Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: perl print command
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers perl print command Post 79924 by cbkihong on Tuesday 2nd of August 2005 06:05:03 AM
Old 08-02-2005
print "this is a test message \@1.00 pm\n";

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls command to print fifo of contents (or perl)

Hello, What are the options to print the contents of a directory in FIFO fashion? I have searched the forum for something relative to this question and found no answers. If there is a way please advise, if it has already been answered, please provide a link to the post. Alternately if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl - why is the shell script executed before the print command?

i'm writing some simple scripts to help me learn perl. why does the print command get called after the shell script is executed? the purpose of the shell script is to simply echo to the screen "script run". which is does, but before the print command, you can clearly see the shell script is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjays
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Search and print help

Hi all, I need a bit of help with a perl script, I have a file containing lines that look like: M1 (Agnd Agnd ibias_gnP Agnd) nch l=250.0n w=10u m=1 ad=2.5e-12 \ as=2.5e-12 pd=20.5u ps=20.5u nrd=0.025 nrs=0.025 sa=2.5e-07 \ sb=2.5e-07 M21 (Agnd VSSabc Agnd Agnd) nch... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crypto
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] Accessing array elements within a sed command in Perl script

I am trying to use a script to replace the header of each file, whose filename are stored within the array $test, using the sed command within a Perl script as follows: $count = 0; while ( $count < $#test ) { `sed -e 's/BIOGRF 321/BIOGRF 332/g' ${test} > 0`; `cat 0 >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: userix
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

using perl to print 1 or 0

Suppose u have a file FILE A ABCA10 DIFF VALUES P203S POLY ABCA1 DIFF VALUES A1046D ABCA4 DIFF VALUES D846H POLY ABCA4 DIFF VALUES I1846T POLY ABCA4 DIFF VALUES Wa ABCA4 DIFF VALUES WA ABCA4 DIFF VALUES Wb and u want to print that if FILE A have POLY so print 0 otherwise 1 means... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl with two files and print

Suppose u have two files one file >hi|23433|sp|he is RAJ<space>>hi|23333|df|He is HUMAN<space>>hi|222|gi|howru|just WOWHEISWONDERFUL >hi|25559|gs|heisANUJ<space>>hi|2232|sp|he is fool SKSIKSIKSLKSSLLS Another file HUMAN so output wil be ...if the list contain HUMAN only take it... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

using perl to print columnwise

Suppose we have two files one file FAAA_HUMAN.input1 2 5 7 11 and another file FAAA_HUMAN.output M*0.0540*0.0039*0.2212*0.0082*0.0020*0.0137*0.0028*0.0029*0.2198*0.0104*0.0889*0.0282*0.0049*0.0804*0.1743*0.0215*0.0531*0.0071*0.0007*0.0021*0.7270*2.5000*... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl/unix: script in command line works but not in perl

so in unix this command works works and shows me a list of directories find . -name \*.xls -exec dirname {} \; | sort -u | > list.txt but when i try running a perl script to run this command my $query = 'find . -name \*.xls -exec dirname {} \; | sort -u | > list.txt';... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpddong
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl :How to print the o/p of a Perl script on console and redirecting same in log file @ same time.

How can i print the output of a perl script on a unix console and redirect the same in a log file under same directory simultaneously ? Like in Shell script, we use tee, is there anything in Perl or any other option ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: butterfly20
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

color print using perl

Hi i want to print the text in different color using perl script. i am able to print on console(terminal). but if i try to print the same into a file, i am not able to do color.pl #!/bin/usr/perl use Term::ANSIColor; print "This text is normal.\n"; use Term::ANSIColor qw(:constants);... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: roopa
3 Replies
PERLIVP(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide						PERLIVP(1)

NAME
perlivp - Perl Installation Verification Procedure SYNOPSIS
perlivp [-a] [-p] [-v] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The perlivp program is set up at Perl source code build time to test the Perl version it was built under. It can be used after running: make install (or your platform's equivalent procedure) to verify that perl and its libraries have been installed correctly. A correct installation is verified by output that looks like: ok 1 ok 2 etc. OPTIONS
-h help Prints out a brief help message. -a run all tests Normally tests for optional features are skipped. With -a all tests are executed. -p print preface Gives a description of each test prior to performing it. -v verbose Gives more detailed information about each test, after it has been performed. Note that any failed tests ought to print out some extra information whether or not -v is thrown. DIAGNOSTICS
* print "# Perl binary `$perlpath' does not appear executable. "; Likely to occur for a perl binary that was not properly installed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. * print "# Perl version `$]' installed, expected $ivp_VERSION. "; Likely to occur for a perl that was not properly installed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. * print "# Perl @INC directory `$_' does not appear to exist. "; Likely to occur for a perl library tree that was not properly installed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. * print "# Needed module `$_' does not appear to be properly installed. "; One of the two modules that is used by perlivp was not present in the installation. This is a serious error since it adversely affects perlivp's ability to function. You may be able to correct this by performing a proper perl installation. * print "# Required module `$_' does not appear to be properly installed. "; An attempt to "eval "require $module"" failed, even though the list of extensions indicated that it should succeed. Correct by con- ducting a proper installation. * print "# Unnecessary module `bLuRfle' appears to be installed. "; This test not coming out ok could indicate that you have in fact installed a bLuRfle.pm module or that the "eval " require "$mod- ule_name.pm"; "" test may give misleading results with your installation of perl. If yours is the latter case then please let the author know. * print "# file",+($#missing == 0) ? '' : 's'," missing from installation: "; One or more files turned up missing according to a run of "ExtUtils::Installed -> validate()" over your installation. Correct by con- ducting a proper installation. * print "# Perl header `$_' does not appear to be properly installed. "; Correct by running h2ph over your system's C header files. If necessary, edit the resulting *.ph files to eliminate perl syntax errors. For further information on how to conduct a proper installation consult the INSTALL file that comes with the perl source and the README file for your platform. AUTHOR
Peter Prymmer perl v5.8.9 2009-04-13 PERLIVP(1)