Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sending email from KSH unix script. Post 78850 by rosh0623 on Friday 22nd of July 2005 11:02:15 AM
Old 07-22-2005
sending email from KSH unix script.

Hi

Need guidance on including code to mail a couple of files atached with some subject and mail body !!..

Thanks in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix - c program sending error from DB to email

hi, i have a database table that automatically logs the errors in the database every 5 mins. what i want to happen is to come up with a program using unix-c that gets all the information from the log table, i have a flag initially set to zero which means that the error is not yet sent, the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chino_52284
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending email in unix. need help!

how can I send an email in UNIX, attach a file and cc a receipient? i use the command below to attach a file (this works): uuencode path/filename filename | mailx -s "subject" addr@host.com here is how i cc a receipient (this also works): i have a file named cc.lis and contains: Hello... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tads98
2 Replies

3. BSD

help request for sending email from unix to internet

I have a requirement to send email to a group once I have done some tests. I tried the following from command line:- mailx -s "Test REsults for today " myname@companyname.com <testresultfile.txt but the email was not received by anyone basically I followed the format: mailx -s... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sbabuts
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending email from a ksh script

hi all, i have a ksh script which is meant to send an email with an attachment. i use the following command to send email /usr/bin/uuencode $logFn $logFn | /usr/bin/mail -s "restoration results" $EMAILTO; where '$logFn' is the name of the file including the full path e.g... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

Sending Unix files as attachments in an email

Hi, I am executing the following command in order to send a file as an attachment: mailx -s "Subject" emailID@xyz.com < Testfile.txt Instead of attaching the file Testfile.txt, it is writing the contents of the file in the email message body. Please advise on how I can send the file as an... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sangharsh
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending email from Unix

I am using the following syntax to send an e-mail from Unix (Sun OS). mail -s "hello" abc@yahoo.com But, when I click enter after typing this command, its not exiting and after a while when I give ctrl+c it creates a dead.letter file in my $HOME dir. Can anyone please tell me, if I have to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh8s
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending email from a unix program

Hi, I have create a unix prog file to validate data and send out an email. Below is the command used to send out email in the program. But it is not triggering the email. Please advice on this. (echo ${MESSAGE};uuencode "$FCP_OUT" "ERROR_REPORT.csv"; uuencode "$VALIDATION_RPT"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: contactsmrajesh
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending formatted email from unix.

Hi All, I need to send email from unix in the below format. But the email body is coming all in one single line. How do i format the below text, so that the body of email is properly formatted. Please help. TO: <email id> CC: <none> BCC: <none> Subject: Support: file GENERATION is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi_123
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sending email from UNIX server

Hi, I am trying to send an output of a script in an email. I want to know if there is a way to modify the senders email not as my username on the host server but as one of the sender preset on outlook. I was using cat email.log | /bin/mailx -c cclist -r myemailid -s "subject" tolistids ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gopajitmalakar
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending email in UNIX

can you tell me what is the syntax if I need to keep someone in cc with the below email. mailx -s "shell script completed successfully" arun@gmail.com < /dev/null (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
4 Replies
mhmail(1mh)															       mhmail(1mh)

Name
       mhmail - send or read mail

Syntax
       mhmail [ addrs ...  ] [ options ]

Description
       The program is intended as a replacement for the standard mail programs, and See and for more details of these mail programs.  When invoked
       without arguments, it simply invokes to incorporate new messages from the user's maildrop.  When one or more users is specified, a  message
       is  read  from  the  standard  input  and spooled to a temporary file.  then invokes with the name of the temporary file as its argument to
       deliver the message to the specified user.

Normally, people will use and to send messages.

Options
       -body text
		 Specifies the text of the message.  If it is specified, then the standard input is not read.

-cc addrs Specifies addresses to be placed in the cc: field of the message.

-from addr
		 Specifies the content of the From: header of the draft.  The address given is placed in the From:  field  of  the  message.   The
		 Sender: field is filled in correctly by

-help	 Prints a list of the valid options for this command.

-mts smtp Specifies  the  mail  system  over which mail is sent.  The only value allowed is smtp, which is the standard ULTRIX mail system.
		 Additional values are supported only for use with other mail systems.

-subject text
		 Provides the text of the Subject: field of the message.

Restrictions
       Messages with a null body part will not be sent by You must include some body text in all messages to be sent by

For this version, the -mts option only supports the value smtp.	Additional values are supported for use only with other mail systems.

Files
       Program to incorporate a maildrop into a folder.

Program to deliver a message.

Temporary copy of message.

See Also
       inc(1mh), post(8mh)

mhmail(1mh)