 1							  ARRAY_PRODUCT(3)

array_product - Calculate the product of values in an array

SYNOPSIS
number array_product (array $array) DESCRIPTION
array_product(3) returns the product of values in an array. PARAMETERS
o $array - The array. RETURN VALUES
Returns the product as an integer or float. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.6 | | | | | | | The product of an empty array is now 1, when | | | before this function would return 0 for an empty | | | array. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 array_product(3) examples <?php $a = array(2, 4, 6, 8); echo "product(a) = " . array_product($a) . " "; echo "product(array()) = " . array_product(array()) . " "; ?> The above example will output: product(a) = 384 product(array()) = 1 PHP Documentation Group ARRAY_PRODUCT(3)