Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers A Question related to the net Post 7922 by sskb on Wednesday 3rd of October 2001 01:24:02 PM
Old 10-03-2001
can i know what exactly i have to remove?
because some sites do not give me access if i remove the cookies!
sskb

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

a math related question

hello: First I know the rules on Homework related questions, I wrote my script, but I cannot seem to figure out how to do one math problem. How do I take a zip code and seperate the idvidual digits? I used the modulus expression and divided the number by 10 ^ n but that only worked... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jahjah
9 Replies

2. Programming

signals related question

Hi all, Just a little question relative to signals. I know that if an application is in the sleep state, When a signal is catched, it will be processed by the handler. But what happens if it's processing something? Does the processing stops?? The following code should illustrate this case ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ninjanesto
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

One Question related to alias

Hello, I have created following alias in csh lab 'rlogin -l user23 complab23' but problem is complab23 does not allow automatic login by checking .rhosts file. So after typing lab on command line I have to type complicate password and if wrong password is typed thrice then account gets... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: neerajrathi2
4 Replies

4. Solaris

RBAC related question.....

I am referring Bill Calkins(SCSA exam prep) for RBAC..actually i wanted to make a normal user to get the privilege to run a command through authorization, not through profile files... This is the exact steps given by Bill calkins.. 1.roleadd -m -d /export/home/adminusr -c... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: saagar
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

having df command related question

Hi All, When i have run the below command its showing 90% which is critical for production. for this i need the answer of some below question please help me for that. 1) i want to delete some unwanted files. how can i know the unwanted files ?Is it there any way of knowing this?? 2)and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk related question

awk "/^<Mar 31, 2012 : /,0" /app/blah.log can someone please help me figure out why the above command isn't pulling anything out from the log? basically, i want it to pull out all records, from the very first line that starts with the date "Mar 31, 2012" and that also has a time immediately... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl related question

hi, iam perl begginer,i have written the program #!/usr/bin/perl #use warnings; use strict; print "Enter the name:","\n"; my $name=<STDIN>; my %hash=(siva => "9902774481", dev => "9916391244", venky => "9440506760", manohar => "9440232695" ); print "$name no is:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva.hardwork
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question related to 'ps'

If I run a script called 'abc.sh' and then execute the following : ps -ef | grep 'abc.sh' I always get two rows of output, one for the executing script, and the other for the grep command that I have triggered after the pipe. Questions: Why does the second row turn up in the results. My... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jawsnnn
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk related question

awk -F ";" 'FNR==NR{a=$1;next} ($2 in a)' server.list datafile | while read line do echo ${line} done when i run the above, i get this: 1 SERVICE NOTIFICATION: nagiosadmin skysmart-01.sky.net .... instead of: SERVICE NOTIFICATION: nagiosadmin skysmart-01.sky.net .... can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question related to grep

We have huge file with control A as delimiter. Somehow one record is corrupted. This time i figured it out using ETL graph. If future , how to print only bad record. Example Correct record:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanth38
2 Replies
RMF(1)								     [nmh-1.5]								    RMF(1)

NAME
rmf - remove an nmh folder SYNOPSIS
rmf [+folder] [-interactive | -nointeractive] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
Rmf removes all of the messages (files) within the specified (or default) folder, and then removes the folder (directory) itself. If there are any files within the folder which are not a part of nmh, they will not be removed, and an error will be produced. If the folder is given explicitly or the -nointeractive option is given, then the folder will be removed without confirmation. Otherwise, the user will be asked for confirmation. If rmf can't find the current folder, for some reason, the folder to be removed defaults to `+inbox' (unless overridden by user's profile entry "Inbox") with confirmation. If the folder being removed is a subfolder, the parent folder will become the new current folder, and rmf will produce a message telling the user this has happened. This provides an easy mechanism for selecting a set of messages, operating on the list, then removing the list and returning to the current folder from which the list was extracted. If rmf s used on a read-only folder, it will delete all the (private) sequences (i.e., "atr-seq-folder" entries) for this folder from your context without affecting the folder itself. Rmf irreversibly deletes messages that don't have other links, so use it with caution. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's nmh directory Current-Folder: To find the default current folder Inbox: To find the default inbox SEE ALSO
rmm(1) DEFAULTS
`+folder' defaults to the current folder, usually with confirmation `-interactive' if +folder' not given, `-nointeractive' otherwise CONTEXT
Rmf will set the current folder to the parent folder if a subfolder is removed; or if the current folder is removed, it will make "inbox" current. Otherwise, it doesn't change the current folder or message. BUGS
Although intuitively one would suspect that rmf works recursively, it does not. Hence if you have a sub-folder within a folder, in order to rmf the parent, you must first rmf each of the children. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 RMF(1)