Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: History
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers History Post 7868 by devnul on Tuesday 2nd of October 2001 08:38:30 PM
Old 10-02-2001
.. yeah.. it was really fun with those systems... I remember even having to explicitly set "rm -i" as an alias (I think that was an Ultrix system, but I can't remember)....

... it's all good stuff.. ;>

- dEvNuL

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

History

hi there all , i would like to know what are the other alternatives besides .sh_history file to get all commands typed on console .. Can u help me ? Thanks for all PS : I'm a newbie on this forum :rolleyes: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JuniorJack
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

History ??

Hi, How can i see first 3 commands that are there in history {fc -l} ? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: varungupta
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

History

Hi I am new here.Hope this has not been already posted.I searched,but couldn't find. I am currently learning and using lots of new bash commands,I even check sites and try out commands,or visit folders like /usr/bin and /bin etc and just man many of them and try them. The thing is..I forget some... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivek788
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to review the history and the commands that has been done in this history?

Hello every body, Kindly inform me How Do i find out the time I executed a command previously on UNIX Solaris?? To be more specific and more clear about what i want to know is that I want a command the enables me to know the history and which command i run at this history/time. FYI I used... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedamer12
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

History to Another file [local user history , but root access]

Hi all, My need is : 1. To know who , when , which command used. 2. Local user should not delete this information. I mean , with an example , i can say i have a user user1 i need to give all the following permissions to user1, : a. A specific directory other than his home... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

The history command: See other users command history

Can anyone tell this: If two users are logged into the same server from different locations. Is there a way to see the history command of the other user? I tried the history command, but it is showing me only the commands I used. Thanks in advance for your help. Iamnew2solaris (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iamnew2solaris
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

History to Another file [local user history , but root access]

Hi all, My need is : 1. To know who , when , which command used. 2. Local user should not delete this information. I mean , with an example , i can say i have a user user1 i need to give all the following permissions to user1, : a. A specific directory other than his home... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sriky86
1 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

The Great History of UNIX (1969-1999) | 30 Years of UNIX History | YouTube Video

I am pleased to announce this new video in 1080 HD for UNIX lovers honoring thirty years of UNIX history spanning from 1969 to 1999 presented in 150 seconds (two and a half minutes) in 1080 HD, celebrating the 50th anniversary of UNIX. The Great History of UNIX (1969-1999) | 30 Years of UNIX... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
8 Replies
createhdf(1)							     Emulators							      createhdf(1)

NAME
createhdf - Create a blank IDE hard disk image in .hdf format SYNOPSIS
createhdf [ -c ] [ -s ] cylinders heads sectors file DESCRIPTION
createhdf creates a blank image of an IDE hard disk in .hdf format for use with Sinclair ZX Spectrum emulators. OPTIONS
-c specifies that the .hdf image should be created in `compact' mode, where only the low byte of every word is stored in the image. This is useful for saving space if the hard disk image is for use with an interface which accesses only the low byte of every word. -s specifies that the .hdf image should not be created as a sparse file. Normally, createhdf will attempt to create the hard disk image as a `sparse file', where the operating system knows that the file consists mostly of zero bytes and fills those in without using any space in the file. This option disables this. (There's nothing `magic' about this: if data is written to the file, it will take up space just like any other data; it's only empty space which is synthesised by the operating system). -v version specifies the version of .hdf image to be created. Valid values are `1.0' for a version 1.0 file and `1.1' for a version 1.1 file. Defaults to creating version 1.1 files. cylinders specifies the number of cylinders in the image. heads specifies the number of heads in the image. sectors specifies the number of sectors in the image. file specifies the file to which the image should be written. BUGS
None known. SEE ALSO
fuse(1), fuse-utils(1), libspectrum(3) The .hdf format specification, at http://www.ramsoft.bbk.org/hdfform.html. The comp.sys.sinclair Spectrum FAQ, at http://www.worldofspectrum.org/faq/index.html. AUTHOR
Philip Kendall (philip-fuse@shadowmagic.org.uk). Version 1.0.0 16th December, 2010 createhdf(1)