Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Copying files with the latest date Post 79802 by shashi_kiran_v on Monday 1st of August 2005 06:01:06 AM
Old 08-01-2005
Hi,

Thats true... I need to do something on automation.

Shash

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying files created after a specified date/time

I need to write a script that copies files from one directory to another that were created after "today 6:30". This script will be NOT be ran at the same time each day. any help is appreciated. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jm6601
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop through files in dir, omit file with latest date

I want to loop through files in a directory but omit the file with the latest date in my list of files. How would I accomplish this? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stringzz
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

copying the latest file

Hi, I have a problem. I have some text files in a folder. The names can be like: emp_20080307053015.dat emp_20080306053015.dat emp_20080305053015.dat emp_20080304053015.dat The date format appended is like yyyymmdd and timestamp. What i need is i have to copy the latest file every... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aswarth
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to find latest date and time of the files

Hi everyone, Please help:) I have a list of 1000 different files which comes daily to the directory.Some of the files are not coming to the directory now. I need to write a shell script to find the latest date and time of the files they came to the directory. The files should be unique.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthicss
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying latest file into a folder

Hello all, this is my first post while i am trying to understand unix. I would basically like to know if i can do this: Lets say i have a folderA and folderB And i save something in folderA Can i make a script that checks folderA latest file, then compares it with the date of latest file in... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: takissd
16 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying a directory structure with the latest versions of files

Hello I have three directory structures for code releases. Each directory structure looks like this: bash-3.00$ ls -R | more .: Test_Release_1 Test_Release_2 Test_Release_3 ./Test_Release_1/dbcode: rp_online_import_srdp.pkb-1 srdp_ar_validation.pkb-1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Glyn_Mo
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to backup latest date files?

Hi, I have below two situations to handle, 1. I have list of files with file names having date&time. I have to backup to old date files. say I have below files in a directory, 1. XX123_20101004010101.dat 2. XX124_20101004010201.dat 3. XX121_20101003010101.dat 4.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: smr_rashmy
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

latest files copying over to new path

ls -lrt | nawk -v D="$(date +'%b%e:'| sed 's/ //g')" 'D==$6$7":"{sub(".*"$9,$9);print}' This picks only the latest files created based on the timestamp for that particular day.. how do i copy over the same files to a different location???? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: win4luv
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Selecting the file of latest Date

Hi Folks, I have one query that there is a folder in which daily several logs files are getting created , I reached to that location through putty but what I observer that 10 files of different date are been created with same name , what I need to see is the latest file ...let say the location is ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: KAREENA18
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : copying only the latest file to other directory

In linux.. In a directory there are 3 files which I want to copy only the latest file (ls -ltr myfiles*.txt|tail -1) to other directory in perl? Could anyone please help me with the code? Regards, J (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
1 Replies
gnomevfs-copy(1)						   User Commands						  gnomevfs-copy(1)

NAME
gnomevfs-copy - copy a file from one VFS location to another SYNOPSIS
gnomevfs-copy [-h] source-URI destination-URI DESCRIPTION
gnomevfs-copy copies a file from one URI location to another, using the virtual file system. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -h Display usage and help information. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: source-URI Specifies the source file location in standard URI format. destination-URI Specifies the destination file or directory location in standard URI format. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Copying a File From a Web Server to a Local File example% gnomevfs-copy http://www.sun.com file:///home/user/index.html ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables: NLSPATH. EXIT STATUS
The exit value 0 is returned regardless of success or failure. FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnomevfs-copy Executable to copy a file from one VFS location to another ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-vfs | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gnomevfs-cat(1), gnomevfs-info(1), gnomevfs-ls(1), gnomevfs-mkdir(1) NOTES
Written by Stephen Browne, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 6 Sep 2004 gnomevfs-copy(1)