Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: scripts access
Special Forums Cybersecurity scripts access Post 798 by steve hodkin on Friday 19th of January 2001 02:20:15 PM
Old 01-19-2001
thanks all

hi
thanks for the replys. I have being told by one of the subscibers to our isp that we do support suexec but I am none the wiser to implementing this with php.
I have been to a few sites and read up on this command but still very vague on how to use because of the lack of examples.

once again thankyou
regards
steve

[Edited by Neo on 01-19-2001 at 11:58 PM]

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help to access/mount so to access folder/files on a Remote System using Linux OS

Hi I need to access files from a specific folder of a Linux system from an another Linux System Remotely. I know how to, Export a folder on One SCO System & can access the same by using Import via., NFS in the Sco Unix SVR4 System using the scoadmin utility. Also, I know to use mount -t ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Access shell scripts from HTML page

Hi, I need (have been asked/order/instructed) to migrate the access of a number of ksh scripts into a html/web page environment. Currently access is with the user logging onto a unix box and accessing the scripts that way. The users are not unix people so I have restricted the access solely to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nhatch
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to access variables across scripts

Hi All, I have declared a variable in script1 and assign a value for it. In script2 i'll call script1 and then I want the value of variables set in script1. I have tried with export, but in vain. How can I achive this? Below is the two scripts. --script1 #!/usr/bin/ksh echo $1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: javaDev
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing the Bash Scripts to Bourne Scripts:URGENT

Hi, I have to write a program to compute the checksums of files ./script.sh I wrote the program using bash and it took me forever since I am a beginner but it works very well. I'm getting so close to the deadline and I realised today that actually I have to use normal Bourne shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pgarg1989
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

kernel giving access for multiple users to access files

hi all, i want to know y kernel is giving access for multiple users to access a file when one user may be the owner is executing that file. Because other user can manipulate that file when the other user is executing that file, it will give the unexpected result to owner . plz help me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimmyuk
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

using unix scripts database access

i want to access database (sql script) within a unix script. help me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chamaraa
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

export and access env variable in two scripts

Hi, I have two scripts say one.sh and two.sh. I want one.sh to continuously export a variable in loop. and when two.sh starts then it should read the last value exported from one.sh. file: one.sh #! bin/sh for i in `seq 1 1 4000000`; do export VAR=$(($i**$i)) ; done file two.sh ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhushan123
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - How to call different scripts from master scripts based on a column in an Oracle table

Dear Members, I have a table REQUESTS in Oracle which has an attribute REQUEST_ACTION. The entries in REQUEST_ACTION are like, ME, MD, ND, NE etc. I would like to create a script which will will call other scripts based on the request action. Can we directly read from the REQUEST_ACTION... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoodit
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Restrict access to .ksh scripts

Hi, How to restrict access to a .ksh script in such the way that the users can only execute the script, neither read nor write. I tried the below code so that my user alone has the rwx and other users can only execute. chmod 711 sample.ksh But when I logged in as a different user... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
26 Replies

10. Solaris

samba read write access to owner and no access to other users

Hi All, I want to configure samba share permission so that only directory creator/owner has a read and write permission and other users should not have any read/write access to that folder.Will that be possible and how can this be achieved within samba configuration. Regards, Sahil (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sahil_shine
1 Replies
GSHADOW(5)                                                 File Formats and Conversions                                                 GSHADOW(5)

NAME
gshadow - shadowed group file DESCRIPTION
/etc/gshadow contains the shadowed information for group accounts. This file must not be readable by regular users if password security is to be maintained. Each line of this file contains the following colon-separated fields: group name It must be a valid group name, which exist on the system. encrypted password Refer to crypt(3) for details on how this string is interpreted. If the password field contains some string that is not a valid result of crypt(3), for instance ! or *, users will not be able to use a unix password to access the group (but group members do not need the password). The password is used when a user who is not a member of the group wants to gain the permissions of this group (see newgrp(1)). This field may be empty, in which case only the group members can gain the group permissions. A password field which starts with an exclamation mark means that the password is locked. The remaining characters on the line represent the password field before the password was locked. This password supersedes any password specified in /etc/group. administrators It must be a comma-separated list of user names. Administrators can change the password or the members of the group. Administrators also have the same permissions as the members (see below). members It must be a comma-separated list of user names. Members can access the group without being prompted for a password. You should use the same list of users as in /etc/group. FILES
/etc/group Group account information. /etc/gshadow Secure group account information. SEE ALSO
gpasswd(5), group(5), grpck(8), grpconv(8), newgrp(1). shadow-utils 4.5 01/25/2018 GSHADOW(5)