Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity Unix attacks in the last 5 years. Post 7893 by LivinFree on Wednesday 3rd of October 2001 01:15:51 AM
Old 10-03-2001
Are you looking for famous attacks? Or are you trying to gather a cross-section of vunerablilities in the last few years?

You might have a hard time finding a lot of informationon case-studies, since most companies don't really want to talk about their insecurities...

A good idea would be to utilize google... a sample quick search:
http://www.google.com/search?q=famous+unix+hacks

If you're looking for specific information on old vunerabilities, check rootshell.org. I don't know if it's still up, but I don't think they've updated in months even, maybe years...

A more current site with tons on information is packetstormsecurity.org.

Let me know if you're looking for something more specific.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Easy unix/sed question that I could have done 10 years ago!

Hi all and greetings from Ireland! I have not used much unix or awk/sed in years and have forgotten a lot. Easy enough query tho. I am cleansing/fixing 10,000 postal addresses using global replacements. I have 2 pipe delimited files , one is basically a spell checker for geographical... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dewsbury
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Command to separate this years files and last years?

Hello - I have a folder that contains files from 2003 till 2010. I am trying to figure out a command that would seperate each years file and show me a count? Even if i can find a command that would give me year by year count, thats good enough too. Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix korn shell leap years problem

Write a function called dateToDays that takes three parameters -a month string such as Sep, a day number such as 18, and a year number such as 1962-and return s the number of days from January 1, 1900, to the date. Notes: I am asking you to account for leap years. my script is not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: babuda0059
0 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Report on Javascript attacks on Unix

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Prepare a report discussing from an administration and security perspective, role and function of a JavaScript within a UNIX network. You should illustrate your answer with practical examples. In particular attention should me paid to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: afdesignz
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Interview topics or questions for unix developers with 4.years experience

Hi , I am gonna attend interview this week end for unix developer ( 4.5 years exp) opening .. Can you help me out the topics or the questions which I can expect in the interview. This is may be silly but it is very important to me. Thanks in Advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arukuku
5 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

SSH attacks

The attached file contains 36 months data sorted in descending order by number of attempts and originating ip address. Is it possible to block any type of communication with an ip address after so many (5 or 10) failed attempts. The documentation(for Openssh) says that it is possible to slow the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
8 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

The Great History of UNIX (1969-1999) | 30 Years of UNIX History | YouTube Video

I am pleased to announce this new video in 1080 HD for UNIX lovers honoring thirty years of UNIX history spanning from 1969 to 1999 presented in 150 seconds (two and a half minutes) in 1080 HD, celebrating the 50th anniversary of UNIX. The Great History of UNIX (1969-1999) | 30 Years of UNIX... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
8 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

The Dark Years of UNIX (2003 - 2011) | A Decade Lost to Legal Battles | YouTube Video

The Dark Years of UNIX (2003 - 2011) | A Decade Lost to Legal Battles | UNIX and Linux Legal Attacks https://youtu.be/ILH5CVYdl8w Here is the second video in the "history of unix" short videos. The first video was on the "great history of UNIX" and this second video covers the "years of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
7 Replies
Dancer::Cookie(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       Dancer::Cookie(3pm)

NAME
Dancer::Cookie - class representing cookies SYNOPSIS
use Dancer::Cookie; my $cookie = Dancer::Cookie->new( name => $cookie_name, value => $cookie_value ); DESCRIPTION
Dancer::Cookie provides a HTTP cookie object to work with cookies. ATTRIBUTES
name The cookie's name. value The cookie's value. expires The cookie's expiration date. There are several formats. Unix epoch time like 1288817656 to mean "Wed, 03-Nov-2010 20:54:16 GMT" A human readable offset from the current time such as "2 hours". It currently understands... s second seconds sec secs m minute minutes min mins h hr hour hours d day days w week weeks M month months y year years Months and years are currently fixed at 30 and 365 days. This may change. Anything else is used verbatim. domain The cookie's domain. path The cookie's path. secure If true, it instructs the client to only serve the cookie over secure connections such as https. http_only By default, cookies are created with a property, named "HttpOnly", that can be used for security, forcing the cookie to be used only by the server (via HTTP) and not by any JavaScript code. If your cookie is meant to be used by some JavaScript code, set this attribute to 0. METHODS
/SUBROUTINES new Create a new Dancer::Cookie object. You can set any attribute described in the ATTRIBUTES section above. init Runs an expiration test and sets a default path if not set. to_header Creates a proper HTTP cookie header from the content. AUTHOR
Alexis Sukrieh LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2009-2010 Alexis Sukrieh. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of either: the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; or the Artistic License. See http://dev.perl.org/licenses/ for more information. perl v5.14.2 2011-11-30 Dancer::Cookie(3pm)