Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity Unix attacks in the last 5 years. Post 7905 by suzant on Wednesday 3rd of October 2001 08:08:14 AM
Old 10-03-2001
MySQL thankyou for unix attack sites

Thankyou for your quick reply.

Speaking to my lecturer tonight he said that we would have to go back more then five years(this fact he says verifies the qualities of unix over MS).

I will check the sites that you have given me, all I am looking for is any attacks, famous or broad cross-section, that may be documented(I understand that few organisations are not willing to do such a thing). So far searching on the sun site has been very useful.

Again thankyou for your help.

ps. I am looking

Last edited by suzant; 10-03-2001 at 09:10 AM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Easy unix/sed question that I could have done 10 years ago!

Hi all and greetings from Ireland! I have not used much unix or awk/sed in years and have forgotten a lot. Easy enough query tho. I am cleansing/fixing 10,000 postal addresses using global replacements. I have 2 pipe delimited files , one is basically a spell checker for geographical... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dewsbury
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Command to separate this years files and last years?

Hello - I have a folder that contains files from 2003 till 2010. I am trying to figure out a command that would seperate each years file and show me a count? Even if i can find a command that would give me year by year count, thats good enough too. Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix korn shell leap years problem

Write a function called dateToDays that takes three parameters -a month string such as Sep, a day number such as 18, and a year number such as 1962-and return s the number of days from January 1, 1900, to the date. Notes: I am asking you to account for leap years. my script is not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: babuda0059
0 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Report on Javascript attacks on Unix

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Prepare a report discussing from an administration and security perspective, role and function of a JavaScript within a UNIX network. You should illustrate your answer with practical examples. In particular attention should me paid to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: afdesignz
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Interview topics or questions for unix developers with 4.years experience

Hi , I am gonna attend interview this week end for unix developer ( 4.5 years exp) opening .. Can you help me out the topics or the questions which I can expect in the interview. This is may be silly but it is very important to me. Thanks in Advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arukuku
5 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

SSH attacks

The attached file contains 36 months data sorted in descending order by number of attempts and originating ip address. Is it possible to block any type of communication with an ip address after so many (5 or 10) failed attempts. The documentation(for Openssh) says that it is possible to slow the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
8 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

The Great History of UNIX (1969-1999) | 30 Years of UNIX History | YouTube Video

I am pleased to announce this new video in 1080 HD for UNIX lovers honoring thirty years of UNIX history spanning from 1969 to 1999 presented in 150 seconds (two and a half minutes) in 1080 HD, celebrating the 50th anniversary of UNIX. The Great History of UNIX (1969-1999) | 30 Years of UNIX... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
8 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

The Dark Years of UNIX (2003 - 2011) | A Decade Lost to Legal Battles | YouTube Video

The Dark Years of UNIX (2003 - 2011) | A Decade Lost to Legal Battles | UNIX and Linux Legal Attacks https://youtu.be/ILH5CVYdl8w Here is the second video in the "history of unix" short videos. The first video was on the "great history of UNIX" and this second video covers the "years of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
7 Replies
A2ENSITE(8)                                                   System Manager's Manual                                                  A2ENSITE(8)

NAME
a2ensite, a2dissite - enable or disable an apache2 site / virtual host SYNOPSIS
a2ensite [ [-q|--quiet] site] a2dissite [ [-q|--quiet] site] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the a2ensite and a2dissite commands. a2ensite is a script that enables the specified site (which contains a <VirtualHost> block) within the apache2 configuration. It does this by creating symlinks within /etc/apache2/sites-enabled. Likewise, a2dissite disables a site by removing those symlinks. It is not an error to enable a site which is already enabled, or to disable one which is already disabled. Apache treats the very first virtual host enabled specially as every request not matching any actual directive is being redirected there. Thus it should be called 000-default in order to sort before the remaining hosts to be loaded first. OPTIONS
-q, --quiet Don't show informative messages. -m, --maintmode Enables the maintainer mode, that is the program invocation is effectuated automatically by a maintainer script. This switch should not be used by end users. -p, --purge When disabling a module, purge all traces of the module in the internal state data base. EXIT STATUS
a2ensite and a2dissite exit with status 0 if all sites are processed successfully, 1 if errors occur, 2 if an invalid option was used. EXAMPLES
a2dissite 000-default Disables the default site. FILES
/etc/apache2/sites-available Directory with files giving information on available sites. /etc/apache2/sites-enabled Directory with links to the files in sites-available for enabled sites. SEE ALSO
apache2ctl(8). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Stefan Fritsch <sf@debian.org> (based on the a2enmod manual page by Daniel Stone <daniel@sfarc.net>) for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution. 8 June 2007 A2ENSITE(8)